Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Crypto's Unban Request  (Read 9100 times)

Offline Blackllama

Re: Crypto's Unban Request
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 02:20:04 AM »
He's been here before and seeing as he can't be bothered to use the correct format, I don't think this is ending well.

Honestly, when I hear his name, I remember a bunch of arguements and crap that came with it, nothing good.  I believe he deserved the ban. 

Offline JimFromTheOffice

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 02:22:48 AM »
I didn't think site bans fit into the format seeing as they aren't Steam- or game-related.

Honestly, when I hear his name, I remember a bunch of arguements and crap that came with it, nothing good.  I believe he deserved the ban.
You think I should remain banned because of some rumors or vague memories that stick in your head? That seems pretty unreasonable.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:25:05 AM by JimFromTheOffice »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 02:22:48 AM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 02:30:31 AM »
Yeah after reading a bunch of your old posts both right when it was happening and re-reading it about 3 weeks ago I think you cause too much drama. CG has pretty much gotten rid of everybody that caused all that and we have been kicking it for pretty much the past year, with no in fighting by anybody (that I can see, what happens in pm stays in pm). Our user base is growing rapidly, we are in the process of upgrading our current servers and adding more on, and I just don't want to see this spiral out of control because of some in fighting again.

At the same time I do believe in a second chance, I'm gonna stay on the fence until some more people post on this
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:46:45 AM by Old Crow »
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline JimFromTheOffice

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 02:46:16 AM »
Huh? I wasn't around three weeks ago.

Edit: Never mind, I understand.

I don't see what's wrong with unbanning me and just rebanning me if they decide I'm a disruptive presence. It wouldn't be a big deal.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 03:05:48 AM »
unofficially I would love to see him unbanned but I am the only community leader that thinks that way so as many times as I have brought up a "give him a chance" type of argument it is has gotten shot down by democracy.  Technically it would
be 2 community leaders that would agree (me and Klondor I am sure) but Klondor recently resigned (will be posting a thread about it soon) as one of the last founders of this community which leaves me as the last founder here.  Anyways with Klondor
gone it will always be a 3/4 decision against.  Now for those that weren't around when CG was originally created, understand that Crypto was an active and well respected individual in this community at one point.  We have given second chances
to worse offenders in backdoor compromises.  Now you did behave yourself to a point I couldn't make an argument at the time for your case.  Before Inject and Crypto got into it everything was fine for nearly a year before and never really had incidents.

Honestly this was the sample case for why I wanted to get documentation on EXACTLY what constitutes being perma banned from an entire community (not just server specific that is left to the head admins or mods).  Also elaborating on the unban appeal process.

If everyone had handled themselves accordingly (leadership and you as well crypto) this would have never been an issue.   All of the real original members of CG will push for his unban as you can see because we knew who he was and not for an incident.

I would love to see nothing more than to give Crypto another shot but at the end of the day I am the few that will actually defend his case.  Crypto was more than a good member, he was a good friend.  I understand the ban sentence however but after a year I think would be time to at least give him a shot.

I don't know anyone else that is this persistent to get back into CG even a year later. 

EDIT

I also want to get this figured out once and for all and hopefully those that still oppose will respond

Offline Pillz

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 03:26:32 AM »
CAN WE PLEASE GIVE HIM A CHANCE?

If he burns CG you can ban both him and me; but I really don't see that happening. He can be a perfectly fine fellow and function properly with others if he wants to; and he will. When his threads are being deleted, moved and bitched about he might get a little mad as anyone else would. That was a year ago; but I doubt he would step across any lines like that. He's not any worse then me, Boxman, Inject or whoever on a bad day.

Can we put the past behind us? Or if we're going to dwell on it; can I bring up more of the past that nobody wants to talk about?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 03:28:00 AM »
DO IT SO WE CAN BAN PILLZ.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 04:25:58 AM »

If we're giving people second chances for apolozing, why is kwuartz still pbanned?

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 04:32:34 AM »
Blackllama does have a good point. I could name a lot of people I wish that weren't banned and I could play with again..

Offline Pillz

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 05:04:10 AM »

If we're giving people second chances for apolozing, why is kwuartz still pbanned?

Second chances for apologizing? He's already apologized a hundred times over; and even been "promised" help from Cadaver. In my opinion if people want to be a part of the community again, clearly they've learned some kind of lesson. For a while Kwaurtz wanted nothing to do with CG after his ban and then he came back; while Crypto was practically forced out and after his ban kept returning to try to dispute it. While further irritating Inject was a bad idea, he just wanted to figure out why he was banned and was hoping somebody would listen to his story, but it didn't matter anymore. His fate was already sealed.

Crypto doesn't ddos servers, he doesn't hack, he doesn't offer anything but his own opinions.

The past is behind us, and Crypto is as much of a dick as the rest of us. If anyone can come up with a legitimate reason to keep him banned, let us know. We have Community Leaders who have done some things that were against the rules in the past/talk about smoking weed, getting wasted and fucking bitches on the forum. Why can't we have the guy who liked to argue a lot? He'd clearly tone it down; so you can't use the past as an example of how he'll be in the present.

I say give Kwaurtz a second chance too, I don't care for him as much as I do Crypto; but if someone wants to be a part of CG again, why not? We're a community aren't we? It really wouldn't be that hard to reban them if the situation seriously called for it. I love Crypto and if you don't like him YOU DONT LIKE ME. AND WE ALL KNOW FROM THE POLL EVERYONE LIKES ME.

ALSO
Everyone knows I very well believe he shouldn't be banned. For some reason I don't see cadaver and inject lifting it though. I don't think there are any valid reasons against either besides "we don't want him to be bad again" and then use the few bad experiences they had in his last days here as the only example of his "bad behavior". ut crypto is the best man on the planet. Refusing him re-entry after tictac was let back is silly doh.

Yeah that shit didn't make sense; shit rarely does when I'm posting from my phone, especially at wild hookah bars with black people I don't know immediately to my right screaming about YOLO and what not. I just wanted to throw my two cents in before he got banned again or something lol.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 05:11:42 AM »
I mean, I can vouch that Crypto can be the most reasonable and enjoyable person to play games with. He was a great admin companion back in SKG, KAT and early CG and he gave me more lolz in ZPS then anyone could ever imagine. He's always been a real chill guy; but on the forums he expresses himself more than he needs to as do we all. Drama only ensues as the community lets it; while he might of looked like an angry drama starter, you all have to understand how pissed off and confused he was at the time. Also how unstable CG was in general; Cadaver was still fairly new to his position as drama queen and there was lot's of drama in general. I didn't even want to be a part of CG at all then; and I went off and attempted a group run by me and Crypto. Sadly neither me or Crypto were in charge and shit went down hill like a BOSS.

Regardless I stuck with CG to this day; peaceful as ever and enjoying it more than ever. It grew on me and I've simmered down as Crypto probably would of if he never had left. The same people aren't around that used to be, and I don't see Crypto starting any drama. There's nothing to squabble over except this. This is probably the last thread of drama in CG there is; due to the poor handling of the situation back then. Keeping him banned doesn't keep the drama away, because he'll be back again one day to see if we'll be kind enough to let him in.

So like I said, give him a chance. Please. It would make me the happiest man on earth and I'd be 100% at peace with CG. I might even give inject a kiss. Tictac came back; originally nobody wanted him to come back and he's doing fine and even is helping out with TTT.

It's not like Crypto would play anything but ZPS and TF2. Worst case scenario; 6 months down the road he makes someone angry. That's not to bad given how often we get angry at each other here.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:19:01 AM by Pillz »

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 11:55:47 AM »
No.

Why: I don't like him. Pbanned isn't a month ban, it's a Pban. He was allowed back when some of the bans went mia. It was only for a few days (as crypot) because guess what happened folks...he got another Pban for constant disrespect of a CL (Myself, Sly, and a few others were there to witness it), trolling, and general douche baggery. I only knew him for a few days, without any knowledge of why he was banned, and agreed he should have been Pbanned. Now that I have reason to see he stays banned I am doing just that.

If you like having cancer so much take up smoking 5 packs a day.

Shame I didn't write down what he said so don't pull the "Well what did he say" bullshit. This guy is nothing but a troll, like Kwaurtz, has proven that he will do what he always does, troll.

Last thing:
WE GAVE HIM A CHANCE and he ruined that too. (As mentioned above)

by Kwaurtz

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 12:36:14 PM »
Ok.
Here is the SET IN STONE process to get a Pban removed.  Now in shorter sentences.

All ACTIVE CL AND HA MUST AGREE TO THE REMOVAL OF THE BAN. One "no" vote = ban stays. There are 3 levels of ban removal: Allow access to Vent.  Allow access to Forum. Allow access to Game Servers. All three aspects are voted on.  AGAIN, if there is one "no" vote per level,  the level ban stays. Active HA and CL have the right to recuse themselves (not vote.)

This is why Dark Emo has Vent access, but no other access to the community.

In the case of Crypto, I have actively held a vote before, and it did not go well for him.  Inject recused himself from the process (he did not vote.)  I did not even get half way through the process, before Crypto had multiple "no" votes across all three levels.

Again, as you can see from postings here on this thread, it is highly unlikely a new vote will change anything.   

Crypto, the last time you came in to get your ban removed, you went about it the absolute wrong way, and made yourself look, well, poorly.  This is coming back to haunt you, and tied the hands of your supporters.   

I will let a few others post, then call for another vote.  I will be proposing a time limit on the pban removal requests.  How does once every three months sound?  Or 6?

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »
I swear Crypto adds literally nothing to the community. All he does is troll. We have given him multiple chances and he still fucks up. The practical advantages to unbanning him are pathetic at best. Honestly, there are basically no reason to let him back in. He thinks he can get into the community by riding the "HONESTLY GUYS I HAVE CHANGED SO MUCH" schtick but that's a load of bull.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »
Gee golly, I guess the hundreds of hours of gameplay and forum time I have with Crypto where he's not trolling and being perfectly reasonable mean nothing. I'm not blind to the ruckus he caused, I just look past it because I have so many good times with him. You guys must be right, he'll always be a troll and a really mean guy. Excuse me for thinking he was human like the rest of us. I'm sorry nobody here has nothing but bad memories of Crypto, as you are all rather new and caught the tail end of his time in CG.

I'm kind of sick of arguing about it with people who know him so little though; I've known the man for four years, you only know him based on bad experiences. I don't understand how our "THE FOUR OF US MUST VOTE" system works or how it got Tictac unbanned when he was Pbanned too; he himself said you guys never were going to unban him. Until he asked to be unbanned and everyone went "LOL WHY WAS HE BANNED?" I had hope for Crypto after tic was unbanned but I guess being disrespectful to other has become a big nono and we're seriously out to prevent it.

He doesn't always troll; we gave him one actual chance, the others were him returning under different names; and quite frankly I think he would have more to add to the community than half the morons here. I could use him on ZPS and he could keep his forum posts to a minimal. But really; being a part of the community is no big feat. Sometimes I swear half of our community adds nothing to the community. Maybe I missed these few trolling experiences you all talk about but I still find it hard to believe he's always trolling. Because he was always called a troll over the stupidest shit, mostly his sincere debates where the only thing close he did close to trolling was call someone an idiot. Which happens all the goddamn time regardless of his existence on the forum. It's not him that's the Cancer, but let's not go into that..

He won't be unbanned though; and that's sad. I wish you could all just give him a chance to see if he actually can function properly with us all. Nobody fucking knows him, and at least that way we could form a factual opinion based on the next month; and THEN decide if the community wants him banned. NOT the four or five CL's we have.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal