Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hunger Games  (Read 9908 times)

Offline Wholegrain

Re: Hunger Games
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 06:52:27 PM »
Movie: Boring as Shit and the camera guys clearly had epilepsy. I'm all for employing disabled people but come on... I couldn't tell what the hell was going on 90% of the time.
Jennifer Lawrence: Hot.

This.

CG finally agrees on something never thought I would see the day

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2012, 12:13:40 AM »
Yes and the best part is she can actually act pretty good too. Still I recommend seeing the movie, I found it quite enjoyable.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2012, 12:13:40 AM »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2012, 01:06:12 AM »
It pisses me off that our society glorifies pieces of literature that involve people brutally murder people especially when they are too young to make their own decision about it. Honestly the most disturbing part about the Hunger Games is that the group of trained 18 year olds from the first two districts went around mocking the people that had pleaded for their lives moments before they murdered them. It's just down right messed up that someone could take that much pleasure in killing something.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2012, 01:25:10 AM »
It pisses me off that our society glorifies pieces of literature that involve people brutally murder people especially when they are too young to make their own decision about it. Honestly the most disturbing part about the Hunger Games is that the group of trained 18 year olds from the first two districts went around mocking the people that had pleaded for their lives moments before they murdered them. It's just down right messed up that someone could take that much pleasure in killing something.

That's the point isn't it? Also look at world war two, nobody gave a fuck who was getting bombed. The Romans did it for entertainment, so that's why it can be believed. Also its fiction so its not real per say. Seriously most Americans would never allow this, we would rather die then become a dictatorship.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Ozborne

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2012, 01:28:52 AM »
I hated the movie.

"I've been around the world twice, talked to everyone once. I've been to three world fairs. I am a hard bodied, hairy-chested, rootin, tootin, shootin, parachutin, demolition double cap crimping Frogman.

There ain't nothing I can't do.

No sky too high, no sea too rough, no Muff to tough. I've learned a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. I drive all kinds of trucks. 2x's, 4x's, 6x's even those big trucks that bend and go TSSHHTT TSSHHTT when you step on the brakes.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT/SEAL Diver. If your feeling froggy than you better jump because this Frogman has been there, done that and is going back for more."

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2012, 01:38:37 AM »
Also let me point out its human nature, its up to the indivdual to make a choice, life or death. What would you do if you had the choice? Still a good movie, much better then most. Good story and believeable action.

3 Days isn't log

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2012, 11:30:45 AM »
Roman Gladiators: Slaves/criminals
Hunger Games Contestants: 12-18 year olds randomly selected at random
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 12:27:08 PM »
Sir the Japanese in world war 2 threw babies up and tried to catch them with the end of their rifles, if you know what I mean. Also still fiction!

3 Days isn't log

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2012, 03:32:09 PM »
I'm not saying worse things have been done / though up though, I'm just saying that it's messed up.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2012, 05:19:21 PM »
I'm not saying worse things have been done / though up though, I'm just saying that it's messed up.

It is. Like it or not violence has always been entertaining and more then likely it always will be. I know grand theft auto wouldn't be as fun if instead of shooting people you just gave hugs or had a spelling bee to defeat a villian lol.

Anyway still suggest seeing the movie. Probably gonna go see it again sometime this week.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2012, 04:09:58 AM »

Double post, I give zero fucks cause it is too cool Meme6

3 Days isn't log

Offline arth987

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2012, 04:46:00 AM »
DISREGARD EVERYTHING THEY HAVE SAID. unless someone has in a way explained what i am about too.. ok first of all the movie is messed up to begin with but if you do not read the book first like i did you may like most people that didn't read the book just see kids killing other kids.. im not going to fill you in cause its way to much to type unless requested but the movie is alright but if you read the book first it makes it amazing.. especially the story line and how it all leads up to the 3rd book... so yeah i guess that is it  Meme10

Offline arth987

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2012, 04:48:21 AM »
Also the reason it was so overly hyped i think is because girls thought it was like the new twilight or some shit... but for me im a very picky reader and i hate love and shit. this book was amazing and the movie sucked ass compared to it.. 

Offline Pillz

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2012, 01:17:12 AM »

OUR society glorifies pieces of literature about brutal murder? Society from 400 years back did more than we do now, you should be happy we're not all savage retards anymore and constantly slaughtering each other. Oh wait we still are, well at least we use bullets instead of axes and swords I guess. Regardless it's just a movie, there's always the bad guy who kills people, blah blah blah. It's just, the way shit's always been. It's not really messed up at all, compared to other movies like SAW, which actually make sense to complain about such things for. Humanity loves murder and death; it's going to be in our literature, because it's a daily part of our lives.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2012, 01:39:06 AM »
Also the reason it was so overly hyped i think is because girls thought it was like the new twilight or some shit... but for me im a very picky reader and i hate love and shit. this book was amazing and the movie sucked ass compared to it..

First QFT pills

I found the movie enjoyable, and I have not read the book yet but before you jump on me before that let me say this. There is always something lost when coming from a book to a movie, esp internal monologue. This semester I had to take film apperication and had to write about a movie based off a book. After doing that it makes sense why pretty much no movie based off a book will be as good as the book because its always gonna be missing certain details, and plots and other things.

Basically try to look at movies based off of books a little less like its gonna get it perfect, it doesn't happen.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2012, 01:39:06 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal