Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Religion Thread  (Read 43522 times)

Offline Mindtrixx

Re: Religion Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2010, 06:41:01 PM »
I hate religion threads, everyone is always trying to prove the other wrong and it boils down to "if there is a god did he make himself?" and "u cant prove hes not real!" cuz u really cant prove if hes real or even if hes a he, she, or something in between or even exists ect. Personally i dont belive in god just because thats who i am, but i will never prove that hes real or fake so i tend to avoid these threads and let the people just screw with eachother. <======hint. But sense its teh CG i will just say this, accept what you think is true.                                       

Religion = No comment

Oh and to go into detail on what i think will happen after death is, sense i belive that there is no afterlife i dont think we really have "souls" think about, we been told sense we grew up we have spirits or souls ect but thats not really true is it? So what i think is, is that when u die nothing happens, u just stop...hard to imagin right? not breathing not seeing not feeling ect ect. sense most people done these things all their life its hard to think that this will just stop in a blink of an eye but its logical. Basically a sad truth.
(=CG=) mindtrixx Man of Leisure: aww u wuved me
(=CG=) Blood: slightly
(=CG=) Blood: :3
(=CG=) Blood: was getting there
(=CG=) Blood: now its gone
(=CG=) mindtrixx Man of Leisure: YOU ADMITED IT
(=CG=) mindtrixx Man of Leisure: AND NOW I HAZ BONER

I'M A RAPTOR: yea
I'M A RAPTOR: I wanna become a chess master
(=CG=) mindtrixx Man of Leisure: ...?
I'M A RAPTOR: a master of chess
I'M A RAPTOR: a chess master can beat most chess experts, which can already almost always beat chess amatuers
(=CG=) mindtrixx Man of Leisure: lolk whytho
I'M A RAPTOR: ynot
(=CG=) mindtrixx Man of Leisure: idk
(=CG=) mindtrixx Man of Leisure: makes u look smart
(=CG=) mindtrixx Man of Leisure: which is misleading
I'M A RAPTOR: pfft
(=CG=) mindtrixx Man of Leisure: xD
I'M A RAPTOR: good one
I'M A RAPTOR: i must say
(=CG=) mindtrixx Man of Leisure: ty :D

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »
I hate religion threads, everyone is always trying to prove the other wrong and it boils down to "if there is a god did he make himself?" and "u cant prove hes not real!" cuz u really cant prove if hes real or even if hes a he, she, or something in between or even exists ect. Personally i dont belive in god just because thats who i am, but i will never prove that hes real or fake so i tend to avoid these threads and let the people just screw with eachother. <======hint. But sense its teh CG i will just say this, accept what you think is true.                                       

Religion = No comment

Oh and to go into detail on what i think will happen after death is, sense i belive that there is no afterlife i dont think we really have "souls" think about, we been told sense we grew up we have spirits or souls ect but thats not really true is it? So what i think is, is that when u die nothing happens, u just stop...hard to imagin right? not breathing not seeing not feeling ect ect. sense most people done these things all their life its hard to think that this will just stop in a blink of an eye but its logical. Basically a sad truth.
Basically my thoughts on this.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »
Holy i am gonna have to dispute with dictionaries knowing only pure facts, because as i previously said social interaction is not just black and white.

Offline xXMiss MurderXx

« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »
I think whatever religion is fine. I mean don't believe what you don't want to just don't bug other people about ittt >.>
I'm a Wiccan ^_^

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2010, 07:10:22 PM »
I think you're just saying that so you can use the irony meter animation.

ironymeter ironymeter ironymeter ironymeter ironymeter ironymeter

god that animation is so useful

Offline crypto

« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2010, 10:43:33 PM »
So Holy fails to counter the arguments posed against him and instead focuses on definitions that do not apply to the debate at hand, which he augments with irrelevant and meaningless personal attacks. Imaginative way to admit defeat. I'm done with this thread.

Offline Bjork

« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2010, 10:46:35 PM »
Nearly everyone is Crypto..
(=CG=) Bjork! : Its an old cat aswell so its gonna look like a war vet
(=CG=) Bjork! : It also has a beard
Maurice Moss   : How old is it?
Maurice Moss   : Wait a BEARD?

Offline crypto

« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2010, 10:59:04 PM »
Well, I was taking him seriously even though he was making a moronic case, because he was the only one actually trying to defend religion from what he intended to be a logical perspective (failed miserably). I always bite.

Offline Leomire

« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2010, 11:31:27 PM »
I like being a christian kthxbai

Offline Holy

« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2010, 12:21:51 AM »
I like being a christian kthxbai

Same here, it's much better than being a close minded atheist who is reluctant to accept written facts as well as have a logical answer to the existence of humanity instead of being a fool who believes that nothing created everything. Ah well, death is the ultimate truth teller. Non-believers may have many laughs, but believers get the last laugh.  laughface

Offline Bjork

« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2010, 12:31:55 AM »
Well God was created from nothing and unless you can time travel you cannot tell us if the bible is true.

Besides you are being a closed minded christian who is reluctant to accept peoples opinions and scientific facts.

I have nothing against Religion it is just annoying to see a Closed minded religous person attacking closed minded atheists.

Let people belive what they want to belive rather than simply sniping at those who dont follow your beliefs.

I wish people would understand this and let this thread die.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 12:34:25 AM by Bjork »
(=CG=) Bjork! : Its an old cat aswell so its gonna look like a war vet
(=CG=) Bjork! : It also has a beard
Maurice Moss   : How old is it?
Maurice Moss   : Wait a BEARD?

Offline crypto

« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2010, 12:47:16 AM »
Scientifically supported atheism is, by definition, more open minded than theism.

Offline OMG_ZombiePenguin

« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2010, 02:32:48 AM »
I'd have to agree about what crypto said

Offline Holy

« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2010, 02:35:01 AM »
Well God was created from nothing and unless you can time travel you cannot tell us if the bible is true.

Besides you are being a closed minded christian who is reluctant to accept peoples opinions and scientific facts.

I have nothing against Religion it is just annoying to see a Closed minded religous person attacking closed minded atheists.

Let people belive what they want to belive rather than simply sniping at those who dont follow your beliefs.

I wish people would understand this and let this thread die.

What fact? It's already been established that theories are not fact. Science is simply an attempt to answer questions. The only fact is that science is unable to prove or disprove God thus it puts aside the possibility of God existing due to it's flawed man-made system. I never said anywhere that you have to believe what I believe. I am simply conveying a thought process in reaction to what information/argument is presented before me.

You brought up time, interesting thing really, a good debate idea. Here is some logical thinking about time vs God through a mathematical thought process instead of science:

This unit you call time is also made by man. It is a measurement, nothing more, nothing less. The idea of time limits the brain's comprehension and is only used to help explain situations or calculate distance/velocity. To man, there is a beginning and an end. In a mathematical viewpoint, there is no start or finish unless otherwise defined. Everything falls between infinity and negative infinity. The universe is said to be ever expanding to negative infinity to positive infinity. Keep in mind that infinity is impossible to comprehend. Now since time is man made, God is not bound by such a thing. Since everything falls in between negative infinity and infinity:

let; negative infinity = past = a; infinity = future = b; 0 (origin) = present = c; God = x

Since God is omnipresent. Not only is He everywhere, He is every 'time' as well. So with the given info, this can be stated:  [!= means not equal]

x = a
x = b
x = c

a != b
b != c
a != c

Now this does not make any mathematical sense. For it to make sense it would have to be:

x = a = b= 0
[God equals Past equals Present equals Future]

which is mathematically wrong.. or

x != a != b !=0
[God does not equal Past does not equal Present does not equal Future]

Mathematically this is correct, however, it does not meet the conditions of God. It can be concluded that:

1) Math as is, which knows no limits, cannot explain God's omnipresence.
2) God is able to do the mathematically impossible by being both equal to and not equal to something at the same time.
3) Time cannot limit God.

I would go more into this thought process but I'm exhausted. x-x

Offline crypto

« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2010, 02:43:45 AM »
That entire post starts with the assumption that God exists. Ya can't do that, son. The point is to prove his existence, not assume it.

Also:
Now since time is man made
Not necessarily true.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2010, 02:43:45 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal