Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Suggestions] Hidden: Source  (Read 10654 times)

Offline Burgers-13

Re: Music in Hidden
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »
Kind of like gravity on server #3  trollface

that's a cheap shot DBag  XD how was I suppose to know that server didn't allow it T.T

And to add Len doesn't even hidden anymore >:(.. Y u no return to us Len..during Christmas ^.^

Offline DBag

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 03:26:26 PM »
That was cheap but I couldn't resist
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 03:26:26 PM »

Offline Proxy(Toxxie)

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 06:13:01 AM »
Kind of like gravity on server #3  trollface

that's a cheap shot DBag  XD how was I suppose to know that server didn't allow it T.T

And to add Len doesn't even hidden anymore >:(.. Y u no return to us Len..during Christmas ^.^

I did hard time for that mistake...i did two rounds of banning...a man just doesn't come back from something like that.

Also end of round music sounds very good. Though I'd be opposed to it during the round. Since yeah, as stated before. The hidden is easier to find when you hear him walking up on you.
Timzies! Reloading...

Offline Blue Belladonna

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »
Players should defiantly get the option to turn it on or off either way because not everyone enjoys music during their game.

Offline Kwarte

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2013, 11:17:58 PM »
Players should defiantly get the option to turn it on or off either way because not everyone enjoys music during their game.

+1, i cant remember which server had that but it was great, they had a couple of top hit music at the time and we could vote for the song that we wanted to play (much like when choosing a map with the escape menu pop-up) and it made it played to the player who wanted it, or just turn it off.

And for the music at the end of the round when iris/hidden dies, we need it to be like a victory song (not random things like other server). It should be song like "Eye of the Tiger, The Final Countdown, I will survive" just to name a few i can think of.

Offline EagleWulf

Re: [Suggestions]Hidden Source
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 02:10:14 PM »
Topic: FF (team shooter, T-kers)

Details: how about putting in a plug in or something that reflects the damage onto the team shooter or tker.
Say i shoot someone the damage is not on him but on me for not being careful enough and shooting the other player. or does damage to the other player and the teamshooter, tho i would make it more damageable to the teamshooter.

I really back this idea. Honestly, why not? You could say, "Oh, that's what all the admins are for." but I really can't see how this would be a bad thing. It would discourage teamkilling as well as give players an extra sense of comfort. All the time players come on and ask "hey, does this server have mirror damage?" and after they find out it doesn't, they leave shortly afterwards. And I've played on servers with mirror damage... it actually gets the job done. There would be no downside to it, unless you don't want to make all of our jobs a little bit easier.

I had someone ask me why we didn't have the damage sound for the hidden on. To specify when the hidden takes damage personally and goes arghhhhhhh haha. I thought it might be interesting to test out on the servers. Honestly I am not personally for it or against it but it may be worth looking in to if anybody else likes the idea.
Damage sound? As in the plugin that makes a beeping noise when the hidden is hit or the scream? Personally I never liked the scream too much, it makes it a lot easier to kill the hidden since when he is hit and when he screams it follows him around (the hidden's job is hard enough without it). If you mean the beep plugin that might be a good idea.. I always like to know that I've hit the hidden =D. On most servers though the beep is super loud and distracting, so it would be a good idea to turn down it's noise (if possible).

I am super in favor of this beeping idea. The Hidden Empire servers have it and it's so useful. I agree that we should turn it down though. But yeah, I like to know that I've hit the hidden, especially with the extremely choppy hit detection on our servers. It'll take 4 squirts of blood before I've probably even hit the hidden once, but with hit detection, I'll find out right off off the bat if I got him or not. I like it.

Offline Kwarte

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 09:50:39 PM »
Actualy, as for my opinion, i dont really like the hidden scream because there are some of the scream (which appears to be random lenght) that have a ridiculous duration and only spoil where we are, which is mostly like ghosting itself imo. We still can kill the hidden easily so why would we want to make the hunt even easier??? That's non-sense imo  X_x

Offline DBag

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 07:05:38 AM »
Nerf the shotgun. I don't not see logically how it is possible for a shotgun to do 100 damage in one hit from across a large distance. It would be nice if the shotgun could only do a max damage of 40 to 60 in one shot, which I think this to be a reasonable amount of damage for a weapon that most people don't even aim at the hidden specifically with. I would like to see this happen on the servers, a little bit tired of being one shotted at the begging of my hidden round because a dude with a shotgun got lucky.

Offline Pyro

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 07:43:32 AM »
Nerf the shotgun. I don't not see logically how it is possible for a shotgun to do 100 damage in one hit from across a large distance. It would be nice if the shotgun could only do a max damage of 40 to 60 in one shot, which I think this to be a reasonable amount of damage for a weapon that most people don't even aim at the hidden specifically with. I would like to see this happen on the servers, a little bit tired of being one shotted at the begging of my hidden round because a dude with a shotgun got lucky.

You know it isn't possible to alter weapons in a mod, the creators of Hidden source made it this way and there's no way to change it without making a completely new mod.

Even if it were possible to alter the stats of weapons, I wouldn't do it.
Just because you don't like being killed as a Hidden is no reason to nerf weapons.
Getting killed is a part of the game, and so is getting lucky.

Dead? Oh well, wait for your next Hidden round and maybe you won't get killed.

Offline DBag

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »
Its not that I dislike being killed as the hidden. I just see it a little one sided when a shotgun from across the map an end you in one shot. But ok nevermind then, thought I might say it at least.

Offline Leninade

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 04:51:03 PM »
Its not that I dislike being killed as the hidden. I just see it a little one sided when a shotgun from across the map an end you in one shot. But ok nevermind then, thought I might say it at least.
At a distance, the shotgun is a serious crapshoot. Sure you can get lucky with the pellet spread sometimes, but that's pretty rare. Coupled with the damage falloff at range, and I think it's pretty good where it is. If anything, the issue with the shotgun are more the types of people that use it. It suits corner camping a little too well, but there's nothing you can do about that.

Offline DBag

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »
Well I know how to deal with corner campers that's pie. I have nothing to complain about masa' already tolds me it ain't goin' happn'. haha

Offline Burgers-13

Re: [Suggestions] Hidden: Source
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2013, 08:57:30 PM »
maybe you can give hidden players who donate the perks of kicking or gaging someone in the server if theri being a nucence... (obvious if they obue  their powers they get them taken away) idk just a thought

Offline Gray Fox

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2014, 06:53:14 PM »
Topic: (Mostly) Crash-proof scoreboard

Details: Anyone who has played the Hidden knows how much it crashes. I was talking to a few people about this and thought I might as well put it up. Is there any way for there to be record of all the people who have played on the map based on their steam ID's? My thought is that if I am on docks with a 20/1 kill/death score and I crash I come back with nothing. There must be some way to store scores based on steam ID until the next map change. Then at the map change it can wipe the memory clean and start again until the next map change. Like I have said I don't know if it is possible but it seems like it might.
The fox says go die in a hole.....

Offline DBag

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2014, 07:17:04 PM »
Red was actually thinking about putting something like that on the servers. So he may try it sometime

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2014, 07:17:04 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal