Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [ZPS] Smiley  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Smiley

[ZPS] Smiley
« on: November 29, 2013, 08:59:53 PM »
In game name:  (=CG=) Smiley

Were you recommended by an admin? If so state the name: (=CG=) Pillz

What country are you from (and time zone): U.S.A Texas (Central day time)

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060109773/

Steam ID:  STEAM_0:1:49922022

Do you have past admin experience: Yes

What makes you want to apply for an admin: Server needs some more admins to take care of it and to get it populated.

Do you use a Microphone: No

Please list at least 3 CG rules in your own words and why they're important to CG: No hacking, this will not be fair for others that you have something like upgrades that makes you better at the game and this should be a perm ban.  No ghosting, this will not be fair for other players that are trying to live to win the game. Respect everyone and admins, if you don't respect other or the admin they may not like it and you should not be an asshole to others when they are trying to have fun.

Additional Notes: My goal is to really get the server populated!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:27:58 PM by Guztav. »

Offline Guztav.

Re: Smileys Application
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 09:05:05 PM »
You joined like two days ago, not many people know you, and you don't meet the requirements to apply. Did you ask permission before making this? If Pillz gave you permission you have my +1.

EDIT:
+1
I guess ZPS really needs all the help in the world, so go for it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:19:07 PM by Guztav. »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 09:05:05 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 09:08:01 PM »
Even if Pillz gave permission, its not fair to just push somebody through because A) not active on the forums and less then 20 posts and B) we don't just hand out admin to friends of CLs/HA/whatever. Its up to the people if your allowed to become admin, not just for a CL/HA to disregard certain rules and make somebody admin just cause.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline DBag

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 09:09:59 PM »
The fact that you don't meet the requirements I have to give a 0. I would suggest getting more acquainted with the community before applying. Sorry bud but I like sticking to the rules on these things.
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Pillz

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 09:13:26 PM »
Yeah, he's been playing on the server nonstop since he first joined, he already has more hours on the ZPS server in the past week than anyone else.

I need the help and Smiley's been awesome so far, just want to do things officially. I'm sure he'll continue to post around on the forums.

Even if Pillz gave permission, its not fair to just push somebody through because A) not active on the forums and less then 20 posts and B) we don't just hand out admin to friends of CLs/HA/whatever. Its up to the people if your allowed to become admin, not just for a CL/HA to disregard certain rules and make somebody admin just cause.

Incorrect.

NOTE: Head Admins have the right to adjust the requirements for their specific servers.  This includes adding to, or removing requirements.  Please check with the Head Admin of the server you wish to apply for BEFORE you apply, to ensure you meet all requirements.

Who does him having admin effect in CG? Me and the ZPS admins. Therefore it is the ZPS HA's decision as to whether or not he can become admin, and it always has been. If there are no admins playing anymore and the server needs help, rules can be bent. I had admins who used to play ZPS a LOT but weren't active on the forums, and while I could of pushed for them to just post; why force people to post when they don't want to, as long as they keep the server orderly and populated, they're doing their job as admin and I'm happy. Posting can come later, as it did for me when I first joined SKG as an admin. Like I said when listing my ideal changes to the admin ranks, the 20 post count should be OPTIONAL and something trials work on after they become admin, and we can require forum activity and community involvement for later ranks like regular and veteran.

It should be up to the community if someone gets CL, GM, GA, VA or CO but Trial/regular admins are for a single server and it should be up to the admins on that server if they're capable of admin. Anyone with actual insight on the applicants history or skill can also post, but even if he had 20 posts; the people who haven't played with him won't have a valid opinion other than "he seems cool from his posts" which isn't much help at all.

Minimum post requirement for admins is 20 posts, and he's at 10. Nothing will come from waiting another day or two so he can reach 20 posts, he'll still be a stranger to the community at first but that's how new people work. We'll get to know him in time, but I need admins now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:21:48 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 09:18:03 PM »
So admin just cause Pillz? Even you said quite a few times that we should raise the post count up to 50.

Either make the rule stick or don't dude. Its simple enough to get rid of the post count rule then.

3 Days isn't log

Offline DBag

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 09:22:23 PM »
Well advice to smiley be active bud. I am still going to keep my decision at 0 nothing against you pillz but I don't know him so I can't make an informed decision, neutral is where I will stand
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 09:24:46 PM »
What server is he even applying to? If its ZPS then I'll defalt to you Pillz, but TTT/Hidden/maybe ZM its a solid 0 from me.

And need I remind you of a certain CashPrizes app? Go ahead and read that, I'll wait.

Edit: So now it says ZPS. I'm fine with that then Pillz, but still brings up a question about the validity of the post count rule and still read the CashPrizes example.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:32:02 PM by Old Crow »

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 09:32:47 PM »
Well advice to smiley be active bud. I am still going to keep my decision at 0 nothing against you pillz but I don't know him so I can't make an informed decision, neutral is where I will stand

Which is why I use to say only ZPS admins should comment on ZPS apps, and TTT admins on TTT apps, and so forth. We tried to do things like that originally but things slowly got out of hand and everyone became accustomed to throwing their +1 on any and all apps regardless if they had anything to input or not, so I guess we gave up on that.

What server is he even applying to? If its ZPS then I'll defalt to you Pillz, but TTT/Hidden/maybe ZM its a solid 0 from me.

And need I remind you of a certain CashPrizes app? Go ahead and read that, I'll wait.

Yep, ZPS.

No you don't I was going to bring him up already but decided against it; but Cash had 20 posts before he applied and eventually got to 600+ posts before we found out he was a twat and banned him, so what's the point your making? That even if people get their 20 posts and become affiliated with the community that they can still be bad in the long run? He still helped as an admin and got Hidden on it's feet, so even if Smiley turns evil one day and takes over the world I'll be happy as long as ZPS get's back on it's feet.

Offline HerpDerpMike

Re: [ZPS] Smiley
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 09:33:52 PM »
Being active doesn't make him automatically able to apply for admin, he needs to prove that he is able to get admin.

Sorry, forgot to state my opinion.

I feel that you would be a help, however, you literally just joined. Even your intro thread is still active. I suggest you wait awhile, if the server needs a hand you apply again later on when you show that you're "loyal" to CG.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:37:47 PM by HerpDerpMike »

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 09:38:37 PM »
Being active doesn't make him automatically able to apply for admin, he needs to prove that he is able to get admin.

He'll be able to get admin as soon as I give it to him? Don't you think I wouldn't of told him to apply if I didn't think he was able to be an admin in the first place? That's why it's always baffled me that people are so finnicky about who should be admin when they don't know them, in the end the Head Admin should know the player, and know if their server needs that players help, and if they don't; they will deny the app. The only reason the apps are public on the forums are originally so other admins that know the player can offer insight, like if they have bans on record or that they act one way when the HA is on and another way when they're off, etc. That's the majority of a HA's job is finding reliable people to be admin, and making sure they don't slack off or break the rules.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 09:39:58 PM »
Pillz, you literally just met him, give him some time to prove himself instead of just handing out the rank because hes active and "helpful".

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 09:43:04 PM »
How about you take all your concerns and message Pillz instead of posting it all here. Let's just keep this thread nice and calm and give our +1's/+0's+/-1s

Offline crovv

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 09:47:53 PM »
-snip-

Basically what Pillz said. I was just about to reply saying that if Pillz thinks he's going to be ready to admin when this app gets approved, I don't see why people are making such a big deal about it. Pillz is the HA of ZPS, it's his job to find admins for his server and make sure they stay in check.

This is what the Trial rank is for. If he breaks the rules, is reported, etc. as a Trial, he'll lose his admin eventually and then we won't have a problem.

The only thing I don't understand about this app is the time span. How long has he been on the server? Has he been playing since he joined the forums or for a week or two before? If he's only been playing for a week, I'd be careful about giving him admin. If it's been two, three weeks, a month, etc., then Trial would work better for him.

For now, I say 0 - I don't want to say +1 until I know how long he's been there, but if Pillz is making the call for his server and truly believes it, +1.

Offline Old Crow

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal