Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shouldn't we just fire all these joke of a senators/reps in Congress  (Read 5201 times)

Offline Old Crow

Seriously, this is the biggest fucking joke of the world right now. This nation has completely ground to a halt in terms of progress on many fronts and for what? big fucking losers that take payouts from companies, and only do things that get them elected. This isn't representation, this is extremism.

I'm so sick of this bullshit. I truly, honestly think that its time to revolt and just blow up the system. Its clear its not working now, its clear that both Republicans and Democrats don't give two fucks about any of us, that they only care to fight for their idealism. I say lets get rid of all of them, ban both parties from office and just start anew, while changing a ton of rules as well.

What do you think fellows?
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Finniespin

Re: Shouldn't we just fire all these joke of a senators/reps in Congress
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 03:44:27 AM »
I just woke up and i've read reddit worldnews. And I see the US gov is shutting down.
Nothing on NL newspapers yet.

What happend?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 03:44:27 AM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 05:06:07 AM »
I've thought this the entire time. I'm a libertarian.

<3 Ron Paul

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 10:33:05 AM »

<3 Ron Paul

Even they have their issues. A Decentrelized government is quite ineffective (history 101: Articles of Confederation)

I would rather see a party that y'know, actually uses its brain. No party out there wants to do the right thing, they just want to do their things, regardless of if its right or not.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 11:30:59 AM »

<3 Ron Paul

Even they have their issues. A Decentrelized government is quite ineffective (history 101: Articles of Confederation)

I would rather see a party that y'know, actually uses its brain. No party out there wants to do the right thing, they just want to do their things, regardless of if its right or not.

The right thing is a matter of perspective.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 12:34:20 PM »
Guys. Didn't Obama do this before?
Guys. Dont leave me out D:

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 12:37:34 PM »

Finnie, it's Americans talking about their politicians.
We don't want anything to do with this thread.

Come along my friend, I'll get us some Ice cream and we can find a better thread.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 02:19:23 PM »

Finnie, it's Americans talking about their politicians.
We don't want anything to do with this thread.

Come along my friend, I'll get us some Ice cream and we can find a better thread.

In all seriousness this issue is going to be all blame-game from both sides, and its really nothing new, they generally only care about their own agendas, not what the american people want.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 02:30:38 PM »
So are they shutting shit down, in order to save money?

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 02:38:37 PM »
So are they shutting shit down, in order to save money?

Essentially they cannot come to agree on approving a budget. So, because we basically ran out of time to approve the budget, they shut down all non-essential functions of the government.

Offline crovv

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »
The American government right now, as someone who's about to be a voter, is something I don't want to vote for. None of it makes sense to the 21st century, in my opinion, and they care more about money and elections than the government.

Case and point: you seriously just shut down the entire fucking [yes that was necessary] government to fight against each other?

The Senate and House are more a fighting ground for Republicans vs. Democrats rather than a place for things to get done and opinions of the country to matter. Our country and government cannot run itself, as it proved multiple times, and now it has shut itself down to make a point.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 03:50:56 PM »
We shut down the government because we can't come to an agreement.
We can't come to an agreement because the system leads to filthy politicians focused on agendas rather than the peoples interest.
Politicians are stupid, and will never come to an agreement because of the two-party system.
The two party system exists because we can't agree on anything else, even though there are multiple systems we could implement seamlessly that are far better then a two party FPTP voting.

It's a fucking mess, and a joke, except I'm not laughing.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 11:31:26 AM »
Finally have enough time to respond.

Yes Kwuartz, right is a relative term. I should have probably used a different term. At any rate, there should be much more progress towards actually researching something, and selecting the best approach, not selecting the approach because it works for your extremest views.

How can the most powerful country in the world (for now) have a broken education system, a broken health system, a bloated military and have absolutely zero sense of direction? We have states now that want to get rid of the "common core". The Common Core is a system that was implemented in the fifties that ensures that all states need to teach some common subjects and everybody needs to learn them. What some republican states are trying to do is get rid of this standard. Before the standard, education was all over the map, to the point where if you went to college you had to re-learn half of this stuff because it wasn't taught but nooooooo, education is too "liberal" and needs to be re-written so that you don't learn their history.

Seriously, Sweden and Denmark haven't sounded so good before. Hell at least I know when I get a job there, I can live off of it.

Also Kwuartz, what libertarian are you? I know there are some that want a weak central government but y'know, Articles of Confederation paint that picture pretty clear, and the south would still probably have Jim Crow if they weren't forced to get rid of it.

3 Days isn't log

Offline crovv

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »
Seriously, Sweden and Denmark haven't sounded so good before. Hell at least I know when I get a job there, I can live off of it.

I'll be honest, even though I'm going to college in the States I'm not 100% sure I'm going to stay in the states. The way we're headed, the government is either going to explode with military power in some world police movement, or implode because its not doing enough to self-sustain.

Public education - hell, even my private school - is a joke and I have no clue how to fix it, our society is so screwed up not only from Democratic vs Republican but also due to no "United" states - just a bunch of states with different beliefs and ideas, our health care and insurance systems make me cringe, and our military seems like the only thing that hasn't completely shattered at some point or another, just gone into wars that don't make any sense.

TL;DR: Basically, the United States of America are not United and are on a road to ruin.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 04:44:40 PM »
I believe in the rights of the individual and the consequences of such. I believe that taxation is too heavy, and that the government doesn't have the right to tax me without my consent. However, I believe that taxation should be something that you can opt-in on, and based on such when necessary you receive a certain amount of care, based on how much you opt-in. Those who contribute more, based on the percentage of their gross income, should receive more service or more covers, similar to an insurance type deal. I also believe in a decentralized government for dealing with economic dealings and I think for the most part, the government shouldn't touch the economy. This comes back to the fact that I'm a Laissez-faire capitalist, I don't think the government has any right to touch transactions conducted by private parties.

Associated with the concept of natural rights and servings as an additional buttress to the edifice of laissez faire was the faith of Americans in the self-sufficiency of the individual. To a great extent the result of the unusually favorable economic conditions that prevailed in the United States, individualism became part and parcel of the nation's democratic faith. Americans placed their trust not in "external government" but in the free individual, who must be kept free from restrains; and it was widely held that as individuals became more intelligent and more attuned to the moral law, there would be a decreasing need for government.... It was, indeed, in the writings of the transcendentalists Emerson and Thoreau that the doctrine of the free individual attained its classic expression in mid-nineteenth-century America. To Emerson, the self-reliant individual was more than a match for organized government, and he foresaw the day when the advance of the individual would render the state unnecessary. Thoreau was even more contemptuous of the state, and in his famous essay "Civil Disobedience" carried individualism to a point where it became almost indistinguishable from anarchism. The teachings of classical political economy, which were brought to America from England and France, also helped to promote the idea of the negative state.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 04:44:40 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal