Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: George Zimmerman  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Yahtzee

Re: George Zimmerman
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 02:36:01 AM »
It was the blockbuster summer case, blown out of proportion so the jurors could up their paychecks.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 02:53:04 AM »
Zimmerman is that white guy that killed Trayvon Martin. He claims he was only using Florida's "Stand your ground" rule and that it was completely in self-defense but what everyone is led to believe if that Trayvon didn't do shit and the dude got killed for no reason.

Basically.

White guy? He identifies as Hispanic.

Basically this would be a non-issue, but the media decided to blow it up into a huge race issue. No, don't mind the fact that people in Detroit get killed over something as simple as condoms, lets put a huge race spin on this thing in Florida and sell some news!

Or this excellent article. This pretty much sums it up: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/14/zimmerman-trayvon-martin-nbc-news-column-rieder/2516251/

Exactly. This entire case is bullshit basically. The media influenced it far too much. Zimmerman isn't white, and he walks free due to (in essence) a lack of evidence. This shit happens all the time. Calm down America. American media, wat r u doin.  American media. Stahp.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 02:53:04 AM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 11:46:49 AM »
What really pisses me off is the comparison to the Emmit Till trial. Emmit Till was a completely defenseless 14 year old boy that got basically mobbed, murdered and his killers were acquitted because of the racism in the deep south. For this case it was clear that both parties were equally at fault for starting the engagement (Zimmerman) and continuing the engagement (Martin) to the point that somebody was killed. There wasn't any per-meditation for the killing, yet here we are comparing it to one of the more horrific, true race crimes.

I'll bring up Detroit again because I live near it. I don't see anybody protest when kids get shot. I don't see anybody protest when people get killed over petty things. I don't see anybody protest when a 70 year old Tuskegee Airman gets both his legs broken by a car thief, and he crawls to get help while people walk past him, and ignore him. I don't see any protests when people get murdered and the police can't solve the crime because people won't 'snitch'. Only when different races are involved is it worthy of a protest.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »
Combination of jackshit for evidence, and media being media.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Christovski

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 01:19:27 PM »
jackshit = nothing :P

I believe you misunderstood

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 01:19:27 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal