Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Should I start a nation minecraft server

Yes
11 (78.6%)
No
1 (7.1%)
WTF are you thinking?
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 03, 2012, 03:50:03 PM

Author Topic: Nation Minecraft  (Read 5690 times)

Offline Old Crow

Nation Minecraft
« on: April 28, 2012, 01:19:33 PM »
Talking about all this new society stuff, wouldn't it be cool to have a minecraft server that we could experiment with some of these things? Sure cant do anything with the transportation (a mine cart in every garage, a chicken in every pot) but what do you think?

We could use a territory mod, create nations and just have some fun!

What do you think?
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Fullmetal Megadave

Re: Nation Minecraft
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
Sounds like a good idea, but have the cities and terrain randomized tho, i think it'd take way too long to build an entire nation from scratch.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 01:29:29 PM »
Sounds like a good idea, but have the cities and terrain randomized tho, i think it'd take way too long to build an entire nation from scratch.

Lol yeah that would be a good idea, building a working city would take a good week, except the people that just stay on forever and ever and ever. I assume there is a mod that puts random cities down?

3 Days isn't log

Offline whenbananasattack

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 08:10:52 PM »
Well, there's always the city generator program that some guy did. It doesn't do the whole territory/country thing, but it would be a good start for cities, especially given how customizable it is.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:12:50 PM »
Meh, I've always hated mods that allow factions and land claiming and shit.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:38:01 PM »
Meh, I've always hated mods that allow factions and land claiming and shit.

I admit that the one Sly had was terrible, it basically let you grab as much land as possible, but he screwed it up, this one would be much more limited in a land grab, so that some person like Irish Meme9 wouldn't just make a god damned tunnel thru the middle of the map

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 03:08:47 PM »
I second this! We need a labor force! We could have the first nation built in days, but I would love to play a minecraft server that actually attempts this. We could have it private for a week or so and all have schedules for what to do/build. We could have some people work on building houses, others could work on like libraries, skyscrapers, farms, rivers, etc. Then we could have a mining team that gathers ores and cobblestone and other materials. IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME. GOD DAMN SOMEONE FIX THE SERVER!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:14:34 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 03:26:51 PM »
I second this! We need a labor force! We could have the first nation built in days, but I would love to play a minecraft server that actually attempts this. We could have it private for a week or so and all have schedules for what to do/build. We could have some people work on building houses, others could work on like libraries, skyscrapers, farms, rivers, etc. Then we could have a mining team that gathers ores and cobblestone and other materials. IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME. GOD DAMN SOMEONE FIX THE SERVER!

Good to hear! well I might actually consider this. I just need to hear back from somebody and if I see some more posts in here count on having a server like this, I'll get one started and then we could play!

3 Days isn't log

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 04:06:13 PM »
I say that if there is a nation mod for the server that you can't expand protected (officially owned) landed of a nation, and every nation has a set amount for the amount of people that start it.

5 people starting it = a fair amount for a few buildings, not a lot though
10 people starting it = more than 5
15 people starting = OH SHIT DO YOU REALLY NEED THIS MUCH?

and any buildings a part of the nation but not in the protected land are fair game from other nations' attacks. Think of it like this;

a large castle built in the protected land, farms and small buildings surrounding it making up the land.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »
I say that if there is a nation mod for the server that you can't expand protected (officially owned) landed of a nation, and every nation has a set amount for the amount of people that start it.

5 people starting it = a fair amount for a few buildings, not a lot though
10 people starting it = more than 5
15 people starting = OH SHIT DO YOU REALLY NEED THIS MUCH?

and any buildings a part of the nation but not in the protected land are fair game from other nations' attacks. Think of it like this;

a large castle built in the protected land, farms and small buildings surrounding it making up the land.

That sounds like a good idea. We would have to figure out how much land would be alotted to whom but thats something we could figure out in game, with whoever is elected/given leader of their respective nations.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 07:50:33 PM »
Perhaps we should start building two nations; and build them a certain distance apart, but start off peaceful and continue building nations until we have 4-5 spread across the server. Then after we have everything kind of built up we can start going to war with one another, and we can either trade supplies and shit; or steal it from chests during raids.

Ideally the castle/fortress that's protected by mods would have a vault with the important items, etc. It'd be nice to have the cities built before anyone tried to destroy anything. We can just set up diplomacy of some kind, and if you're neutral the other players must respect that till they declare otherwise.

We'd have to have rules and laws we follow on a general basis. Server rules, and then Nation laws. Breaking the server rules results in bans or whatever; while breaking nation law may result in exile or jailtime.

Honestly after it got that awesome, we'd need like at least a 30-50 slot server..
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 07:55:01 PM »
Perhaps we should start building two nations; and build them a certain distance apart, but start off peaceful and continue building nations until we have 4-5 spread across the server. Then after we have everything kind of built up we can start going to war with one another, and we can either trade supplies and shit; or steal it from chests during raids.

Ideally the castle/fortress that's protected by mods would have a vault with the important items, etc. It'd be nice to have the cities built before anyone tried to destroy anything. We can just set up diplomacy of some kind, and if you're neutral the other players must respect that till they declare otherwise.

We'd have to have rules and laws we follow on a general basis. Server rules, and then Nation laws. Breaking the server rules results in bans or whatever; while breaking nation law may result in exile or jailtime.

Honestly after it got that awesome, we'd need like at least a 30-50 slot server..

Hence why if people keep voting yes ill more then consider setting it up!

3 Days isn't log

Tictactoe360

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 12:07:03 AM »
Would it monsters still be on?

Because nomadic people like me enjoy cower in fear of the monsters.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 01:27:08 AM »

What mobs? Mobs are the enemy of humanity, they always have been and they always will be

except slimes, everybody loves slimes  Meme9

3 Days isn't log

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 02:10:11 AM »

What mobs? Mobs are the enemy of humanity, they always have been and they always will be

except slimes, everybody loves slimes  Meme9

your just mad because the game doesn't have planes you can fly away from the mobs in XD

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 02:10:11 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal