Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda N64 remakes?  (Read 5112 times)

Offline Accan

Legend of Zelda N64 remakes?
« on: August 09, 2011, 04:30:03 AM »
I dunno about you guys but i'd really liked to see remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. What i have in mind is, not only updated graphics and everything you'd expect from a remake, but harder dungeons and more maturity, rather than it being a kid's game. Something with scarier enemies, darker tones, etc. I want to hear you guys's opinions about this? Any ideas? http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=majora%27s+mask+concept#/d2lyfbc

Offline xXArbysOvenMittXx

Re: Legend of Zelda N64 remakes?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:21:23 AM »
Do not touch it, it is perfect.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:21:23 AM »

Offline LeninCat

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:49:33 AM »
I don't remember Majora's Mask having the body of a Polluted Piranha Plant from Super Mario Sunshine.

Nintendo is the king of rehashing shit, particularly with their consoles. The whole OOT3D thing was pretty much a let-down for many, or just some nostalgia spoon-fed at the cost of 30$ and a probable prior purchase of the console that was rehashed.

Example: Nintendo DS>Nintendo DS Lite>Nintendo DSi>Nintendo 3DS

How many consoles do I have to buy before the chain ends? Who knows.
"I'm admin of my own asshole, no one may enter but me" -Wholegrain on vent 12:49:12 AM March 12th 2011

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:13:16 AM »

How many consoles do I have to buy before the chain ends? Who knows.

I dread the day when a new Super Smash Bros. is made, and it is on a console that is no different from the Wii.

And I loved playing my Nintendo 64 Ocarina of Time as a 4 year old. <3

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »
Is it bad when i first played OoT for the first time when i was 6 i was actually scared of OoT xD?
Soon as night fell when you're kid Link this guy scared the crap out of me

Then there was the ReDeads which i thought were just creepy as hell screaming at you

and this guy was just messed up

My opinion, OoT was never a kids game.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:52:17 PM by Smiffy »

Offline ninjarocket

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 02:27:04 PM »
OMG!

I remember those zombie things! they were creepy as shit! LMAO XD

though i was only 12 when i played Legend of zelda n64 on a gamecube :P
I just simply don't care, and I say that with love <3

Offline Travis

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:36:27 PM »
You sir, have touched my softspot. Majora's Mask is the best game in the world. I would buy any remake to play it and to thank Nintendo with my money for creating a game that introduced me to my few but valuable friends. The storyline was so dark, but exciting. The plot was much better than that of OoT(remember, everything in here is the great opinion of Travis), it had funner, emotional, longer sidequests(like Anju and Kafei which ended in the couple reuniting and holding eachother as they waited for the moon to fall) than OoT and just about all Nintendo games. Fucking Zelda for life.
Boobs.

Offline Accan

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 03:07:00 AM »
Yeah i know, those things were awesome. But what i'd be looking for is more violence, darker themes, but same music, basic storyline, etc. Mainly i'm talking about OoT here, because MM was pretty dark in itself. I dunno, i guess i'm just looking for an adult theme. But yeah, LoZ is my favorite series of games to date.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 03:44:08 AM »
Do not touch it, it is perfect.

^ this

and

Nintendo DS>Nintendo DS Lite>Nintendo DSi>Nintendo DSi XL>Nintendo 3Ds.

N64 OoT was one of the best games ever, they're probably remaking it so the new generations can enjoy it, as  well as to squeeze more money out of fans.  No matter what they do, there's no way the DS can match the extraordinary camera controls of the N64 lol.  I'm sad though because I haven't acquired a copy of Majora's Mask yet...  I want to get it on the N64 but I only can find boxed copies and am too cheap for them.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 03:44:08 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal