Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Having a CS:S jailbreak server instead of a Gmod one  (Read 8324 times)

Offline Liam Neeson

Having a CS:S jailbreak server instead of a Gmod one
« on: June 10, 2012, 11:45:16 PM »
I've always been curious why we have a Gmod jail break server instead of a counter strike one i personally find Counter Strike's jailbreak far more entertaining and also once the server box is up we could run it off our box instead of renting one, so really i don't see any reason not to have a CSS one instead

Offline Pillz

Re: Having a CS:S jailbreak server instead of a Gmod one
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:48:30 AM »
Probably because more people play Gmod than CSS in CG; and I wouldn't play it on cstrike because I rarely play that game at all.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:48:30 AM »

Offline Nelth

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 12:56:52 AM »
If I remember correctly, it is easier to customize gmod rather than CS, but that might be incorrect.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 12:59:58 AM »
If I remember correctly, it is easier to customize gmod rather than CS, but that might be incorrect.
If thats incorrect, then Gmod has failed as a sandbox.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 01:12:45 AM »
Unless you want to have two jailbreak servers... Not gonna happen.  The jailbreak server is a gmod server because we have a gmod server.

We would have to find a new gamemode for the gmod server and put up a cs:s jailbreak server.  Last time we tried a cs:s jailbreak it failed.

Also there's less competition on gmod.

EDIT: Also, what makes it more entertaining?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:16:03 AM by Blackllama »

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 01:53:37 AM »
we have stronger ties to gmod

we tried css jailbreak before I was there assisting Zukuto and it did ok but after a week it couldn't stand on its own leg

gmod jailbreak populated the server even when it was half broken

also the server is $10 a month for the 25 slots because im a fucking boss and know people (typical price is $25 and can be up to $50 for a gmod server with that many slots)

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 11:22:58 AM »
Unless you want to have two jailbreak servers... Not gonna happen.  The jailbreak server is a gmod server because we have a gmod server.

We would have to find a new gamemode for the gmod server and put up a cs:s jailbreak server.  Last time we tried a cs:s jailbreak it failed.

Also there's less competition on gmod.

EDIT: Also, what makes it more entertaining?

Two jailbreaks what!?!?! We have a Gmod server for jailbreak not jailbreak for a gmod server we could easily stop paying for it and run it off the box and CS:S's gunplay is much better than gmod's in my opinion

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 11:27:33 AM »
we have stronger ties to gmod

we tried css jailbreak before I was there assisting Zukuto and it did ok but after a week it couldn't stand on its own leg

gmod jailbreak populated the server even when it was half broken

also the server is $10 a month for the 25 slots because im a fucking boss and know people (typical price is $25 and can be up to $50 for a gmod server with that many slots)

well i personally dont think we should have a jailbreak server at all ,but I started this thread wondering why we just don't run a CS:S one off our box

i mean its great you got a server that cheap ,but you usually get what you pay for

also a week isn't that long

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 11:57:10 AM »
also the server is $10 a month for the 25 slots because im a fucking boss
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »
also a week isn't that long

That's how you know it failed.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 12:33:59 PM »

Offline Accan

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »
Yeah it should probably stick to gmod, since that's what we're more familiar with, as well as less competition, amazing server box price, and it can be populated better. Also i'm pretty sure gunplay in CSS and gmod are the same, right?

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 02:38:13 PM »
Yeah it should probably stick to gmod, since that's what we're more familiar with, as well as less competition, amazing server box price, and it can be populated better. Also i'm pretty sure gunplay in CSS and gmod are the same, right?

We aren't really anymore familiar with Gmod just that more people in CG actually play it as opposed to CS:S

also $10 compared to FREE isn't really a good price and the gunplay isn't the same at all

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »
I'm fine with it being on a counter-strike game but I would wait until CS:GO comes out personally.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 05:31:42 PM »
I'm fine with it being on a counter-strike game but I would wait until CS:GO comes out personally.

This, being one of the few (or many) communities to have a custom gamemode up when its released so soon will be a huge advantage compared to starting a (failed) server on cs:s or an average one on gmod.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 05:31:42 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal