Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lost Interest  (Read 7350 times)

Offline Wholegrain

Re: Lost Interest
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 08:25:40 PM »
nobody is really being elaborate enough to actually help
something like what slyder did with his suggestions by providing a lot of reasons examples etc... to back up his ideas

for prop hunt why not just change it to a prophunt server than lol?

I had an idea a while back for a fretta type style for tf2 basically at the start of every map or at the end of the map you vote for what gamemode you want so
melee only
spycrab vs whatever
class only specific
zombie fortress
saxton hale mod
surfing
prophunt etc....

i think personally if we can find something both amusing to the community and also has a playerbase than we are good to go (kind of a no fucking duh statement lol)

Capitalizing in TF2 is a major major step something that will eclipse the success of any other server if it done right and will be slightly better perhaps than the ttt server

but that is only if we can get a balance between what the community wants and a popular server

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »
Me and Slyder are going to colaborate on a list.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
if everything or most of what you want gets added i expect the server to do better

My strategy has failed because of the communities lack of backing so if you implement a new strategy I will put it up
as long as i see improvement.  I still say that mainly its the maplist and if you supply the initial shock than it will keep itself going if only on popular maps but with no initial shock it wont go anywhere.

So far i think we can agree that most of the players that are non cg leave as soon as the map changes off 2fort dustbowl frontier etc.... and onto something like coldfront

Offline Boxman

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 08:36:08 PM »
Don't ask for opinions if you're just going to bash them... Simply put: The prophunt thing was only an example and it wouldn't be 24/7... It can't be too tedious to set it up for an hour or two..

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 08:50:01 PM »
Sorry WG my computers fucked so im not able to assist
Phim Bogason

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 08:52:15 PM »
Don't ask for opinions if you're just going to bash them... Simply put: The prophunt thing was only an example and it wouldn't be 24/7... It can't be too tedious to set it up for an hour or two..

Im not going to ignore them.  If my arm is going to get twisted around my back and the responsibility of the failure of the server is going to get pushed on me well basically let someone else who had a differing way to run it give it a try and if it fails than they are in the same boat as me or if it gets popular than the server is popular i am wrong i will admit it and as long as the server is popular that is all i care about in the end.  Its a win win at this point before their was something to lose when we had a population going but it seems a bit phishy that all the people suddendly dropped out whether a coincidence or a result of foul play.

Right now lets just say i am not well mannered and am having my moment and am trying to stay away from CG which sets me off like this.

Post your suggestions of what will GET THE SERVER POPULATED (remember what you like and what will get the server populated usually differs vastly)

Before was not the time but with no community support all those weeks of starting up the server were lost and thus the server has lost its value directly as it losts its playerbase

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 08:52:57 PM »
Sorry WG my computers fucked so im not able to assist

Doesn't matter nobody came if nobody is going to put in than i am not going to

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »
This is TF2 we're talking about...
More or less like populating ZPS

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 09:10:53 PM »
zps needs like 1 person and go to armory and you are good

tf2 needs about 6 people on a good map for a good amount of time or else it wont start up

not the same at all tf2 is more dependent on the community something that is unreliable from what i have learned over my last 3 years of managing servers

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »
Well there you go. Counting on us to populate it is somewhat high expectations. We're better off throwing up something for a game that people play consistently (Garry's Mod)

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 09:53:24 PM »
Well there you go. Counting on us to populate it is somewhat high expectations. We're better off throwing up something for a game that people play consistently (Garry's Mod)

we are trying to expand off of gmod apparently we havent gathered enough human resources and enough dedication to move off of it.  With TF2 dead we will push ahead with a 2nd ttt server and fretta and hopefully later a zombie survival server if we can get it heavily fixed up and coded.

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 11:48:09 PM »
yay still tf2

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 02:41:08 AM »
TF2 Pisses me off its so unbalanced. Get the right maps get it filled and done.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 07:21:42 PM »
Well things would kick off better if we don't take Duke Nukem Forever amounts of time to get servers up.
May or not be because of being able to but still, "When it's done" is a release date we've seen far too long.

Offline TheSlyder

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 05:25:55 PM »
Game Nights with a custom game like Prop Hunt or something that we have every few days advertised on the site or while the people join the server to encourage adding to favorites? I'm not sure...

Prop Hunt is fun, but I think changing the server's intent and purpose sporatically like that is a bad idea. People will become regulars on a server if it's always there for them. Dependability. If they sign on, hoping to play some TF2 and join the CG server only to find that it's some other game mode, they're probably going to be disappointed, and they're probably going to be less inclined to come back as often.

I don't think special events and alternate game modes are what's going to bring in regulars.

What we need is for everybody, especially admins, to make as many friends as possible so they can invite them any time the server needs populating. I try this, but it's really hard to remember who plays TF2 and who doesn't even own it. Is there some way to mass-invite people? That would be very helpful.

When we see new players on the server, we, the admins and regulars, need to be friendly to them, and treat them like a guest, and above all else, encourage them to return and let them know they're welcome any time. Add them on steam and maybe strike up a short conversation.

Put yourself in their shoes. You join some server, and 2-3 people are being really friendly to you, talking to you a little over steam, you're probably going to want to come back. I know I would.

I really think it would be helpful as well to change our all-talk system so all-talk has its own button, instead of toggling it. I'll see if I can find the mod that ATG used when I was going there.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 05:25:55 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal