Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Server from the Llamas  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Whitellama

A Server from the Llamas
« on: May 07, 2011, 09:58:05 PM »
So I think it was towersheep that asked me and my bro what we were doing in the coding section in vent the other day, and it was because we are hosting a minecraft server.

It's a fairly serious Whitelist RP server, and we have about 2 regular players so far, not counting me and Blackllama. We haven't put a ton of effort into advertising since we wanted the server and plugins to be set up perfectly before we recruited players, but it's about ready. Anyways, I just thought I'd post in case there is anyone who is into the roleplay aspects of minecraft. And by roleplay I mean IC/OOC separation, a few other minor things, but primarily the logic that your character can't do everything, and should be limited to a certain profession/skillset. For players to obtain what they need, they should rely on others to obtain those goods, and others will rely on them.

Screenshots

The server itself is configured with the needed plugins for RP and administration + protection, etc. and is hosted from Servercraft, so it won't/shouldn't lag unless saving, or unless we actually get a decently sized playerbase, which is when we'll upgrade the server.

If you want to check it out, you'll have to apply on the whitelist like everyone else here, and read the whole post. I'm really trying to get a good server going, so please don't go and grief it up, and I'd love to see a few CG players on there.

Protip: If I don't know you're from CG, I won't be super-paranoid about you on the server. And yes, I am stereotyping the fact that a lot of CG members are fans of griefing and trolling and you know the rest. So please don't take it to heart.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:01:24 PM by Whitellama »

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
Re: A Server from the Llamas
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
Interesting. Cool to see you guys got a working server and all. Yeah, haha I understand being a little paranoid around us considering past events. Hopefully those things won't even happen considering the fact that we removed a couple bad cookies :P

Also would it be fine if I applied here? I despise teh Minecraft forums >.<

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 10:57:24 PM »
Of course. Just paste the app.

I'll show you around too if you want.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 11:17:11 PM »
MC Username: DarkEmo
How long have been playing minecraft: A couple months or so.
About you: Respectful, kind and a huge Japan freak.
Character's Profession/Hobby (General idea for job charter): I honestly don't know what I could do for a job >.< I'd possibly be interested in being a miner/smith. Or perhaps in explorer? If you count that as a job.
Anything else you might want to tell us: I eat a lot.
Have you ever been banned and why (Brownie points for honesty): I've banned myself once if that counts?

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 11:23:29 PM »
Okay, accepted (of course), and I gotto go eat dinner, but you should be added, and I might seen you on later.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 08:39:19 PM »
If you haven't found a job yet, we could use a guard/hunter or something to basically fight monsters at night and collect their drops.  Maybe a contractor?  People pay you to build shit for them?  I don't really know.

Tictactoe360

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:02:25 AM »
I'd be willing to do some Hunting if this is a server that is going to stay up.

Tictactoe360

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »
MC Username: Tictactoe360
How long have been playing minecraft: 3 Months I believe

About you: Peaceful (Think of me like that T-rex thing in final fantasy 12, I'm neutral until you hit me then I fuck you all up)

Character's Profession/Hobby (General idea for job charter): Hunter/Trader (Find pork,leather,string,bones and other good)

Anything else you might want to tell us: I enjoy wondering in minecraft just to see the weird landscape

Have you ever been banned and why (Brownie points for honesty): I was banned from Kwaurtz old Minecraft server from griefing his and only his house (My reason for doing so was simple I disliked him and everything about him)

Thanks Emo for the templet.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 03:47:57 AM »
MC Username: Tictactoe360
How long have been playing minecraft: 3 Months I believe

About you: Peaceful (Think of me like that T-rex thing in final fantasy 12, I'm neutral until you hit me then I fuck you all up)

Character's Profession/Hobby (General idea for job charter): Redstone builder (Locking mechanisms, password doors, etc.)
Anything else you might want to tell us: Hmm, nope

Have you ever been banned and why (Brownie points for honesty): Banned on a minecraft server? Only on school on a LAN my friend griefed my by banning, and I did /stop :D (But that doesn't count right?

Thanks Emo for the templet.

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »
Long story short, ServerCraft is shit.

Anyone else had experience with some good MC hosts?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal