CG Administration Section > Admin Department

server box update

(1/7) > >>

Wholegrain:
Notes
320 gigs = 1 mbps

we get 1.6 tb

UPDATE (i accidently already typed this up but i went to another web page and lost it all so im retyping it )
11th i sent in an email about the box to the company
13th i called and left a message regarding the box
14th i started getting frequent emails back (the found my email in the junk folder go figure)
she asked if we would like the contract signed in my name and i replied yes and she asked when we need the box i replied asap

i gave her all my information and emailed her on the 14th and im waiting for a response or to get contracts to sign

we are looking at $65 a month for 5 mbps for 1u rack (what we have) and we will most likely end up having to sign a contract for 3 months or something like that

just thought i should give you an update to those that are anxious to get back to ttt get an rp server css and tf2 up and going

with that said i want to touch on a more serious strategic note

what we are getting into is no turning back and i am going to need the following from cg for a few weeks

for the ttt server the plan is to just get it back to fully populated and staffed Remscar will be in charge of setting it up and where needed a bit of my help (not head admin just splitting tasks among ppl in cg)

Epic will be leading the rp server

the css server Inject is going to set up (NO MANI MOD OR I WILL HONESTLY RAPE U THX FOR THE SERVER BUT I WISH U ILL WITH YOUR MANI MOD XD     mani = gay ppl spamming those noises no working rtv or nominate its all retardedly busted)

the tf2 server however we may keep on hold for a while just for a variety of reasons

1. We dont have the human resources to manage all these servers and get the server and keep them populated.  We are stretched with an rp css and ttt server once we get a community going in all the servers we can start work on the tf2 server but to those that know the only way to have a succesfuly server is to start it up (populate it ) every day and keep it that way so it allows a community to build and it becomes easier and easier to populate as time goes on until it attains self sufficiency (applies in major games only)

also time is up im canceling our nfo server box later today after remscar backs up the server

NinjaMack:
if i have your permission may i set up a scrim team for css? (little off topic)

and im glad to hear were gunna get ttt back :D

Dinomoto:
I'd be happy to help with the TF2 server WG =P

Wholegrain:
@wooper sure talk to inject about that
@dino good to hear ^.^ it may be a lil while before we start investing into the tf2 server fully we may set it up but not really put much into it until the css and ttt server are up and going daily
depends how far we can stretch our resources

Dinomoto:
my time on server has to be shared with zps and kf though (zps more prolly)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version