Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Opinions of the Death Penalty  (Read 15526 times)

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

Re: Opinions of the Death Penalty
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 03:52:39 PM »
I honestly think that whatever someone does to another person, should be done to them. Plain and simple.

You kill someone, we put you on deathrow. You steal something, (if its damaged/unable to return) we take equal assets to pay the person back what you owe. You rape someone? I believe they should jail/supervise these people for the rest of their lives.

Seems like people can get away with serious crimes lately, they just get a slap on the wrist or some time in prison. Maybe with good behavior, they can even be let back out into society. For people like this, I honestly believe there is no redemption. And maybe with harsher punishment, this shit will not be as COMMON as it is in the US.

By the way, did you see the new shooting in Connecticut?

Edit: http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/24/12919468-gunman-on-uconn-campus-commits-suicide?lite

The Connecticut shooting isn't to throw off the topic. It's to prove my point that this shit happens way too fucking often.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:39:41 PM by Waffuls the Huntress »

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
I honestly think that whatever someone does to another person, should be done to them. Plain and simple.

You kill someone, we put you on deathrow. You steal something, (if its damaged/unable to return) we take equal assets to pay the person back what you owe. You rape someone? I believe they should jail/supervise these people for the rest of their lives.

Seems like people can get away with serious crimes lately, they just get a slap on the wrist or some time in prison. Maybe with good behavior, they can even be let back out into society. For people like this, I honestly believe there is no redemption. And maybe with harsher punishment, this shit will not be as COMMON as it is in the US.

By the way, did you see the new shooting in Connecticut?
I live in Connecticut and i havent even heard of a shooting here.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »

Offline Imgoinham

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 04:50:12 PM »
The death penalty should be enforced, what is the difference between rotting in jail for the next 60 years of your life or being lethally injected? And Sandusky deserves to die after what he did to those kids. Nuff said.

Offline Dante

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 05:58:16 PM »
HEY GUYS I GOT THE PERFECT IDEA!
IF SOMEONE MURDERS OR ACCIDENTLY KILLS SOMEONE WE SHOULD KILL/MURDER THEM! WE WILL CALL IT THE DEATH PENALTY! WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?

It is basically an excuse to kill someone.

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 06:07:44 PM »
IF SOMEONE MURDERS OR ACCIDENTLY KILLS SOMEONE WE SHOULD KILL/MURDER THEM! WE WILL CALL IT THE DEATH PENALTY! WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?

If it's an accident, then it would be 2nd or 3rd degree, right? I am talking about 1st degree. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

And please, don't bring up things like "WHAT IF HE WAS FRAMED?" People get framed now, and they go to prison for the rest of their lives to rot and be butt-shanked. Honestly, what is the difference from having no life in jail and having no life at all? Maybe having a harsher punishment will make more people be framed, but also the investigations and trials should be a little more detailed and fair..

Again, not to try and take this off topic, but enforcing stricter punishments, trying to improve the "system," and possibly fixing the root problem (IE - bad public schools, ghetto living areas, glamoring mass murder/suicide).. we wouldn't see this daily.

Offline Dante

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 06:12:38 PM »

If it's an accident, then it would be 2nd or 3rd degree, right? I am talking about 1st degree. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

And please, don't bring up things like "WHAT IF HE WAS FRAMED?" People get framed now, and they go to prison for the rest of their lives to rot and be butt-shanked. Honestly, what is the difference from having no life in jail and having no life at all? Maybe having a harsher punishment will make more people be framed, but also the investigations and trials should be a little more detailed and fair..

Again, not to try and take this off topic, but enforcing stricter punishments, trying to improve the "system," and possibly fixing the root problem (IE - bad public schools, ghetto living areas, glamoring mass murder/suicide).. we wouldn't see this daily.
Executing a Murderer is fighting fire with fire, someone murders so murder the murderer. And I believe a better way would be Life in prison instead of Execution. Since it makes those people eventually regret murdering someone, where as they most likely wont feel regret till they are strapped down about to be executed.

Offline Leomire

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 06:14:30 PM »
Kill em. We spend so much money on making the death penalty humane and all this bull. If someone is put on death row they should just be taken to a ditch and shot or hanged. I think the Human Race is begin to put too much value on life. We lose 12 people to a mass murder, yet we won't take the one that took those lives? That just seems unjust to me.

Offline Dante

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 06:21:22 PM »
Kill em. We spend so much money on making the death penalty humane and all this bull. If someone is put on death row they should just be taken to a ditch and shot or hanged. I think the Human Race is begin to put too much value on life. We lose 12 people to a mass murder, yet we won't take the one that took those lives? That just seems unjust to me.
So you would rather have the one that painfully killed those 12 to have a quick and painless death compaired to a slow and Agonizing Death? 'Cause rotting in a prison is pretty damn bad.

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 06:21:52 PM »

^ This is exactly what I am talking about.

Most of the murders are planned before hand (picking the target, buying the guns, location/time, how, ect.). During this, they have all that time to rethink -- Why am I doing this? Is it worth ending another life because of how I feel in this moment?

Why does someone like this deserve to stay alive when the innocent is dead in the ground? Not all people are completely innocent, believe me, but I don't feel that someone deserves to die because of how they wronged another person (be it money or love, criminal charges, like rape and abduction, are another matter).

Why should I give money to the government, so they can house, clothe, and feed the person who killed my neighbors and family?

Offline Dante

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 06:25:23 PM »

^ This is exactly what I am talking about.

Most of the murders are planned before hand (picking the target, buying the guns, location/time, how, ect.). During this, they have all that time to rethink -- Why am I doing this? Is it worth ending another life because of how I feel in this moment?

Why does someone like this deserve to stay alive when the innocent is dead in the ground? Not all people are completely innocent, believe me, but I don't feel that someone deserves to die because of how they wronged another person (be it money or love, criminal charges, like rape and abduction, are another matter).

Why should I give money to the government, so they can house, clothe, and feed the person who killed my neighbors and family?
I see your point. And Now I agree with you. Somewhat. I now feel like we should painfully torture murderers, and right before they think we are letting the go slice open their wrists and force them to walk in front of Prisoners till he drops dead from blood loss.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 06:28:01 PM »

Murder is planning and killing someone.  An accident isn't murder.  Unplanned killing is manslaughter, also not murder.

When the word murder is used, we're talking about the killing with forethought and planning involved.  In this case it was a bit more then murder, it was a massacre.

Also, I'm gonna be blunt here.  If someone kills that many people with those intentions, they probably should be killed.  It's karma.  They knew what would happen.  Not to mention the world is overpopulated.  The victims didn't deserve to die, but if the guilty is dead we have one less looney to deal with.

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 06:29:49 PM »
I want to agree with you to force them to an agonizing death.. but that is taking it too far, IMO. I realize that murderers do deserve this treatment, but it's extremely barbaric and inhumane.

I feel like we need it only to stop the murders and curve crimes, not to take out aggression on another human being, regardless of what they've done. The people in charge of this, who voted for this, who want this.. would be just as bad as the criminal, themselves.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 06:35:17 PM »
Bloody hell, Wish Britain got the death penalty again, Too many people get away with murder and get out in no time, Sickens me to see innocent people get hurt mentally and physically, and the aggressors get off Scott-free, People should not get away with murder and be released in less time then someone arrested from a Drugs-bust, Murder should be treated the same as treason, Innocent people die every day to murdering scum..

(Just FYI, I'm all pro for "do unto others as they do unto you", You hurt someone, You should have the same thing happen to you..)

Sorry, now I've gotten a little dark, Just had some bad experiences with Close friends being hurt by total strangers, That's why I fight to protect..
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 01:57:55 AM »
well, isnt a life sentence a death penalty? It depends on the severity, if it was a mass murder of 12 people, they should get a life sentence, with no bail, and have to suffer. if it was 1-4 murders, then they should be killed immediatly. dont see any other way to make it simple...

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »
keeping him in prison for life costs money, and that money comes from honest tax payers, so yeah i think people who have done grave offenses against society(mass shootings, rape, etc.) should simply be put down, no way they can be reformed into someone good again.
Oh my god. Hair Slut I love you.

Hair Sluts the only one who isn't being retarded.

Do you guys forgot this?

Death or Life In Prison. you all Keep saying how awesome it is to keep then in jail, but you forget that cost money.

Now you have to also remember (not in America) that life in Prison can be 25 years, depending on the country. It's 90 something in America I believe.  Which is fine for America I suppose. Jails/Prison are VERY expensive to run and having so many of them is quit a burden.

I'm unsure of my opinion and it's defiantly not something you can decide like a snap of the finger but interesting none the less.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal