Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nintendo done making consoles??  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Old Crow

Nintendo done making consoles??
« on: April 26, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »
http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-admitting-it-cant-hang-competition/

They cancelled their E3 presentation. Could this be the sign that they have finally admitted that maybe they made a mistake, or are they planning on showing something much more awesome next year, that will blow everybody away?
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline TowerSheep

Re: Nintendo done making consoles??
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:08:37 AM »
They just released the Wii U, maybe they are waiting to surprise everyone rather than "look we're like all other consoles who just push stupid shit out asap"

by Kwaurtz

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:08:37 AM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »
Eh, I don't do consoles much these days, what with so many games I have on Steam.

I'll always go out of my way to play new Zelda, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros games, but the new console seems a bit of a flop to me so unless they get some new titles out I could care less.

I'm still getting a 3DS though, nintendo has always made the best hand-helds.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
Ninty makes good handhelds, but they really need to focus on a wider demographic, they need to be making things that can battle head-on with Next-Gen consoles, I think part of the failure of the wii/wii-u is because of the advertising, it's basically being sold as a child's toy, I know they're supposed to be a family-friendly gaming company, but they really should start focusing more on the horsepower on the machine than go all-out on the gimmick of the machine - while sure, their products do offer good ideas (most of the time...), it's nothing really world-changing.

Anyway, I'm not sure they're done with the consoles, I think they can do some wonders still.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:29:54 PM by Leetgrain »
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »
they need to be making things that can battle head-on with Next-Gen consoles

Do they really though? 

I mean a company can still make plenty good money without having to "beat" all the companies they are sharing the market with.

I mean they already dominate the handheld market

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 05:01:53 PM »
they need to be making things that can battle head-on with Next-Gen consoles

Do they really though? 

I mean a company can still make plenty good money without having to "beat" all the companies they are sharing the market with.

I mean they already dominate the handheld market

Console market > handheld market

Lets look at it this way, how many of you bought the Wii when it came out? *Everyone puts up there hand* How many of you don't use it anymore? *Everyone keeps their hands up* I don't think they'll stop making consoles because if they come out with something unique everyone will buy it, regardless of how much it sucks. (I just hope they make a gamecube 2.0 or something)
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 05:06:54 PM »
I use my Wii.... to play Gamecubes games  trollface
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Billy

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »
I wish consoles would just die. Everything should be PC-based nowadays. LET'S MOVE INTO THE FUTURE NOW FOLKZ
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »

Lets look at it this way, how many of you bought the Wii when it came out? *Everyone puts up there hand* How many of you don't use it anymore? *Everyone keeps their hands up* I don't think they'll stop making consoles because if they come out with something unique everyone will buy it, regardless of how much it sucks. (I just hope they make a gamecube 2.0 or something)

What I am truly asking is does Nintendo really need to "beat" anyone in the console market to still make buttloads of money?

Not really.

They aren't in danger of going out of business any time soon thats for sure, and so far every nintendo console has done better than the dreamcast did trollface

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 07:33:13 PM »

What I am truly asking is does Nintendo really need to "beat" anyone in the console market to still make buttloads of money?

Not really.

They aren't in danger of going out of business any time soon thats for sure, and so far every nintendo console has done better than the dreamcast did trollface

Oh no, that's not what I'm saying at all. I just think that if they do make more consoles they'll make profit.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »
I doubt they will drop out completely, but the Wiiu came out so recently I know they wont have anything when the xbox and PS whatever new things come out, it may have been intentional so they didnt have to compete, persobally the wiiu is the first nintendo console EVER that I have not cared about at all.  Got my Wii for Wii+GC games, N64, and my NES I'm set

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal