Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Having a CS:S jailbreak server instead of a Gmod one  (Read 8381 times)

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

Re: Having a CS:S jailbreak server instead of a Gmod one
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »
I'm fine with it being on a counter-strike game but I would wait until CS:GO comes out personally.

This, being one of the few (or many) communities to have a custom gamemode up when its released so soon will be a huge advantage compared to starting a (failed) server on cs:s or an average one on gmod.

My thoughts exactly.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »
I'm fine with it being on a counter-strike game but I would wait until CS:GO comes out personally.

This, being one of the few (or many) communities to have a custom gamemode up when its released so soon will be a huge advantage compared to starting a (failed) server on cs:s or an average one on gmod.

My thoughts exactly.

Jailbreak probably won't be updated for CS-GO or even compatible for that matter

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 08:57:28 PM »
Unless you want to have two jailbreak servers... Not gonna happen.  The jailbreak server is a gmod server because we have a gmod server.

We would have to find a new gamemode for the gmod server and put up a cs:s jailbreak server.  Last time we tried a cs:s jailbreak it failed.

Also there's less competition on gmod.

EDIT: Also, what makes it more entertaining?

Two jailbreaks what!?!?! We have a Gmod server for jailbreak not jailbreak for a gmod server we could easily stop paying for it and run it off the box and CS:S's gunplay is much better than gmod's in my opinion

... we have a gmod server for jailbreak, not jailbreak for a gmod server? Do you understand how English works or did I miss something?

We buy gmod servers separate because of the risk of DDOS, and 10$ is a great price. While running it on our server box would be free it'd be pointless, nobody would play it and then it would get switched to something else. It's better to stick to what the community already knows than expect to everyone start playing CSS again just to help out; and people would probably prefer Gmods customization over CSS's "gunplay".

Yeah it should probably stick to gmod, since that's what we're more familiar with, as well as less competition, amazing server box price, and it can be populated better. Also i'm pretty sure gunplay in CSS and gmod are the same, right?

We aren't really anymore familiar with Gmod just that more people in CG actually play it as opposed to CS:S

Exactly... so we're more familiar with it.. probably 70%+ of CG plays Gmod regularly. It's all we really have to play right now with the serverbox down..
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 09:06:42 PM »
Unless you want to have two jailbreak servers... Not gonna happen.  The jailbreak server is a gmod server because we have a gmod server.

We would have to find a new gamemode for the gmod server and put up a cs:s jailbreak server.  Last time we tried a cs:s jailbreak it failed.

Two jailbreaks what!?!?! We have a Gmod server for jailbreak not jailbreak for a gmod server we could easily stop paying for it and run it off the box and CS:S's gunplay is much better than gmod's in my opinion

... we have a gmod server for jailbreak, not jailbreak for a gmod server? Do you understand how English works or did I miss something?

We buy gmod servers separate because of the risk of DDOS, and 10$ is a great price. While running it on our server box would be free it'd be pointless, nobody would play it and then it would get switched to something else. It's better to stick to what the community already knows than expect to everyone start playing CSS again just to help out; and people would probably prefer Gmods customization over CSS's "gunplay".

Yeah it should probably stick to gmod, since that's what we're more familiar with, as well as less competition, amazing server box price, and it can be populated better. Also i'm pretty sure gunplay in CSS and gmod are the same, right?

We aren't really anymore familiar with Gmod just that more people in CG actually play it as opposed to CS:S

Exactly... so we're more familiar with it.. probably 70%+ of CG plays Gmod regularly. It's all we really have to play right now with the serverbox down..
Sir you just derped all over your self like massively. Reread everything and say sorry for your apparent fail.

Dear lord.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 09:15:13 PM »

Sir you just derped all over your self like massively. Reread everything and say sorry for your apparent fail.

Dear lord.

not sure about the english part but he was right about ddos and the base of our players XD

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »

This is the strongest reason, in my opinion. Have you seen how many Jailbreak servers there are on CS:S? Now go back and look at the amount on GMod. If we put up Jailbreak on CS:S, there'd be a ton of competing servers/communities, and we'd fail to get off the ground like the first time we tried. On the other hand, starting up in GMod, we have significantly less competition for jailbreak players seeking a server in gmod.

Personally, I know nil about setting up CS:S gamemodes. I have no clue how they work, or even what language they're in. GMod gamemodes are in lua, where there are vast amount of resources available to learn lua, the hooks for gmod, how to make a GM, etc. Plugins are also widely available, and overall developing for GMod is a hell of a lot easier than CS:S. Lua in GMod is very documented.

So yes, I'd say that we /are/ more familiar with GMod, and even then users who aren't can more easily learn.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:24:52 PM by Whitellama »

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »

Dear lord.

not sure about the english part but he was right about ddos and the base of our players XD

Well I already know about why we dont run gmod servers off the box so ya......

and the player base is going to have to play on a separate server either way so what does it matter which game they start up in their steam library?

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 10:24:40 PM »
The reason we don't run a CSS server, be it Jailbreak or otherwise, is due to the community of CSS. It's been out for a very long time, and is not very appealing to new players like COD is. As a result there's nobody 'new' to the game, so there's nobody looking for new servers (usually). I hate saying it but, CSS is fairly underground now. The community is static, and isn't going to change until CS:GO. Therefor, putting a CSS server up right now is a no-go.

Also, we've tried Jailbreak, and it went well, because it had a lot of initial support from the community. However after a couple weeks the community's support died out and so did the server. The issue is the community. Gmod has many new members, and it's focused around game-modes rather than pub's and communities. Which works well for starting up new servers.

Good news is, whenever I actually have time (sometime soon, 2 maybe 3 weeks) i'll start preparing for CS:GO, so we can actually grab this community as soon as possible.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 12:10:17 PM »

Dear lord.

Yeah I reread his posts several times before I posted but maybe you understand something I couldn't; but maybe I did derp over myself, but where did you mean? lol
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 12:10:17 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal