Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ADMIN APPS BEING APPROVED  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Wholegrain

ADMIN APPS BEING APPROVED
« on: August 03, 2010, 06:11:30 AM »
i replied to all admin apps
the majority should be denied or approved within 72 hours
in doing so with more admins we will be stricter with admin abuse accusations (those that are proved) and incompetence and unprofessional behavior WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
due to the influx of admins we add a few extra and generally a few fuck up and get removed within a 2 week period of getting added to admin
rest assure i am going to keep close tabs on all admins and i still have to write up an official procedure/rule/conduct handbook for admins to read

some basics are
*wait till the end of the round before punishing for rdm (check the logs in game after round)
   - i will increase prep time to 40 seconds from 30 to make checking logs easier for admins
*be professional and nice to others you represent cg and we try to pride ourselves in admin fairness, the players themselves are the customers of the server (think of it as a business) and you are simply the sales representatives helping them out (same with me made a server for the ppl not for myself or for admins)
(doesnt mean admins are less than players but unless we can get a server full of nothing but admins then i hope you get what i mean)
*1st account of rdm slay  unless it is mass rdm and intentional (accidental is up to the admin if they apologize before the punishment or a warning of a punishment i would say let them go if it is there first and only offense they have had)
*Regulars keep the server alive im not saying they are vips but im saying you shouldnt perma ban someone who has been a regular for a long time unless they are really fucking up hard)
* we are watching you, you may be the only admin on the server but we have others watching you recording you if you abuse, undercover accounts (worst way to get caught btw), and logs
*When you ban/kick ALWAYS GIVE A REASON (if you are a new admin just use the menu)
*Remind people to register on their forums and provide a link in chat (conjointgaming.com)
*When typing commands in console if it is a ban or kick try to use steam ids (type status in console) for slay mute and others type out as much of the name of the person as possible (be sure nobody else has that name on the server it will slay/mute all those and they will rage) try to use the menu for this though (for non ban/kick)
*explain to the person that you are giving them a punishment and give your evidence and be clear on your intent
*If the mass majority of the players think you have made a wrong decision you may want to double check your work swallowing your pride and admitting a mistake will get you promoted faster (its professional behavior)
 - excludes obvious trolls they dont get an opinion on the server
* WE DONT TAKE LIGHTLY TO PPL THREATENING TO HACK THE SERVER this is an automatic perma ban and after wards immediatly pm me or hit me up on steam about it including an id/name or ip or a steam page
*If they arent breaking the rules (being an asshole is against the rules but to a degree that applies to trolls not someone that is going on a rage for a minute or just mad) then you dont have the right to punish them if you dislike them
* BE NICE it gets you places trust me i hear alot about admins being asses and nice and it makes all the difference
* DONT IGNORE PLAYERS THAT ARE ASKING FOR AN ADMIN BECAUSE THEY GOT RDMED YOU ARE AN ADMIN DO SOMETHING, lazy admins i will take disciplinary actions or just revoke admin all together because you arent doing anything but when you get rdmed
* Be active on the forums and the server
* Work with other admins add them to your friends check their work and let them check yours they are your resources so use them, put your heads together
* Racial slurs arent tolerated, warn first
* If someone is criticizing you as admin nicely or not to the point he is trolling it is THEIR RIGHT as a player to criticize your work, you dont have to listen but you cant kick them for simply criticizing (if they start trolling then thats a different story)
* WE are looking for full time dedicated admins not part time that go play on other servers and barely put in enough time in the server
basic requirement is 15 hours/2 weeks but we look for around 30+

Keep these simple rules of thumb in mind and you should be good on the server
, cg administration

also i made this board viewable to admin/non admins the other board is viewable only to admins (admin office)

this thread applies to ttt server only
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:00:44 AM by WholeGrain »

Offline Wholegrain

Re: ADMIN APPS BEING APPROVED
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 06:20:04 PM »
i just still love this
once again important threads go un replied but the spam threads are 10 posts a day
tisk tisk tisk this deeply sadens me
if anything im going to make it mandatory for admins to read at some point cause this is just retarded to a degree

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 06:20:04 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 06:31:37 PM »
this is first i saw of it =P  thank god finally getting some ground rules

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 06:45:29 PM »
yea i mean ill admit fault that i should have started doing this ALOT sooner so that is on me but yea hopefully we should get most of the rules set up but this is just the basics

Offline Brian

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 09:35:23 PM »
I didn't see much to say there. :P I saw the topic: I try not to do much administration if I'm in a bad mood (I'll warn more then normal, in case of an overreact), but in general, I think I fall inside those limits.

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 01:01:23 PM »
Is there some kind of a time-"ban" chart that tells you how many minutes to ban someone if he/she does something specifically?
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 02:30:39 PM »
that is too situationally based with many factors
in order to get something reliable you are looking at 30+ scenarios
rdm first account -
how many rdm -
was he detective/tra/inn -
did he leave immediately after -
was he being an asshole or breaking other rules -
was it an accident and did he apologize -
was it with a trap or with a weapon -
etc..................

if anything if they rdmed a person and its their first offense
just warn and slay
if it continues to happen multiple times
5 - 60 min ban
or 1 day ban
week ban
perma ban
super extreme perma ban
we come to your house and kick you in the nuts/taco ban
we kill your cat ban
etc....

Offline billynoggs cade master

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 10:49:39 PM »
wowo good thing i got my admin experience from the cock lounge where the only rule is there is no rules and admin abuse was never heard of there.and undercover accounts huh? wow u guys are cracken down but just to be reassured i dont abuse and i will never abuse and when people are being dicks or whatever i wont ban u on the spot i believe in giving people second chances even if u are a 10 year old little brat. ive seen our admins perm ban for the words "fuck you" being exchanged and thats not right. and dont ask me who it was that did the perm ban i dont remeber who it was. anyways... bring it on undercover guys. or should i say SPECTATOR GADGET?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 10:49:39 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal