Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Suggestions] Hidden: Source  (Read 10656 times)

Offline Burgers-13

[Suggestions] Hidden: Source
« on: September 03, 2013, 04:22:45 AM »
The purpose of this thread is for any suggestions to help improve the hidden servers. This thread is for suggestions, not discussions. Follow the format:

Topic:
Details: (Please provide as much detail about your suggestion as you can here)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:10:28 AM by Blue Belladonna »

Offline Burgers-13

Re: [Suggestions]Hidden Source
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 04:46:55 AM »
Topic: Reserved Slots for admins (9/10)

Details: A while back some of the admins were talking about some issues with the hidden servers. Especially when it came to getting into a server and taking care of the trouble makers. Len came up with having a 10th slot reserved for admins so they can basically do their job. I thought that was a good idea.

Moderator Comment No longer using reserved slots in Hidden servers
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:05:47 AM by Blue Belladonna »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 04:46:55 AM »

Offline Echochrome4

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 08:28:16 AM »
Topic: Server #2 Game mode change
Details: I feel that server #2 keeps getting alot of complaints because it is random for the hidden choice.  I'm pretty sure that many of the admins would agree that it should be changed to a weighted server.  Possible an option would be regular game mode, (I think that's the game mode were if you win the round as hidden you stay hidden?) but that's just and option?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:37:47 PM by Pyro »

Offline Red

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:32:50 PM »
Topic: KAC bans and Weighting percentage
Details: Are these bans only on server #3 (and if it is only on 3 could it be added to servers 1, 2, 4)? I've noticed this for a while now but I've never thought about it. I was bored tonight and read about the anticheat while going through the H:S section of the forum:  KAC: ConVar mat_wireframe violation.

Also the weighting thing on server 3. It shows the percentage that you have at the end of the round I.E. You have a 34% chance (54/172) of being hidden next round. Think you could put those on the rest of the weighted servers?

Note:
(Sent Pyro this last night but I figured I might as well make it uber official since we've got this nifty suggestion thread haha (haven't been able to get on so far today so I dunno if he's already done it =P))
Regards,
~Red
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Echochrome4

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »
Topic: Server list in MOTD

Details: I think it would be a good idea for the new server list to be somehow put in the MOTD:
ConjointGaming.com | Hidden: Source #1 | PS=ON | Random
ConjointGaming.com | Hidden: Source #2| PS=Off | Weighted
ConjointGaming.com | Hidden: Source #3 | PS=ON | Weighted   
ConjointGaming.com | Hidden: Source #4 | Weighted | Custom maps | PS=Off

This would make it easier for us as people will learn about our other servers, possible increasing the amount of players we have on them.  Also if they don't like the random/weighted, or PS on/off they could switch to their server of choice. 

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 02:01:46 AM »
Topic: KAC bans and Weighting percentage
Details: Are these bans only on server #3 (and if it is only on 3 could it be added to servers 1, 2, 4)? I've noticed this for a while now but I've never thought about it. I was bored tonight and read about the anticheat while going through the H:S section of the forum:  KAC: ConVar mat_wireframe violation.

Also the weighting thing on server 3. It shows the percentage that you have at the end of the round I.E. You have a 34% chance (54/172) of being hidden next round. Think you could put those on the rest of the weighted servers?

Note:
(Sent Pyro this last night but I figured I might as well make it uber official since we've got this nifty suggestion thread haha (haven't been able to get on so far today so I dunno if he's already done it =P))
Regards,
~Red
KAC was sort of a test, I think SMC replaces it now not sure tho.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Will_Kill

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 01:31:35 AM »
Topic: Map Nomination

Deatails: I'm not sure if its just server #1 but can you change the game limit to renominate a map on the server. I know you can just do !Nominate *mapname* but this way it's a tad bit easier and a browse option.

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »
Topic: FF (team shooter, T-kers)

Details: how about putting in a plug in or something that reflects the damage onto the team shooter or tker.
Say i shoot someone the damage is not on him but on me for not being careful enough and shooting the other player. or does damage to the other player and the teamshooter, tho i would make it more damageable to the teamshooter.

Offline Red

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 06:49:11 PM »
Topic: FF (team shooter, T-kers)

Details: how about putting in a plug in or something that reflects the damage onto the team shooter or tker.
Say i shoot someone the damage is not on him but on me for not being careful enough and shooting the other player. or does damage to the other player and the teamshooter, tho i would make it more damageable to the teamshooter.

That's what the punishment system/admins are for though Burg.. We used to have it (I think) and it was removed.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 06:56:31 PM »
IMO that would also remove one of the Hiddens strengths, landing in a group of IRIS and getting them spooked to hit each other.

I believe Red is correct, I recall this coming up in the past (the damage reflector plugin)

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Leninade

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »
IMO that would also remove one of the Hiddens strengths, landing in a group of IRIS and getting them spooked to hit each other.

I believe Red is correct, I recall this coming up in the past (the damage reflector plugin)
If it's full damage reflect, the effect is the same, though. If you wanted wild firing to still damage the other play, then I think there are also ways that you can scale the damage down a ton, while reflecting most of it back at the shooter. Would honestly probably cut down on the amount of banning we'd have to do, but it'd probably make our TK limit next to impossible to reach. Also mean that teamshooters would probably switch to the LL to troll, instead.

Perhaps this would be something that would be good to have, but able to be toggled in game, if possible? That way admins could throw a vote up if people really wanted and change it, if needed.

Offline Will_Kill

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 10:11:19 PM »
I want to request maybe on a server or all add pigpush instead of removing/having pigstick. This adds a fun yet challenging way to kill opponents.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=699595

Offline DBag

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 08:05:31 PM »
So something I have been thinking of is putting custom maps on either 1 or 2. I know that 4 has them but I hate getting pigstuck everytime I want to play on the custom maps. I think others may agree me with as well
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Will_Kill

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 09:06:37 PM »
So something I have been thinking of is putting custom maps on either 1 or 2. I know that 4 has them but I hate getting pigstuck everytime I want to play on the custom maps. I think others may agree me with as well
I also agree with that, I mean the default maps are good but not to play all the time. I mean a few really good custom maps should be added.

Offline Fluffalupagus

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 08:54:06 PM »
Topic: Hidden-only sonic alarms.

Details:
Basically, restricts the sonic alarms going off to only detect when the Hidden goes through them. Basically making them do what they're intended to do.
I get a lot of people getting pissed off that people are using alarms and start shooting them down and then the person using them gets upset and teamkills that one person over and over and eventually I'm forced to ban them. This would cut down on trolling (and earsplitting noise every 2 seconds.)
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1518085

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 08:54:06 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal