Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Suggestions] Hidden: Source  (Read 10653 times)

Offline Pyro

Re: [Suggestions] Hidden: Source
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 04:02:37 AM »
Good idea.

Also I'll put more maps on 1 while I'm at it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:28:04 PM by Pyro »

Offline DBag

Re: [Suggestions]Hidden Source
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 06:25:00 AM »
I had someone ask me why we didn't have the damage sound for the hidden on. To specify when the hidden takes damage personally and goes arghhhhhhh haha. I thought it might be interesting to test out on the servers. Honestly I am not personally for it or against it but it may be worth looking in to if anybody else likes the idea.
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 06:25:00 AM »

Offline Red

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 09:23:35 AM »
I had someone ask me why we didn't have the damage sound for the hidden on. To specify when the hidden takes damage personally and goes arghhhhhhh haha. I thought it might be interesting to test out on the servers. Honestly I am not personally for it or against it but it may be worth looking in to if anybody else likes the idea.
Damage sound? As in the plugin that makes a beeping noise when the hidden is hit or the scream? Personally I never liked the scream too much, it makes it a lot easier to kill the hidden since when he is hit and when he screams it follows him around (the hidden's job is hard enough without it). If you mean the beep plugin that might be a good idea.. I always like to know that I've hit the hidden =D. On most servers though the beep is super loud and distracting, so it would be a good idea to turn down it's noise (if possible).
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Ima

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 10:03:05 AM »
Topic: Hidden-only sonic alarms.

Details:
Basically, restricts the sonic alarms going off to only detect when the Hidden goes through them. Basically making them do what they're intended to do.

This, Absolutely this!

Offline Leninade

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 01:35:16 PM »
Any chance of afk detection being put in? Servers have pretty low player counts, and an AFK person takes up a slot, and promotes TKing by the less experienced players because they don't think the Hidden should get that kill. If possible, try and see if there's someone who hasn't moved/done anything for 5/10 minutes, then autokick?

Offline DBag

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 12:24:22 AM »
See the only problem with that is, if an admin is in spectator mode technically they are afk and the system would kick them. I am not entirely sure how it works but I thought I might make it known that we don't want to add anything that would kick an admin if they are recording or watching someone.

Music in Hidden
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 06:24:30 AM »
So its just a thought. But since i started playing hidden, I noticed a relative absence of music in game. I was talking about it with some other players, and it seems that some of them thought it was a good idea. I was kind of thinking of horror based music like the Halloween theme, Friday the 13th, and several horror based themes from other games. also, maybe it could have triggered music to add pressure, like when the hidden has killed all but one iris member and lastly have different victory music for both sides. I was told that the audio can be changed through plugs. but, it is up to the admins to decide if it is a good idea or not. I really want to hear anyone's opinion so please comment! Peace frogc00l

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 06:00:08 PM »
Any chance of afk detection being put in? Servers have pretty low player counts, and an AFK person takes up a slot, and promotes TKing by the less experienced players because they don't think the Hidden should get that kill. If possible, try and see if there's someone who hasn't moved/done anything for 5/10 minutes, then autokick?

found this len ..

just going to leave these here:

watch list:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1245622

Aimbot:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=505430

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 06:21:44 PM by Burgers-13 »

Offline Red

Re: Music in Hidden
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2013, 12:14:07 PM »
-snip-
I've been on so many servers where the sound effect/music plugins are almost unbearably loud; the volume of te music definitely needs to be controlled, I hate getting my eardrums blasted when I'm not expecting it.
-abbreviation-
I still think the music should be at the end of the round if it is installed.. Yeah.. But that's just my opinion so yeah..
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Leninade

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2013, 04:19:20 PM »
I think end of round is good, but I feel like the relative lack of music, or the fairly minimalist music that's already there is pretty good.

Offline Blue Belladonna

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2013, 04:53:39 PM »
I think end of round is good, but I feel like the relative lack of music, or the fairly minimalist music that's already there is pretty good.

Definitely

Offline Ima

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2013, 05:27:44 PM »
I feel like music during the rounds could be a bit distracting since yeah.. Always searching for the hiddens footsteps.. But possibly like something to fit the ambiance but not like blasting music.. So I would totally vote for end of the round as well.. :>

Music in Hidden
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 05:29:47 PM »
well then i guess music at the end sounds like a plan lol

Offline DBag

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 06:25:42 AM »
To add to this we could make this something that can be voted on or off at any point in time. Kind of like gravity on server #3  trollface That would be a very good way to go about it in the event that the majority of the server wants it on or off.

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 01:23:41 PM »
To add to this we could make this something that can be voted on or off at any point in time. Kind of like gravity on server #3  trollface That would be a very good way to go about it in the event that the majority of the server wants it on or off.

that would be the easiest option and everyone gets their vote. maybe at the beginning of the match it could have a "Music yes/no" window

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 01:23:41 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal