Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Intelligence/Wisdom/Idk?  (Read 3715 times)

Offline Boxman

Re: Intelligence/Wisdom/Idk?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 03:25:49 PM »
Well that's not exactly what I'm getting at, I believe it does change things, not drastically, but every single little insignificant thing in everyone's life, affects them somehow. IQ doesn't mean you're better than everyone else, and thinking so is counterproductive. Whilest I brag of my intelligence, I don't knock people down anymore for being "dumber" because like I said before, we all had different experiences, and they're going to know things I don't know, and vice versa. All we can do is help each other out and try to figure IT OUT TOGETHER. I dunno.

EVERYTHING changes things, even if it may be insignificant to you... Bragging about your intelligence is conceited behavior, and I am somewhat displeased that anyone would ever brag about it.. The entire idea is that every human is different, and we've all gone through different life experiences, no matter how pleasant or unpleasant as they may be. Intelligence isn't measured by some sort of test that gives you a rough idea of how well ones mind processes material. IQ Tests are nothing more than a false observation of ones intelligence, hence why IQ means nothing...

I'm just going to ignore the giant fucking quote train you all started///

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Boxman

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 03:27:45 PM »
Also, dick move here.. but..

funner
Funner = Not a word.

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
wat? u scared/????

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 03:27:45 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 03:30:47 PM »
Also, dick move here.. but..

funner
Funner = Not a word.

I know, I've been told this for years and purposely use it anyway. While I'm using ain't and other words, why bother.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 03:43:32 PM »
EVERYTHING changes things, even if it may be insignificant to you... Bragging about your intelligence is conceited behavior, and I am somewhat displeased that anyone would ever brag about it.. The entire idea is that every human is different, and we've all gone through different life experiences, no matter how pleasant or unpleasant as they may be. Intelligence isn't measured by some sort of test that gives you a rough idea of how well ones mind processes material. IQ Tests are nothing more than a false observation of ones intelligence, hence why IQ means nothing...

Well you can't really measure your intelligence any other way, but it's not like if you're really intelligent, you'll score below ninety or anything. And "retarded" people, literally, won't score over 100.

The only problem is guessing. I don't believe anyone should ever guess on an IQ test, if you really don't know, put what you think might be the most likely correct answer, or don't answer. One girl got like 130 something and I called bullshit and she said she guessed on like at least 10 questions. So I agree it isn't FOOLPROOF yet, but until they can find a way to do so.. You can tell by talking to someone how generally intelligent they are, but I suppose it really DOESN'T matter, but that's just an opinion on it, not fact, given millions of others beg to differ. Then again facts and opinions never cease people from believing what they want to believe.

Idunno. This is less about IQ tests and more about how your intelligence accumulates to higher than average levels, and all that neat stuff.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 04:34:40 PM »

Well you can't really measure your intelligence any other way, but it's not like if you're really intelligent, you'll score below ninety or anything. And "retarded" people, literally, won't score over 100.

The only problem is guessing. I don't believe anyone should ever guess on an IQ test, if you really don't know, put what you think might be the most likely correct answer, or don't answer. One girl got like 130 something and I called bullshit and she said she guessed on like at least 10 questions. So I agree it isn't FOOLPROOF yet, but until they can find a way to do so.. You can tell by talking to someone how generally intelligent they are, but I suppose it really DOESN'T matter, but that's just an opinion on it, not fact, given millions of others beg to differ. Then again facts and opinions never cease people from believing what they want to believe.

Idunno. This is less about IQ tests and more about how your intelligence accumulates to higher than average levels, and all that neat stuff.
It gives you a rough idea but it's not an accurate observation, I suppose. In terms of the facts and opinions statement, Ignorance is bliss...

I mean, in reality? You have have the spelling of a 5 year old and be considered a genius, or even be illiterate... You can have a vast vocabulary and be considered mentally retarded... It's just, illogical to assume that by the way someone speaks, you can judge their intelligence. I, personally, don't see any form of intelligence in myself. In fact, I believe I'm well below average in terms of intelligence... but the IQ test, friends, family, girlfriend, and acquaintances beg to differ...

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline Pillz

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 11:36:00 PM »

It gives you a rough idea but it's not an accurate observation, I suppose. In terms of the facts and opinions statement, Ignorance is bliss...

I mean, in reality? You have have the spelling of a 5 year old and be considered a genius, or even be illiterate... You can have a vast vocabulary and be considered mentally retarded... It's just, illogical to assume that by the way someone speaks, you can judge their intelligence. I, personally, don't see any form of intelligence in myself. In fact, I believe I'm well below average in terms of intelligence... but the IQ test, friends, family, girlfriend, and acquaintances beg to differ...

I dunno, I always thought you could kind of tell, not how they talk, or anything, but their words, responses, the way they handle things, etc, all that shit. Though I don't really think down on people like that anymore, because like I was saying, sometimes people just don't know things, and just because they do things wrong or think differently, doesn't mean their stupid. Though people everyday call other people stupid for single mistakes, especially on the road, my dad does it all the time. I fuck up too, and have done my fair share of dumb illogical shit, it happens. So I get what you're saying, just I think I'll still believe there are smarter and dumber people, overall, but I can tolerate them and I don't think downly on them for it, it's not their fault, and you can still work with, talk to and all that with them. So why does it matter~ I guess. I dunno

Offline Boxman

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 01:15:09 AM »
I dunno, I always thought you could kind of tell, not how they talk, or anything, but their words, responses, the way they handle things, etc, all that shit. Though I don't really think down on people like that anymore, because like I was saying, sometimes people just don't know things, and just because they do things wrong or think differently, doesn't mean their stupid. Though people everyday call other people stupid for single mistakes, especially on the road, my dad does it all the time. I fuck up too, and have done my fair share of dumb illogical shit, it happens. So I get what you're saying, just I think I'll still believe there are smarter and dumber people, overall, but I can tolerate them and I don't think downly on them for it, it's not their fault, and you can still work with, talk to and all that with them. So why does it matter~ I guess. I dunno

By no means should what is said be a type of judgement of ones intelligence. As I've probably said before, I do get these 'bursts' of what seems to be a logical side of me. It's a habit of mine while I'm upset, disturbed, or annoyed at something. Irrational decisions are what makes humanity. We are far from perfect, and mistakes are perfectly normal. I've got absolutely no common sense, and anyone in my family will tell you that I couldn't find a fucking horse in a 15x10 barn, because I can't comprehend where in which I should be looking. My analytical skills surpass my comprehension skills, which is somewhat counterintuitive. It's disappointing to know that. I think that intelligence is by far the most difficult thing to determine accurately for humans. Intelligence isn't just how well you receive information, but how well you can also use that information to make changes to a problem to correctly analyze it, much like basic algebra/mathematics...

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline Holy

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 06:03:30 PM »
Intelligence isn't just how well you receive information, but how well you can also use that information to make changes to a problem to correctly analyze it, much like basic algebra/mathematics...

Somewhat wrong. That is problem solving, not intelligence. Intelligence, using your example, is simply having the knowledge of the skill 'problem solving.' Mathematics is problem solving with memorization. The only intelligence you gain from math is learning how to solve the problem, not actually preforming the act of problem solving.

A common misconception is that intelligence = smart. That is not the case. Intelligence is the opposite of ignorance. Since ignorance is having incorrect or no knowledge of a given subject, intelligence is simply having legitimate knowledge of that given subject.

Example: A retarded person counting change perfectly every time.
Analysis: The retard shows intelligence that it knows how to count change (knowledge of how to count change.) The act of counting the change itself is a skill committed to memory. Being able to repeat the skill of counting change does not make the retard more intelligent.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 06:03:30 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Finniespin: More of a Patrick Hernandez guy - Born to be Alive
    June 16, 2024, 09:14:27 AM
  • Sly: Aaron Hernandez was a legend of a man
    June 14, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
  • Finniespin: how? what?
    June 01, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Lost my discord rip
    May 30, 2024, 12:14:57 AM
  • Finniespin: yoooooooo!
    April 03, 2024, 05:32:48 PM
  • Coreybush11: bump
    April 01, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
  • Finniespin: wut
    March 28, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal