Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Should the government?  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Priest

Re: Should the government?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 05:30:03 AM »
Ruining your life should be a decision if you see fit. I don't agree, I just dislike boundaries.

I believe there is no true correct way to life. Just as long as we can do whatever we feel necessary.

Hedonism. How delightful.

Offline crypto

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 09:21:44 PM »
Ruining your life should be a decision if you see fit. I don't agree, I just dislike boundaries.
I was asking about ruining other people's lives, not about ruining your own. Drugs and prostitution ruin a number of people's lives against their will.

I believe there is no true correct way to life. Just as long as we can do whatever we feel necessary.
So I can get in a monster truck and start running over old people in a nursing home parking lot. Awesome. I've always wanted to do that. I mean, it's my choice, right? The government has no right to draw boundaries for me.

Quote from: Priest
Hedonism.
Idiocy, more broadly.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 09:21:44 PM »

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 09:41:27 PM »
i am going to disregard all evidence and opinions and not read anything in this thread and just blantanly state

LEGALIZE DA WEED ALREADY GOD FUCKING DAMNIT I DONT LIKE SKETCHING WITH MY BLUNTS I WANNA SMOKE IN PEACE WITH OUT WORRYIN BOUT DA POLICE

legit!

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 10:23:07 PM »
I was asking about ruining other people's lives, not about ruining your own. Drugs and prostitution ruin a number of people's lives against their will.

So I can get in a monster truck and start running over old people in a nursing home parking lot. Awesome. I've always wanted to do that. I mean, it's my choice, right? The government has no right to draw boundaries for me.

Hedonism.
Idiocy, more broadly.

Prostitution should be legalized, and in fact, in some sections of Nevada, it is. If prostitution was legalized nationally, it would have to be subject to taxation, screenings, running tests, yadda yadda yadda, just like it is now in Nevada. As for drugs, I believe Marijuana should be legalized, but only utilized on private property, or public property licensed for that products consumption, like alcohol. You shouldn't be allowed to operate a vehicle or machinery while high either, because it DOES lower your reaction time, which, in a car, can be a dangerous situation. As for other narcotics, I believe they should be done within the confines of your home if you see fit, but you cannot have anyone under 21 living there, or on your property at that time.

Offline Travis

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 11:26:01 PM »

Hedonism.
Idiocy, more broadly.
If you read my more previous post I said things like stealing and murdering should still be prohibited.
Boobs.

Offline crypto

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 03:37:49 AM »
If you read either of my previous posts you would see that I was referring to the accidental injuries (physical or mental) and deaths inflicted by intoxicated individuals on friends, bystanders, etc. Feel free to actually address my point any time you'd like.

Your opposition to murder and theft demonstrates that you do have a rough idea of how life should be lived; you simply seek to maximize the freedom of morons to live their lives in whatever moronic fashion appeals to them. You seem to be a bit of a nihilist, which makes it interesting to me that you treat certain controversial actions (e.g., murder, theft) as vile enough to be illegal while still maintaining that the state should have no influence over whether or not we pursue other controversial actions (essentially: wasting your life on stoning, drinking, jerking off, whatever, or throwing away the world itself by polluting, hunting, and so on). You must have an awfully jumbled set of values if you think that the universe is meaningless, and therefore take on a relativist philosophy promoting libertarianism, but also that human life and freedom are sacred (and so the universe is not meaningless), and therefore recognize that those values must be protected. Either your set of values is internally inconsistent or you don't want to admit that you do believe in right and wrong, as that would render your disinterest in disclosing right and wrong lazy and hypocritical.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 02:28:19 PM »
If you read either of my previous posts you would see that I was referring to the accidental injuries (physical or mental) and deaths inflicted by intoxicated individuals on friends, bystanders, etc. Feel free to actually address my point any time you'd like.

Your opposition to murder and theft demonstrates that you do have a rough idea of how life should be lived; you simply seek to maximize the freedom of morons to live their lives in whatever moronic fashion appeals to them. You seem to be a bit of a nihilist, which makes it interesting to me that you treat certain controversial actions (e.g., murder, theft) as vile enough to be illegal while still maintaining that the state should have no influence over whether or not we pursue other controversial actions (essentially: wasting your life on stoning, drinking, jerking off, whatever, or throwing away the world itself by polluting, hunting, and so on). You must have an awfully jumbled set of values if you think that the universe is meaningless, and therefore take on a relativist philosophy promoting libertarianism, but also that human life and freedom are sacred (and so the universe is not meaningless), and therefore recognize that those values must be protected. Either your set of values is internally inconsistent or you don't want to admit that you do believe in right and wrong, as that would render your disinterest in disclosing right and wrong lazy and hypocritical.

You're starting to sound a little arrogant, Crypto. <.<

So are you saying people who do drugs are morons? Lot's of people can keep their lives together and smoke pot, among other things. Drugs like Heroine and Cocaine though, that needs to be like, destroyed. My friend started doing meth and he got kicked out of his house, and dropped out of college. Hmm.

He just wants to legalize drugs and prostitution, two things that are already happening, regardless of it being legal or not. When alcohol is still legal, why the hell not?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline crypto

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 08:23:22 PM »
I think people who habitually do drugs more intense than (off the top of my head) tobacco and marijuana are morons. I would have to say I'm in favor of legalization of marijuana, though I'm kind of ambivalent about the debate. Prostitution, in principle, I don't have a problem with, but I'd want to do some research and consider it for a while before coming out with a strong stance on it. I do think that it promotes too much physical and psychological injury to legalize. The same goes for a lot of drugs.

At this point I'm attacking Prepubescent Girl's values more than his opinion on this particular set of issues. Speaking of morons, I do think that nihilism is, in practice, phenomenally stupid, and I also find his views very inconsistent.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:25:35 PM by crypto »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 08:23:22 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal