Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Conjoint Gaming's 5 Days Of Christmas  (Read 3966 times)

Offline Inject OH 4

Conjoint Gaming's 5 Days Of Christmas
« on: December 15, 2017, 09:55:49 AM »
It's that time of year. We are coming up on Christmas again which also means we are coming up on the new year.
A few things I'd like to mention some of which I may have noted to you before.

Some people wanted or want CG to come back. That is a difficult thing. For a few reasons. As many of you knew ConvictGaming was always a close community to us. They actually helped us start way way back. They were huge and many of you probably don't know this but they are dead now too! I will however note that there community website now more recently brings you to an ominous 47 day counter. And they did post why they died on their Steam page, which had to do mostly around the way valve has been killing off community's and community servers. But if you are interested in that click the follow link here. Also there was a almost new break in the gaming world. A new generation was born and we weren't quite with it. The move from TeamSpeak to discord was a necessary make that we never did granted we didn't quite live long enough for that. The scene has changed. Barely any of the top 10 Popular games today allow for community run servers or community run fun to exist. There is little to know community in the new gaming world. If you search around you'll notice most of if not all of your old favorite gaming communities have finally died off or become something very different from what you remember them to be. Although this isn't our exact cause of death it did happen around the same time, so I think our ultimate demise was around the corner anyways.

So the age old question.... Will ConjointGaming come back?

Honestly? It's hard to say. If I'm being serious then it's probably a good idea to wait and see how ConvictGaming handles it tbh. If what they do looks like it's working we MIGHT try to work around copying that idea, but even then it would take a lot of support from past members, which is hard to say if we'd be able to get. Many people have got older, moved on to new things. Some of you don't even play games anymore. Hell, some of you may not even be alive anymore (Just Kidding Cadaver) haha, but seriously who knows we had a lot of members. The point of the matter is ConjointGaming was great while it lasted. But it's over, for now. And since all great things must come to an end.

I am today

MARKING THIS....

THE

FINAL

NOTE

This will be the last year CG Exist. If after 1 year from this date ConjointGaming does not show sings of change. The domain will be redirected to one of my other projects. Therefore this will be the last year and maybe the last CG event.

5 Days, of Conjoint Gaming Christmas.

In the coming days I will post of how this will work, but the 5 days prior to Christmas, we (I) will be giving away gifts to members of CG (Coreybush? lol).

So stay tuned to find out how and have fun. Long Live CG.

:(

-Game On-
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Coreybush11

Re: Conjoint Gaming's 5 Days Of Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 12:33:48 AM »
this is sad  :'( :'( :'(

alas  :dab500:

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 12:33:48 AM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 12:23:45 PM »
I think a resurgence could be a thing, but I feel the issues are:
- an old clan name / the confusion with sounding like CVG
- cluttered forum that looks busy with dead threads
- the current servers are practically retro

It's pretty easy to get a community up and running with and newcomers off the servers, and getting anyone on the forums seems pointless at this point but- it'd be nice to have a clean little section- like maybe somehow we throw up some new colors on the forum and move all the old stuff into a subsection with only a few boards like:

Welcome Board
Common Discussion
Gaming
 - ZPS
 -Gmod
 -potatoes
Technical Help
Trash/Spam

Now it's hard to just go and change the whole name of ConjointGaming after all this time, but. Either which way the brand is dying/dead- and coming up with a new name isn't easy and nobody would agree on anything- but still. I was thinking if we keep the clan tag which oldbois will recognize, but change the actual group to something like "crumpet gaming" that's a step.. but again, meh.

I've had a few people pop up and want to be admin and have interest in running the server too- kind of like how I popped up and became head admin back in SKG- and if I can get traction like that on ZPS despite how little attention I've put into it over the years- I'm sure we could get something decent going on other servers. My first question is what are the kids even playing these days?

PUBG is still pretty huge- a server or two for that might be fun..

BUT ANYWHOOZLE. I'd be interested in helping out- I have free time for once in my life after quitting my car sales job, so..
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 06:57:51 PM »
Minecraft server? I agree cleaning up, maybe unbanning some peeps, modernizing the forum a bit.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 02:37:04 AM »

It's pretty easy to get a community up and running with and newcomers off the servers, and getting anyone on the forums seems pointless at this point but- it'd be nice to have a clean little section- like maybe somehow we throw up some new colors on the forum and move all the old stuff into a subsection with only a few boards like:

Welcome Board
Common Discussion
Gaming
 - ZPS
 -Gmod
 -potatoes
Technical Help
Trash/Spam

Now it's hard to just go and change the whole name of ConjointGaming after all this time, but. Either which way the brand is dying/dead- and coming up with a new name isn't easy and nobody would agree on anything- but still. I was thinking if we keep the clan tag which oldbois will recognize, but change the actual group to something like "crumpet gaming" that's a step.. but again, meh.

I've had a few people pop up and want to be admin and have interest in running the server too- kind of like how I popped up and became head admin back in SKG- and if I can get traction like that on ZPS despite how little attention I've put into it over the years- I'm sure we could get something decent going on other servers. My first question is what are the kids even playing these days?

BUT ANYWHOOZLE. I'd be interested in helping out- I have free time for once in my life after quitting my car sales job, so..
Highly disagree pillz tbh. I can almost guarantee that CVG vs CG has no been a deciding factor in why CG hasn't come back. Lets not forget I just said CVG is dead anyways. Both communities have been all but forgetten at this point anyways. And how does a busy forum scare people off? If anything busy attracts better then a dead forum with no post. Some cleaning could be done but this is after all a forum not reddit. Forums were always designed to be an achieve. Gives better SEO sometimes too.

Yes, the servers are "retro" but that's because no one plays community ran servers anymore. Everyones caught up on PUBG, CSGO, and other non community oriented games. Not to mention most old CG members don't even play video games that much if at all anymore. For CG to come back we'd have to aim it at NEW MEMBERS not old. But as I said with what servers? ZPS while you may love it makes you sound as old as I do when talking about forums. ZPS is old ZPS is dead. In comparison to any other game

Look if after all this you wanan run a ZPS, server I'll support you, you can run it under what ever you want. Crumpet gameing or w/e. I'll help you do that. that's fine. But other then that I don't see CG coming back in any of your mentioned ways.

Can't read all ur stuff atm tho very busy.

ALSO I did get you message on steam Really busy bouncing around but I'll try to do that soon Xmas and all.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Pillz

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 11:22:00 AM »

Welcome Board
Common Discussion
Gaming
 - ZPS
 -Gmod
 -potatoes
Technical Help
Trash/Spam

Highly disagree pillz tbh. I can almost guarantee that CVG vs CG has no been a deciding factor in why CG hasn't come back. Lets not forget I just said CVG is dead anyways. Both communities have been all but forgetten at this point anyways. And how does a busy forum scare people off? If anything busy attracts better then a dead forum with no post. Some cleaning could be done but this is after all a forum not reddit. Forums were always designed to be an achieve. Gives better SEO sometimes too.

I mean that's kind of what I was saying, minus the CVG thing- I didn't know what you were originally referencing in teh first post about them but now I see. I personally am just tired of conjoint-gaming as it's lost its meaning to me, i think we picked about this somewhere before recently though; and to be fair no new name will have any decent meaning without sounding stupid or over-the-top so- that's the least of my worries though.

The forum doesn't need to be exploded and deleted- I'm just saying it needs cleaning because when you look at the boards and see 2012 or 2013, it's like 'o wow'. No it doesn't really deter people from posting, but it would please my visual pallete to have some of those cut and pasted to a dead forum area- as we don't need things like "CG Youtube" on the main forum page anymore for example. Then there's the matter of people digging through 5 year old posts and necroing, which I personally wouldn't mind but is a pet peeve to some and would probably happen a bit. I also imagine some of those last posts were filled with drama and anarchy with all the craziness that happened back then, and while I chuckle at the thought of newbies reading our old drama- it shouldn't be something they just stumble upon trying to post in the common discussion board or whatever- ya know?

I know you're not exactly smiling at the idea of doing any of this yourself, and I'd be happy to do some cleaning myself- just food for thot's

Yes, the servers are "retro" but that's because no one plays community ran servers anymore. Everyones caught up on PUBG, CSGO, and other non community oriented games. Not to mention most old CG members don't even play video games that much if at all anymore. For CG to come back we'd have to aim it at NEW MEMBERS not old. But as I said with what servers? ZPS while you may love it makes you sound as old as I do when talking about forums. ZPS is old ZPS is dead. In comparison to any other game

Yeah lol I'm not saying we need zps servers to revive CG- we need new games and new people, that's why I mentioned PUBG and asked what's hip these days- cause the younger folk who even play on the ZPS server while I hardly even play- they are willing to help and admin- there's always eager young bucks looking for power.

ZPS was deadish- with 4-10 servers active on a good day- but since the update there are 20+ servers active sometimes, so I'm trying to capitalize on that BUT I NEED YA HELP WITH THE DANG SERVRBOX when ya get a chance, some ZPS people think we need to run Steam on the serverbox if that's even possible.

Look if after all this you wanan run a ZPS, server I'll support you, you can run it under what ever you want. Crumpet gameing or w/e. I'll help you do that. that's fine. But other then that I don't see CG coming back in any of your mentioned ways.

Yeah- CG aint comin back period if we don't start throwing shit at the wall until it sticks tho, ya digg?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:25:05 AM by Pillz »

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 11:35:33 PM »
Well, Merry Christmas and I wish you all good luck to your future stuff.
Phim Bogason

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 04:58:35 AM »
Well, Merry Christmas and I wish you all good luck to your future stuff.

Thanks dino and to you the same.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 07:28:29 AM »
If there was a few more people I would have tried giving out a few games, but I'll try to do something on Christmas.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 04:25:35 PM »
If there was a few more people I would have tried giving out a few games, but I'll try to do something on Christmas.

Yeah. I had some oldbois on the server last night, me Doc Mentalist, Kingtrue and Slywilliam were all tearing it up on ZPS- it felt like 2012 all over again. Hoping to keep some mild interest and get people here again. If I had a script for advertisements I could put the forum advertisement up but nooOOOooo

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 12:07:35 PM »
 trollface RIP CG may the good times forever remain in the past lmao

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 12:07:35 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Careful what you post. Forum rules still apply in the shoutbox!
  • Inject OH 4: And yes thank you very much Finnie! You are a champion xP
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:12 PM
  • Inject OH 4: Hey abrys agreed we should.
    March 22, 2024, 05:59:02 PM
  • Finniespin: Totally not a spam-bot, also totally not a limited time offer
    March 03, 2024, 05:25:06 PM
  • Finniespin: Anyone looking for a datacenter technician job? We got postings available around US and Europe (EMEA)
    February 17, 2024, 07:23:12 AM
  • Finniespin: https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/jobs/results/118336179041903302-data-center-technician-global-server-operations
    February 17, 2024, 07:20:25 AM
  • Finniespin: Gave Inject 50 euros to pay for fees ^^
    February 17, 2024, 07:17:42 AM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: we gotta get the crew together again one day and hang, add me on discord: ogarbies
    February 12, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
  • xXArbysOvenMittXx: yo who is still paying for this lol
    February 12, 2024, 06:19:47 PM
  • Klondor: wow CG still lives, mind blown
    February 09, 2024, 05:13:53 AM
  • Finniespin: The website is back online!!!
    February 06, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • Inject OH 4: xD
    January 14, 2024, 05:55:44 PM
  • Finniespin: Get a load of this guy
    December 16, 2023, 09:16:03 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Sure
    December 09, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
  • HailToTheKing: cum shot . and cum shot. an d cum shot
    December 01, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
  • Finniespin: ffuck
    November 24, 2023, 03:43:47 PM
  • Inject OH 4: ee
    October 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM
  • Sly: dd
    August 09, 2023, 03:13:48 AM
  • Inject OH 4: cc
    August 03, 2023, 09:51:36 PM
  • Finniespin: bb
    August 02, 2023, 06:12:50 PM
  • Inject OH 4: aa
    July 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM
  • Shikaru: Been a very long time
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:04 PM
  • Shikaru: Oh wow my account is STILL active :)
    February 20, 2023, 05:42:00 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: yooo we got a lovense sponsor???
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:43 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: holy shit
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
  • Napoleon BonaPARTY: oh wow its still here
    December 16, 2022, 03:45:21 PM
  • HailToTheKing: legends never die
    October 16, 2022, 01:28:09 PM
  • Live Bait: Oh wow. Still remember my old password.
    September 23, 2022, 08:37:38 AM
  • Mr_Rainbow: Still alive. Hope all is well with everyone this Christmas
    December 09, 2021, 03:31:04 AM
  • SlyWilliam: Much love, from our MC server to our ZPS server <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
  • SlyWilliam: For the record, I don't REALLY remember all of you, but goddamn do I MISS all of you <3
    December 07, 2021, 10:23:10 PM
  • Pyro: parrot
    September 07, 2021, 05:23:18 AM
  • Inject OH 4: Do you mean for people that haven't come on in a long time and have to reagree?
    August 02, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
  • Inject OH 4: I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:54 PM
  • Inject OH 4: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/323969454050377729/871930017595133963/unknown.png
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:45 PM
  • Inject OH 4: @SlowLefty I'll look into it.
    August 02, 2021, 11:38:02 PM
  • Ghast: Hope everyone from CG is doing well. :)
    June 25, 2021, 10:38:49 AM
  • Ghast: damn, inject still has this site running eh.
    June 25, 2021, 10:37:38 AM
  • SlowLefty: The javascript for the updated user agreement is broken, I had to use html inspector to add the submit button.
    April 16, 2021, 10:09:58 PM
  • JohnCyKlopZ: hey guys
    March 31, 2021, 08:45:24 AM
  • Mercy: Lol it's been 10 years since you last asked
    March 24, 2021, 01:18:52 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal