Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: METAL THREAD V2  (Read 9013 times)

Offline Travis

Re: METAL THREAD V2
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 02:51:04 AM »
Too fucking happy. Must kill self.
Boobs.

G-man

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 02:51:26 AM »
JOHN WTF, GET OUT OF THIS THREAD.

SHAGRATH, SHAGRATH, SHAGRATH!!!!  parrot

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 02:51:26 AM »

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 02:54:29 AM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 02:55:59 AM »
Kwaurtz you need to get your genre's straight. Rhapsody is not progressive metal. Alexi is a homosexual. Look at his guyliner. Even the biggest CoB fans know Alexi has a horrible voice. You can't call someone gay when you listen to that horrible **** core music. That is NOT metal. Get that shit out of the metal thread. Amon Amarth is no where near death metal. They are an extreme metal with no doubt, but not death metal. If you want death metal listen to Gorgoroth or Naglfar.

More about gay ass core music. Any style of music that sings little bitch lyrics and combines it with screams, has more than 2 breakdowns with slow ass drums and drop d tuning, abuses the D note, screams something with lows and then repeats it in highs in a breakdown, has hardcore dancers, contains pig/animal noises, has harmonized guitars making clashing notes in a transition, or has half or more of the audience full of people with straightened hair. That style is GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY. Not metal at ALL. Fucking looking like crab people while playing guitar is so stupid.

Metal is like an apple, everyone hates the core. Death to that false metal.

Sir, I've seen slamdancers at fucking Lamb of God shows, they are ****GOTs of the highest calibur. Also, Amon Amarth instrumental stylings is more closely related to death metals, thus why I said they arent because of their vocal stylings. Rhapsody is not progressive, I don't know why I typed that there, freudian slip honestly. I love Alexi's voice, its rhasp is what I like. Also, its metal whether you like it or not. Arsonists get all the girls is alot better then they used to be, if you've heard their previous two albums, you'd understand why I posted this song off their newest album. As for shit like Gorgoroth, they are black metal. I haven't listend to any Nagflar so I dont know about them. EW FUCKING DIMMU BORGIR BLEH. And Oh look, core is gay because it combines ACTUAL singing with metal? What a fucking shame isn't it? Its fucking terrible that someone tries something new? If you stick to the same routine over and over again you are not gonna go anywhere int he world, bands have to try new things, which is why I like Iwrestledabearonce, they are Avant Garde.

Edit: Now I remember why I couldnt say Amon Amarth was Death Metal fully, they are Melodic Death Metal.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:02:26 AM by Kwaurtz »

G-man

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 02:59:41 AM »
I fucking love the metal debate going on right now. THIS SHOULD BE MOVED OVER TO THE DEBATE SECTION! ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:02:16 AM by G-man »

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 03:03:08 AM »
This is metal to it's extreme core.

G-man

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 03:08:21 AM »
Kwaurtz may I ask what sub-genres of Metal you listen to? And what your fav. bands are?  frogface

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 03:13:44 AM »
Kwaurtz may I ask what sub-genres of Metal you listen to? And what your fav. bands are?  frogface

I listen to anything from:

Death Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Metalcore, Deathcore, Hardcore, Heavy Metal, Groove Metal, Folk Metal, the occasional Gothic Metal. I listen to alot of music besides metal though. Favorite bands would have to be Lamb of God, Iwrestledabearonce, and The Black Dahlia Murder.

Offline Holy

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 03:42:15 AM »
Sir, I've seen slamdancers at fucking Lamb of God shows, they are ****GOTs of the highest calibur. Also, Amon Amarth instrumental stylings is more closely related to death metals, thus why I said they arent because of their vocal stylings. Rhapsody is not progressive, I don't know why I typed that there, freudian slip honestly. I love Alexi's voice, its rhasp is what I like. Also, its metal whether you like it or not. Arsonists get all the girls is alot better then they used to be, if you've heard their previous two albums, you'd understand why I posted this song off their newest album. As for shit like Gorgoroth, they are black metal. I haven't listend to any Nagflar so I dont know about them. EW FUCKING DIMMU BORGIR BLEH. And Oh look, core is gay because it combines ACTUAL singing with metal? What a fucking shame isn't it? Its fucking terrible that someone tries something new? If you stick to the same routine over and over again you are not gonna go anywhere int he world, bands have to try new things, which is why I like Iwrestledabearonce, they are Avant Garde.

Edit: Now I remember why I couldnt say Amon Amarth was Death Metal fully, they are Melodic Death Metal.

Extreme Metal is metal that can be identified as closely related but not quite Death/Black Metal. Amon Amarth even label themselves extreme metal. Music wise, Amon Amarth isn't black metal, the audio quality is way too good for them to be considered a traditional black metal band. I do agree slam dancers are the essence of ****gotry in any music styles.

CoB is a metal band, they are not black metal though. I in every way, as said before, love Alexi's guitar work, the vocals just kill it for me, that is a personal opinion. AMEN to you saying EW FUCKING DIMMU BORGIR. They are sell outs. Old dimmu was good, now the new shit sounds ways too digital.

I am not saying that singing can't go with metal. It's what core music sings about as well as how male vocals sound that makes them gay... that and everything else I listed. Core is differant, so differant that it isn't metal. Even metalcore is not metal. Core music is full of posers that try to act like hard asses but when faced with a real metal-head, they would get their asses handed to them. All they do is talk shit, mainly behind people's backs and can never man up to anything. That's what sets me off about core music.. me being nice with the next statement.. it's a girl music style.

The only song i've ever liked by IWABO is Cat's Pajamas, other than that the songs are just random ass noise for the most part. Now I may be wrong since I havent had the intrest in listening to them. Their music video for kevin bacon was pretty funny. All and all I just consider them a joke that is meant to make people laugh.

I posted a Naglfar song on the first page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBSelDbxWOE#

I'm sure you will like it since you like melodic death metal.. check out 1:25 into it and listen to the guitar, badass as fuck.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 03:47:22 AM »
Eh, I have to lay down the verdict that they have to be a european black metal band. Not really death metal.  In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, and At the Gates are melodic death metal,  Cryptopsy, Edge of Sanity, Opeth, Origin and Sadist. Cynic, Atheist, Pestilence and Gorguts are technical death metal, and  Autopsy, Necrophagia, Master, Morbid Angel, Massacre, Atheist, Obituary and Cannibal Corpse are all death metal just plain and cut.

G-man

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 03:56:38 AM »
By god, I've learned so much.  jawdrop

*bows down to Kwaurtz and Holy*

Offline Holy

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 04:00:24 AM »
The guitarist in my band is more of a death metal head than I am. I am going to show him that post and let him post here at band practice tommorow. You may enjoy what he has to say. He can better define what is and isn't death metal and give better examples than I ever could. My cup of tea is

Dark Tranquillity is a amazing symphonic metal. Misery's Crown by them is evidence that singing can exist in metal and it still be metal.

Haha g-man. Metal is a genre which demands a level of respect and knowledge. People who think all metal is screamo should be killed on sight in my opinion. You can't go around wearing corpse paint and not be black metal without having a horde of metal heads after you.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:02:20 AM by Holy »

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 08:11:46 AM »
i am guessing it is time for me to post my list?
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Children Of Bodom - Downfall
In Flames - Bullet Ride.
till this day i can't listened to this song unless it has that litle sound in the start, if it doesnt it ruins the whole song for me XD
System Of A Down - Johnny #5

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

Re: The most heaviest heavy metal. Ever.
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 08:23:33 AM »
This is actually the heaviest of the heaviest heavy metal.

Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris

You don't even joke like that.
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Raunky

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 06:26:56 PM »
No offense intended, but you guys listen to some weak ass shit.
Try listening to some metal with class, not Cannibal Corpse and newer Satyricon, and especially not metalcore.
That being said, Mirrorthrone for your heathan ears.
Mirrorthrone - A Scream To Express The Hate Of A Race

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 06:26:56 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal