Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Console servers, worth it?  (Read 5978 times)

Offline Travis

Re: Console servers, worth it?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »
I actually like the idea of console servers though. When I go on games like BioShock 2 on consoles I can't ever find people. If it showed servers and how many people were on each it would be easier. That being said I feel like playing BS 2 now.
Boobs.

G-man

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 06:02:49 AM »
it sounds kind of like a bad idea who knows with dedicated servers going up for consoles i bet prices will be cheaper for them meaning people will leave the pc and go play consoles so it's not good for the pc  jawdrop

I don't get it. Why would someone stop playing the PC because their console now has what their PC has had for years.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 06:02:49 AM »

G-man

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 06:19:21 AM »
because there are more console gamers than pc gamers silly  ::)

That didn't answer my question  ???  I meant, why would PC gamers stop playing the PC just because the console gets servers. Your answer, did not answer, my question :D

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 09:10:35 AM »
LOL LOL LOL!!! PC Sales were more then all console sales combined last year my friend.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

G-man

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 09:15:47 AM »
LOL LOL LOL!!! PC Sales were more then all console sales combined last year my friend.

Citation Needed.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 09:17:35 AM »

Citation Needed.
It's not a lie i'm sure you could go ahead and just google it. I can't remember where I get all my info but it is indeed accurate. And the fact you question its authenticity boggles my mind.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »
Well most console "Gamers" are the annoying little kids and other dicks only like 30% are people who actualy want to play the game and have a good time.
Now there were more PCs sold then consoles there might be less gamers on the pc (MIGHT) but since many jobs and such need you to own a PC that makes people who have no interest in gaming what so ever but just want to get a good paycheck go and buy a pc and learn code.
Now back to the flame war: Gman pc and a console is not like the police and the firefighters for the simple reason that everything that can be done on a console CAN (not saying it is done) also be done on the pc, but a  lot of things that can be done on the PC cant be done on a console. If you are going to ask for examples i want you to show me to a mod or an indie game that was developed on a console. If you are going to say that the console is meant more for gaming rather then developing then tell me why cant you upgrade it? If my pc specs get too old i just upgrade once a few years pass they let out a new version of the xbox (im not saying they have made a lot of copies what i am saying is that game specs will be too high for the current one to work with), theres still more bad news to come development for older versions of a console (the PS 1 and soon 2) will almost completely stop. You will never have that problem with a PC.
Now i have made yet another wall of text but i just cant help it sorry and thanks for reading.
I need a new sig...

G-man

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 09:49:28 AM »
What the fuck? Stop using Google Translate.

None of that made sense.

I'm sorry, that was incredibly rude.  :-[

Yeah, I guess you're right symbolzzzz, but a flame war won't deter people from playing consoles. I was just saying, you can't compare them because they're two different things.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:54:46 AM by G-man »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 10:02:59 AM »
Just an FYI there are always more PC games then console games -_-

G-man

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 11:07:08 AM »

Doesn't mean it's better.

Offline Travis

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 12:35:47 PM »

Doesn't mean it's better.

If it's free it can be better than replaying the same console games/demos.
Boobs.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »
my pc values at over 2k.... its better.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal