Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minecraft Suggestions, Now With Links!  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Coreybush11

Re: Minecraft Suggestions, Now With Links!
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 02:16:04 AM »
Take off losing power when you die

the admin of one server we had did it on there

you can lose power by dying to non-related factions incidents

plus this "You will also lose 1 power for every 24 hours offline"
http://massivecraft.com/plugins/factions
-source
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:18:36 AM by Coreybush11 »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 02:16:04 AM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »
Take off losing power when you die

the admin of one server we had did it on there

you can lose power by dying to non-related factions incidents

plus this "You will also lose 1 power for every 24 hours offline"
http://massivecraft.com/plugins/factions
-source
Umm not you lose to related faction incidents. You having crappy people in your faction that die from spiders or down brings down your power. Not being active the 24 hour thing also drains your power. Makes total sense to me. I don't personally see an issue in this.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 02:18:02 AM »
Seeing how everyone is so against restarts(for the most part myself included) what do you guys think of having multiverse mod allowing people to gradually transition to new minecraft worlds instead of just complete restarts that destroy the population.

So what is everyone's thoughts on this?

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 02:50:45 AM »
Seeing how everyone is so against restarts(for the most part myself included) what do you guys think of having multiverse mod allowing people to gradually transition to new minecraft worlds instead of just complete restarts that destroy the population.

If we are going to change the map anyway, I think a instantaneous change would be better... but we can warn people in advance to bring the stuff they want to bring over in their inventory. Can't you save the files for their inventory and just change the map? I thought there was a way to do that.

But you know, only if we ARE going on a new map.

And I am starting to lean towards getting a new map, regardless of the road I made. We have 8 factions, and only has 3 people. The others all have 2 and under. There doesn't seem to be any sort of faction-like activities going on, which ruins the point of the road I made. I made it so it would be easier to travel from faction to faction in a role playing  a few different kingdoms sense, not just use it to look at.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:00:38 AM by Coreybush11 »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 07:05:20 AM »

If we are going to change the map anyway, I think a instantaneous change would be better... but we can warn people in advance to bring the stuff they want to bring over in their inventory. Can't you save the files for their inventory and just change the map? I thought there was a way to do that.

And I am starting to lean towards getting a new map, regardless of the road I made. We have 8 factions, and only has 3 people. The others all have 2 and under. There doesn't seem to be any sort of faction-like activities going on, which ruins the point of the road I made. I made it so it would be easier to travel from faction to faction in a role playing  a few different kingdoms sense, not just use it to look at.
They'll merge together and grow as more people start playing.  The server is barely starting off.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 08:15:17 AM »

They'll merge together and grow as more people start playing.  The server is barely starting off.

I really don't think the people on the opposite ends of the world will merge together.

I don't understand WHY they move so far away, around 1000 blocks should be enough from spawn to slow griefing...

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 05:34:34 PM »

I really don't think the people on the opposite ends of the world will merge together.

I don't understand WHY they move so far away, around 1000 blocks should be enough from spawn to slow griefing...
Some people like to be alone and don't want to live with civilization.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 05:47:37 PM »

Some people like to be alone and don't want to live with civilization.

Single player.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 06:43:19 PM »
Its because even 1000 blocks away isn't enough for griefers, we need some kind of protection plugin so that people can build whole towns without having to worry about griefers coming on and completely destroying them.

Hell usually there is a cycle

1 build town
2 Everybody is happy!
3 Griefer or griefers join the server, start stealing things and breaking houses
4 Nobody trusts anybody anymore, because half the time we won't figure out who it is
5 Everybody moves away
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »
Its because even 1000 blocks away isn't enough for griefers, we need some kind of protection plugin so that people can build whole towns without having to worry about griefers coming on and completely destroying them.

Hell usually there is a cycle

1 build town
2 Everybody is happy!
3 Griefer or griefers join the server, start stealing things and breaking houses
4 Nobody trusts anybody anymore, because half the time we won't figure out who it is
5 Everybody moves away

Not sure why everyone has the illusion that Admins don't exist in minecraft if you get greifed report it to an admin also there is/was a plugin that i saw on a server that allowed you to revert an area back in time(or maybe I'm just insane not sure which) ,but for the most part there is little greifers can do that is irreversible, also factions offers greifing protection for villages so in reality the only people that should get greifed are people on their own and if you do get greifed simply report it to an admin and the person will receive punishment based on the severity of their actions

also we have lockette on the server to prevent stealing

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 06:24:07 PM »
I am basing this off of previous servers where it was an issue. The last server where we built that wood town is a prime exanple.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 06:24:07 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal