Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gmod help please!  (Read 2612 times)

Offline termantor200

Gmod help please!
« on: February 13, 2011, 12:09:55 AM »
apparently recently on our DarkRP server ive been crashing recently, im not 2 sure if there is a way to reduce this from happening or its because of people just doing things that normally crashes people. would appreciate any help cause its quite annoying to buy a shipment then crash u_u :P

Offline Wholegrain

Re: Gmod help please!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:57:50 AM »
I know their is a way to get crash logger for your game ( Think it is built in) where you can get the dump from the crash and help specify what the cause is

ill post more tommorow when im not so tired

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:57:50 AM »

Offline Scotty

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 06:00:58 AM »
spam alert:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ( buttfuck.gif)
keep it kool, keep it simple, and keep it on the down low.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:14:36 AM »
Map makes you crash, there's something that is looping itself over and over, spamming your RAM full, and when it's full it crashes.

We just need other map or so

B.E.R.S.~4:20

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 03:42:57 PM »
Hmm. TTT has been crashing random people lately. [Buffer Overflow in net message]
Is that the error you are getting?

Offline termantor200

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »
no it mainly happens on the DarkRP for me, but i will just be playing and then all of a sudden

"game crashes and says hl2 has stopped working properly  trollface "

love garry's mod

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 03:52:57 PM »
Hmm. TTT has been crashing random people lately. [Buffer Overflow in net message]
Is that the error you are getting?
No, its a RAM Error, meaning that something what looped and filled all your RAM space in. Letting gmod crash.

Buffer Overflow in netmessage is some bit compared to a time-out of a connection.

Offline Scotty

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 05:37:52 PM »
OMFG i knpw that error that error has caused me sooo much fucking pain lol i dont believe their is a way to fix but i just kinda ignore it and eventually it stops doing it idk y it does it but it is really really annoying

i thought it might just be the fact i dont have hl2

B.E.R.S.~4:20

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 06:31:08 PM »
I dont think HL2 would crash it. not having HL2 would only make errors and missing textures.

Offline termantor200

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 07:04:12 PM »
well i have all half life's so no way that is the problem

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 07:06:26 PM »
You know what is shitier? Gmod crashing everytime you've downloaded 240 files, then you have to go over again....

Offline Scotty

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 07:38:22 PM »
OMG that is the worst error u can get especially when it takes an hour to download the files :P
and well hl2 seems to always affect me and that stupid bullshit gmod, its just really annoying but idk

okay lets get back to his problem instead of bringing up other problems, if uve got a problem create ur own dam thread lol :D

Offline Polygraph

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 02:31:31 AM »
OMG that is the worst error u can get especially when it takes an hour to download the files :P
and well hl2 seems to always affect me and that stupid bullshit gmod, its just really annoying but idk

okay lets get back to his problem instead of bringing up other problems, if uve got a problem create ur own dam thread lol :D

This problem is the reason I'm not on the RP server right now.
The loading bar would have one little marker left, then the blue loading circle would appear next to my cursor and I'd crash.
BLUE CIRCLE OF DEATH.

Offline termantor200

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 09:59:30 PM »
xD so im pretty sure this is more help for everyone now, well if no one has a real idea how to fix this or atleast make it occur less, this is starting to look more venting/ comparing problems :P

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 09:59:30 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal