Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Signature Repo  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Prince LunaShy

Signature Repo
« on: January 16, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »
So, as I own a copy of photoshop, I decided to try my hand at signatures. I'm proud of a couple of these, but most of them are terrible (cough cough my sig right now.) I'll toss these here, so you guys tell me if you want them and/or have a request. I can't possibly beat Kwaurtz in skill, but I'll get yours done a lot faster. Plus, I'm getting better every day at these. Anybody who can offer tips, that would be greatly appreciated!

REPO STARTS HERE:

"If violence isn't the answer, you're not using enough." - DustTraveler
(=CG=) StormOfAshes: YOU JUST LOST YOUR VIRGINITY
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: XD
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: nope
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: that's locked up tighter than fort knox
I humped a three year old last night.
Her name was ??Mystery??
"Fuck the rules, I can break as many as I want."
Good by RebelMaster, please let the door hit you on your way out.

Offline Leetgrain

Re: Signature Repo
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 02:10:32 PM »

- Something I was working on for TowerSheep

- Something I was working on for Scooby

- shit I was working on for me
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 02:10:32 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 02:22:29 PM »
A couple of things I've noticed, and heres some advice:

Size: Your signatures are way too big.
Lens flare: Isn't really serving a purpose, right now it seems you are imitating J.J. Abrams and just adding it.
Backgrounds:I'm noticing either a lot of nothing, or just pasting another image behind the actual render. Doesn't really look well, in most cases. This is something that I'm working on myself. A lot of the time some of the better signatures I've seen come from nothing but manipulating the image in various ways to generate the background.
Colors:Never mix a bold color, like the blue of your name, on a super dark background like that, not only does it strain the eye for your average person, but that text is big, and honestly, not that appealing on the eyes. While it may look cool, a secret to the art of making signatures is that you want it to be easy to look at. If someone's gotta strain to look at it because of the color contrast, they won't bother.

In general, you want to keep your signature limited to three colors at max. And here you want to keep them generally within four slivers of each other, and never mix with the color directly across unless you have a thematic reason to. IE: Red and Green clash like motherfuckers, but during Christmas, is okay.

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 04:05:51 PM »
A couple of things I've noticed, and heres some advice:

Lens flare: Isn't really serving a purpose, right now it seems you are imitating J.J. Abrams and just adding it.
Backgrounds:I'm noticing either a lot of nothing, or just pasting another image behind the actual render. Doesn't really look well, in most cases. This is something that I'm working on myself. A lot of the time some of the better signatures I've seen come from nothing but manipulating the image in various ways to generate the background.
Colors:Never mix a bold color, like the blue of your name, on a super dark background like that, not only does it strain the eye for your average person, but that text is big, and honestly, not that appealing on the eyes. While it may look cool, a secret to the art of making signatures is that you want it to be easy to look at. If someone's gotta strain to look at it because of the color contrast, they won't bother.
-snip-
I know that I make them too big - I'm just using these to screw around with.
The lens flare there is there because I forgot to remove it from the final piece(for the first one.) For the last one, I used it to show the curved lines of.
For half those images there, the background is made with the render used. First step, Filter>Render>Clouds, then brush a bit with black and white brushes. then, I copy-paste the render or image used onto it, until the entire area is filled. Merge layers used for covering screen. Then, apply a filter - motion blur works nicely. Set the layer to overlay, and you've got a background that won't clash with your sig. Other way - cover screen with the render, like before, and ripple it. this give a kind of smooth underwater-ey theme. Works good when you set the colors to something like the color on my smallest sig. 

Her name was ??Mystery??

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »
Yeah, the whole ripple thing is cool when you are first learning it, but the way you are using it doesn't take full advantage of it. Heres a tutortial to help.

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 08:59:53 PM »
my new sig.

Her name was ??Mystery??

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 06:39:51 PM »

For storm.

Her name was ??Mystery??

Offline Boxman

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 06:58:45 PM »
WELP, I hope you don't mind Kwaurtz but I'm deconstructing your post.

Size is nothing more than personal preference. I made signatures vertical, horizontal, large, and small.
Personally, the larger the signature, the more in-depth you can go with it.

Lens flares typically add a distinction of light to certain images, used to create flow within a signature, but you're correct. The flares in these don't serve a whole lot of purpose.

This is also very correct. Color correction, blending, blurring, abstract images, etc. help distort the background without ruining it and giving it a different feel in comparison to a copy-paste sort of deal.
This is solid advice and highly suggested.

I found my favorite method of blending a render's image with the background is to make multiple copies of the render, spread them out evenly, get a proper blur setting, and make something like the bottom example.

Colors:Never mix a bold color, like the blue of your name, on a super dark background like that, not only does it strain the eye for your average person, but that text is big, and honestly, not that appealing on the eyes.
This, I disagree with. While it's important to keep in mind to not overlay blue or red text against one another, vibrant colors bring out signatures sometimes. I like mixing browns & pinks seeing as the dull pink mixes well with it, but again, all personal preference.

Also, take note that overdoing brushes takes away from signatures. Oh, and you should find proper renders that don't have white marks left behind.

Also, while I'm here, here's a signature I made about 2 years ago.

Here's a helpful site for renders/tutorials:
http://www.planetrenders.net/
http://planetrenders.net/forums/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:05:05 PM by Boxman »

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 07:09:15 PM »
Another site thats helpful for tuts, and renders, is Stealthart.net, of which I'm a Administrator for, and the owner is a good irl friend of mine.

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 07:11:24 PM »
WELP, I hope you don't mind Kwaurtz but I'm deconstructing your post.

Size is nothing more than personal preference. I made signatures vertical, horizontal, large, and small.
Personally, the larger the signature, the more in-depth you can go with it.

Lens flares typically add a distinction of light to certain images, used to create flow within a signature, but you're correct. The flares in these don't serve a whole lot of purpose.

This is also very correct. Color correction, blending, blurring, abstract images, etc. help distort the background without ruining it and giving it a different feel in comparison to a copy-paste sort of deal.
This is solid advice and highly suggested.

This, I disagree with. While it's important to keep in mind to not overlay blue or red text against one another, vibrant colors bring out signatures sometimes. I like mixing browns & pinks seeing as the dull pink mixes well with it, but again, all personal preference.

Also, take note that overdoing brushes takes away from signatures. Oh, and you should find proper renders that don't have white marks left behind.
Counter deconstruction - GO!

Agreed. Sometimes, I like making bigger ones just to mess around. i'm just a noob here, and practice makes slightly better.

I wanted something there for the last one, but I just messed around on the other. Mistakes were made.

Yup. I think that the background and text are the hardest to create properly.

This. Green works with black or grey well.

Depends on the brush. The background is one thing, the foreground...... Well, it's just something I need to learn.

Thank all of you people here for responding.

Her name was ??Mystery??

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »
Another site thats helpful for tuts, and renders, is Stealthart.net, of which I'm a Administrator for, and the owner is a good irl friend of mine.
Thanks man.

I really don't know why you put up with me.

Her name was ??Mystery??

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 07:18:48 PM »
Aaaaaaaaand somehow all of my email adresses are already authorized. What.

Her name was ??Mystery??

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 07:18:48 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal