Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Religion Thread  (Read 42217 times)

Offline Dinomoto

Re: Religion Thread
« Reply #300 on: November 30, 2010, 02:09:58 PM »
im allowed to be a bigot trollface
Phim Bogason

Offline Priest

« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2010, 03:38:39 PM »
Okay. So someone isn't a Christian if they don't believe in all parts of the Bible. But doesn't that make you not a Christian since you don't follow the teachings of the Old Testament?

The Old Testament and Christianity are two separate entities. Christianity never existed in the Old Testament.  Christianity is the teachings of new New Testament after Jesus Christ. The Old Testament is included in the bible as a historical viewpoint of the Jews.

Either everything in the Bible is the word of God or it's not. Make up your mind.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2010, 03:38:39 PM »

Offline Holy

« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2010, 06:05:19 PM »
Okay. So someone isn't a Christian if they don't believe in all parts of the Bible. But doesn't that make you not a Christian since you don't follow the teachings of the Old Testament?

The Old Testament and Christianity are two separate entities. Christianity never existed in the Old Testament.  Christianity is the teachings of new New Testament after Jesus Christ. The Old Testament is included in the bible as a historical viewpoint of the Jews.

Either everything in the Bible is the word of God or it's not. Make up your mind.

What are you talking about? I never mentioned the word of God in my response to you. Read my posts better. Of course it is all the word of God.

why o why do people keep responding to this,

religion sucks, if your part of any religious group or w/e, you have rules to keep and it sucks.

Nice trolling.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
This thread has derailed way off of proper debating. Should either be locked or cleaned up!

**** Bashing a religion does not count as debating. It gets no were. Please try to keep a friendly manner when talking in the debating forum. Saying something sucks is not debating, its an opinion. Please leave your opinions for your self. ****
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:45:27 PM by Inject OH 4 »
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2010, 06:56:59 PM »
You guys are all frigging morons today. Obviously none of you have ever debated before. So lets set this straight.

Debate Suggestions And Rules:

Advice on Debating with Others

1. Avoid the use of Never.
   2. Avoid the use of Always.
   3. Refrain from saying you are wrong.
   4. You can say your idea is mistaken.
   5. Don't disagree with obvious truths.
   6. Attack the idea not the person.
   7. Use many rather than most.
   8. Avoid exaggeration.
   9. Use some rather than many.
  10. The use of often allows for exceptions.
  11. The use of generally allows for exceptions.
  12. Quote sources and numbers.
  13. If it is just an opinion, admit it.
  14. Do not present opinion as facts.
  15. Smile when disagreeing.
  16. Stress the positive.
  17. You do not need to win every battle to win the war.
  18. Concede minor or trivial points.
  19. Avoid bickering, quarreling, and wrangling.
  20. Watch your tone of voice.
  21. Don't win a debate and lose a friend.
  22. Keep your perspective - You're just debating.

You need to be very polite when disagreeing with someone in English, even someone you know quite well.
With someone you know very well, you can disagree more directly.

Now lighten up you bucket of parrots and debate properly. parrot
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Dante

« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2010, 07:06:46 PM »
LOCK!

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2010, 07:48:35 PM »
You guys are all frigging morons today. Obviously none of you have ever debated before. So lets set this straight.

Debate Suggestions And Rules:

Advice on Debating with Others

1. Avoid the use of Never.
   2. Avoid the use of Always.
   3. Refrain from saying you are wrong.
   4. You can say your idea is mistaken.
   5. Don't disagree with obvious truths.
   6. Attack the idea not the person.
   7. Use many rather than most.
   8. Avoid exaggeration.
   9. Use some rather than many.
  10. The use of often allows for exceptions.
  11. The use of generally allows for exceptions.
  12. Quote sources and numbers.
  13. If it is just an opinion, admit it.
  14. Do not present opinion as facts.
  15. Smile when disagreeing.
  16. Stress the positive.
  17. You do not need to win every battle to win the war.
  18. Concede minor or trivial points.
  19. Avoid bickering, quarreling, and wrangling.
  20. Watch your tone of voice.
  21. Don't win a debate and lose a friend.
  22. Keep your perspective - You're just debating.

You need to be very polite when disagreeing with someone in English, even someone you know quite well.
With someone you know very well, you can disagree more directly.

Now lighten up you bucket of parrots and debate properly. parrot

THANK YOU!!!!
 parrot

Offline Holy

« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2010, 09:49:11 PM »
Inject for the win. ^_^

Skieski

« Reply #308 on: November 30, 2010, 10:33:16 PM »
The Bible states that homosexuals should be killed. That you can sell your daughter into slavery. That you cannot wear clothes made of two different materials. And the Bible is the word of God. Therefore, God wants homosexuals killed, for example. God is ancient, all-seeing, all-knowing and all-capable. Why would some of his word be valid, and some of it not? Are you questioning certain aspects of God´s word?

You are correct that the Old Testament is full of violence. I think it just shows how powerful God is and what authority He has. The way you are stating your points it seems (though you may not be) that you are inferring that God just randomly promoted killing and slayed people at random. The people only suffered violence and death because they could not follow God's law or challenged God directly. Every effect has it's cause after all. Think of it like our TTT server. Admins (God) don't randomly slay/ban people for nothing. If a person (sinner) is RDMing or breaks the rules then the Admin (God) takes charge and slays or banishes (damns) the RDMer / rule breaker (sinner.) In a nutshell, our TTT server is like the Old Testament.

When transcending from the OT to the NT the sin is the same and is still there. However, the punishment is different. You are not killed and damned upon committing a sin, instead, if you do not repent, you are damned to eternal suffering. There is also the ability to be forgiven out of the mercy of God in the NT. Even after Jesus died, he went to hell to take with him all the worthy damned people to heaven with him.

Simply put, all the word of God is valid. We are created in His image, if we feel emotion so must he. God is a jealous God whom should be feared and loved. From the OT comes fear, from the NT comes love. Christianity represents the NT, the love. Not to say the fear isn't there.

I never said that God randomly promoted killing people. There was a defined motive for each and every one of his violent actions.

What worries me is that the same God that is now seen as a lovely fatherly figure, warmly looking down at humanity is the same God that one day said "Ok, experiment gone awry. Time to reset" and flooded the entire earth. I simply cannot understand how he could once preach extreme violence, and now preaches love. What brought the change?

I can see however, where you have gotten yourself into. Changing the punishment has made God´s existence a "might be". Since we are all punished after death, and nobody can say what comes after death, there is no viable way, from your viewpoint, to disprove God´s existence.

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2010, 10:47:41 PM »
I can see however, where you have gotten yourself into. Changing the punishment has made God´s existence a "might be". Since we are all punished after death, and nobody can say what comes after death, there is no viable way, from your viewpoint, to disprove God´s existence.

Offline Raunky

« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2010, 11:18:01 PM »
Okay, thread over.  trollface

Offline Holy

« Reply #311 on: December 01, 2010, 12:45:55 AM »
I never said that God randomly promoted killing people. There was a defined motive for each and every one of his violent actions.

What worries me is that the same God that is now seen as a lovely fatherly figure, warmly looking down at humanity is the same God that one day said "Ok, experiment gone awry. Time to reset" and flooded the entire earth. I simply cannot understand how he could once preach extreme violence, and now preaches love. What brought the change?

I cannot answer for God unless He decides to speak through me. If I were to take an educated guess on the matter. I most likely wouldn't be correct. The change came when Jesus was born. What inspired the change is a mystery. Perhaps the world was too far gone and needed a savior. Perhaps it was all part of God's plan for it to go that way. To look at it in perspective, if Jesus never came, the OT would still be happening. If Jesus came and preached what He did and things in the OT still happened, God would be a hypocrite. If God loved for all eternity, there most likely would be no fear of Him or need for Jesus. People would blow God off more if He was always loving. In the end, only God knows the correct answer.

When you say nobody can say what comes after death. I agree. That is where belief sets in, not just for the religious, but the non-religious also. Some believe there is something after death, other believe there is nothing after death. To 'know' is arrogant. Since, after all, there is no way of knowing what happens after death. Well stated. ^_^

Offline Priest

« Reply #312 on: December 01, 2010, 06:21:25 AM »

What are you talking about? I never mentioned the word of God in my response to you. Read my posts better. Of course it is all the word of God.

If your god is infallible and cannot be wrong then the Old Testament is true and you must do as your creator asks.

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #313 on: December 01, 2010, 10:14:22 AM »
OMG DIRTY LOCK DIS SHIT ALREADY
Phim Bogason

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #314 on: December 01, 2010, 10:27:58 AM »
OMG DIRTY LOCK DIS SHIT ALREADY
Just convert this into spam, And no-one will reply abou religion. But only spamming
FUCKYE FOR CAPS LOCL. WANNA KNOW MY WHOLE LIFE STORY.

NO YOU WONT WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS, STOPPIT GODDAMNIT.
AS WE CONTINUE, IAM STILL HAVING CAPSLOCK ON.

BITCHES LOVE CAPSLOCK.

END.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #314 on: December 01, 2010, 10:27:58 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal