Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Existence of God/Gods  (Read 9598 times)

Offline Boxman

Re: The Existence of God/Gods
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
It's not the fact that a God isn't proven, it's the fact that the theory of any God has been disproven.
In fact, MOST Gods were created to explain things people normally couldn't explain..Like Zeus and his thunderbolts for example.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Fullmetal Megadave

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2011, 08:17:08 PM »
Im agnostic, thats the way the internet should be. just dont bother with religion, cause not everybodys gonna agree on one thing

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2011, 08:17:08 PM »

Offline crypto

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2011, 03:20:56 AM »
I have to agree that there is some level of ignorance to arguing about religion. Especially when you're being that hostile, crypto. I mean I agree with most of what you say, but when you call someone stupid, they stop listening to you, rendering the argument useless, and a waste of time. This doesn't mean you shouldn't try, but all it does is start conflict and flaming. Any argument on religion that doesn't involve flaming, usually just ends when someone gets bored. I'm sure that a majority of the time, nobody's opinion changes, online their disposition towards the other debater.
Sure. I usually argue for the sake of argument, not because I expect to convince anyone, though that would be a pleasant surprise. But it baffles me that people read this thread, ignore and completely fail to rebut the huge post I made in it, and then spew the exact same nonsense that I argued against in that post. I'm not going to say that I don't deserve to be criticized for hostility, but why do I get castigated when things like this—
All I know is that science will never prove that god does not exist because of the question "What if God made Science?"
—are let off the hook?

i am an atheist. however, i am extremely receptive to the possibility that we are all simulations on a massively powerful computer, and that what we might consider "gods" might simply be our programmers, who, to the uninformed and easily influenced ancient masses, might be seen as gods due to their abilities to warp and manipulate reality seemingly at will.
That is equivalent to believing in God.
no, because i don't actually believe this, i just think it's a very real possibility. and even if it is true, these programmers wouldn't be gods per say, but just different people with different motivations and mindsets, but still flawed.
I mean that believing in programmers is the same as believing in God in that there's no evidence for it.

Offline crypto

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2011, 03:24:20 AM »
And now a separate post for Dante because I don't want it to get lost in the chain of quotes.
SERIUSLY!
We need to ban religion topics because then the science types and aethiest get on and start yelling. THERE IS NO PROOF OF GOD THERE FOR HE DOES NOT EXSIST! While The religious people are saying. But what if he just wants you to think that way?
FOR Heavens/Hells/Gods/Aethiesm/Sciences..... FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY STOP BRINGING RELIGION UP!!!!
Religion + Science = WAR.
What the absolute fuck are you doing in this thread? Why don't you tell everyone to stop bringing up stem cell research, or global warming, or terrorism, or poverty, or genocide, because debates about those topics only cause "WAR"? Once again, nobody is forcing you to read this thread. You have every right to stay out of it. So why the fuck do you come into the thread, ignore everything posted in it, and repeatedly make posts bitching at us to stop using our brains while you let your own brain fester in a heap of your own shit?

Offline Mudkipz

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2011, 09:00:06 AM »
Me being an atheist, the uh-dur answer is of course I don't BELIEVE in god/s. As for if there really is one, that cannot be determined at the moment, your argue here is pointless seeing as there is no evidence to go either way. First off, Christianity is based on a book that could have been written just like any other book, except this one flourished into a Religion. Buddhism was made by a guy that could have been high on some Indian weed... and Islam, I have no idea really.... But don't think I've decided my vote just yet because Atheists have no proof that there is/isn't a god, not a single lick of it. So as I conclude this explanation of why I think both sides of this argument are arrogant not to realize that neither of them have proof to make their religion the "absolute" one, I ask you, Do you want to waste your time in something that could be real or fake? An entire life spent unknowing and not capable of learning, is worth nothing compared to a life of knowing and learning. As for me I call myself an "Atheist", but I could care less in folk tales
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:05:02 AM by Oceanus »

So I heard you like Mudkipz...

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2011, 10:59:19 AM »
Does it matter to be wrong in the end? It's whateer makes you happy. Believe? Cool. Don't? Cool too.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2011, 11:06:50 AM »
Depends...In the Christian/Catholic bible, I'm pretty sure that you'd be placed in purgatory if you were atheist or whatever...Considering that their God is supposed to be forgiving and in the end sends people to be tortured in Hell, I don't think it's true. I've seen MANY flaws with the concept of the Christian/Catholic [All the same] God...

So, I think if there was a deity/god/whatever, It wouldn't be under the Christian/Catholic definition of God. Personally, until I see some evidence that there IS a God, I truly won't change my mind on my religion. In fact, there will never be evidence of God...SO I can proudly say that I'm going to stay an atheist unless my partner wants me to change my religion for them, which any half-decent being would do if you loved them.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:08:27 AM by Code »

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
wat? u scared/????

Offline Pillz

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2011, 12:53:04 PM »
Cmon guys, letz not argue on the forums bout religun. We mite start wars.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2011, 12:54:25 PM »
The war has been started smug

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2011, 12:54:25 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal