Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DayZ Standalone Release  (Read 5768 times)

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: DayZ Standalone Release
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »
I like how everyone assumes slow zombies wouldn't pose any threat. They would.
I wish games would understand that. Few have, but some do.
Dead Rising has slow zombies, not the best example, but games tend to not use slow zombies. It's annoying.

Which poses a greater threat, a single slow zombie or a single Pillz zombie that's jumping off tables and doing spins in midair?
Who said anything about a single zombie?

No More Room In Hell, anyone? NMRIH is amazing.

Fine, 20 slow zombies or 20 pillz whitey's?
lol, sorry Slow zombies are better. A couple fast mixed in with the slow is fine tho.

But when every Zombie is as fast as Usain Bolt theirs a problem.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 04:34:41 PM »
Dead Rising has slow zombies, not the best example, but games tend to not use slow zombies. It's annoying.

Which poses a greater threat, a single slow zombie or a single Pillz zombie that's jumping off tables and doing spins in midair?

lol, sorry Slow zombies are better. A couple fast mixed in with the slow is fine tho.

Depends.
  • They could be slow and weak which would be pitiful and not very fun.
  • They could be slow and hard-hitting, which IMO is the perfect match, nothing really beats a Romero zombie.
  • They could also be fast and weak, which is actually fun as documented on L4D, and for a fast-paced game works very well.
  • they could be fast and hard-hitting - which is frankly a terrible idea for a platitude of reasons.*
*: If the game was a one-bite-kill game then this could work, if you look at 28 Days Later as an example.

A mix between Romero (Slow) and 28 Days Later (Fast) zombies would be wonderful - and is already in DayZ - albeit the fast ones are fidgety and annoying to shoot.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 04:34:41 PM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 05:03:26 PM »

Depends.
  • They could be slow and hard-hitting, which IMO is the perfect match, nothing really beats a Romero zombie.
  • They could also be fast and weak, which is actually fun as documented on L4D, and for a fast-paced game works very well.
  • they could be fast and hard-hitting - which is frankly a terrible idea for a platitude of reasons.*
*: If the game was a one-bite-kill game then this could work, if you look at 28 Days Later as an example.

A mix between Romero (Slow) and 28 Days Later (Fast) zombies would be wonderful - and is already in DayZ - albeit the fast ones are fidgety and annoying to shoot.
No 28 days later zombies are terrable.

Play no more room in hell, next to perfect zombies.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »

Depends.

Sigh... That's a mix of 28 Days Later, and Romero, Fast zombies and child zombies are... well fast.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 05:21:12 PM »
Inject hates everything!

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 05:40:03 PM »

Depends.

Sigh... That's a mix of 28 Days Later, and Romero, Fast zombies and child zombies are... well fast.
Fast =/= always = 28 days later.

Also can we stop referring to a mediocre movie?

And stop classifying them as MOVIE zombies. Just fucking zombies.
I'm tired of all this I LOVE 60's MOVIES stuff lol.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 05:42:52 PM »
28 days later was not a mediocre movie, you are just too picky.

It received the following:
    Best Horror Film (U.S. Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films — Saturn Award)[citation needed]
    Best British Film (Empire Award)[citation needed]
    Danny Boyle (Grand Prize of European Fantasy Film in Silver)[citation needed]
    Best Director — Danny Boyle (International Fantasy Film Award)[citation needed]
    Best International Film — Danny Boyle (Narcisse Award)[citation needed]
    Best Breakthrough Performance — Naomie Harris (Black Reel)[citation needed]
    Best Cinematographer — Anthony Dod Mantle (European Film Award)[citation needed]

Critical views of the film were very positive. Based on 205 reviews collected by the film review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, 88% of critics gave 28 Days Later a positive review. On Metacritic, the film received a rating of 73 (out of 100) based on 39 reviews.

28 Days Later was a considerable success at the box office and became highly profitable on a budget of about £5 million. In the UK, it took in £6.1 million, while in the US it became a surprise hit, taking over $45 million despite a limited release at fewer than 1,500 screens across the country. The film garnered around $82.7 million worldwide.

Thats not mediocre, that is success.

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 07:27:38 PM »
I hate that keep on pushing it back, it is making me less excited every time they push it. I hate to have to wait another month for the "expected" Release date. I might not even buy the game if they push it back again. And thanks for all the replies
"Rogue, I'm gonna slap your ass cheeks until they turn... Green." -Klutonec.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 09:53:48 PM »
I hate that keep on pushing it back, it is making me less excited every time they push it. I hate to have to wait another month for the "expected" Release date. I might not even buy the game if they push it back again. And thanks for all the replies
Sometimes good games require more time. It can be hard to find the perfect middle point between release date and quality.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 10:03:07 PM »
Sometimes good games require more time. It can be hard to find the perfect middle point between release date and quality.

Considering what happened to War Z, They want to distance themselves from that product as much as possible.

Some people actually confused the two, and bought War Z when it came out on Steam. Of course it sucked and because of that it did some damage to Day Z's reputation.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 11:27:19 PM »
should be slow and painful like in the walking dead, if you make zombies too fast, shit's going down.
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 02:15:06 AM »

Best Horror Film (U.S. Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films — Saturn Award)[citation needed]
    Best Cinematographer — Anthony Dod Mantle (European Film Award)[citation needed]

Critical views of the film were very positive. Based on 205 reviews collected by the film review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, 88% of critics gave 28 Days Later a positive review. On Metacritic, the film received a rating of 73 (out of 100) based on 39 reviews.

28 Days Later was a considerable success at the box office and became highly profitable on a budget of about £5 million. In the UK, it took in £6.1 million, while in the US it became a surprise hit, taking over $45 million despite a limited release at fewer than 1,500 screens across the country. The film garnered around $82.7 million worldwide.

My dick received the award of InjectSaysIt'sAwsome.

An award means nothing. I don't care how many billions of dollars it made. To me it's mediocre. Think with your own brain not some critics.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 02:18:29 AM »

My dick received the award of InjectSaysIt'sAwsome.

An award means nothing. I don't care how many billions of dollars it made. To me it's mediocre. Think with your own brain not some critics.

Your brain is broken, so you shouldn't think with it.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 02:25:52 AM »
A person should always be able to outrun a mutilated braindead corpse (zombie). It's okay if they can run, but they should never be able to outrun a player. (Unless they're a fatass.)

Offline Tyber

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 02:28:27 AM »
I love DayZ, but has anyone else notice this is just another one of Jakes spam posts?

Anyway, I'm afraid to buy DayZ because it might make my PC explode into a million pieces of "FUCK YOU!"

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 02:28:27 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal