Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This was considered music  (Read 2219 times)

Offline DBag

This was considered music
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:27:26 AM »
So this song was apparently a big part of 20th century music that I had to learn about it in Music Appreciation. I do not understand why this would ever be considered music. There is no meter, no key if there is a key I can't find it. I have no idea what the motive is supposed to be, because there is no recurring melody I don't think there is one. This is just a trainwreck of sounds, enjoy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7AIiTeKBUc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7AIiTeKBUc</a>
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Leetgrain

Re: This was considered music
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 11:27:46 AM »
You can find music in ambience, hence ambient music :P
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 11:27:46 AM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 11:44:24 AM »
If you think THAT's bad, try listening to free jazz ;D

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Soulfly

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 03:18:51 PM »
Feels like its something to show off stereo sound xD
Must be about at that time it was invented?

Offline Billy

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 03:55:58 PM »
Yo this is swag as fuck.

10/10 would post to facebook and laugh at the hipsters' inferior taste in music
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »
Poème électronique (English Translation: "Electronic Poem") is an 8-minute piece of electronic music by composer Edgard Varèse, written for the Philips Pavilion at the 1958 Brussels World’s Fair. The Philips corporation commissioned Le Corbusier to design the pavilion, which was intended as a showcase of their engineering progress. Le Corbusier came up with the title Poème électronique, saying he wanted to create a "poem in a bottle". Varèse composed the piece with the intention of creating a liberation between sounds and as a result uses noises not usually considered "musical" throughout the piece.

The pavilion was shaped like a stomach, with a narrow entrance and exit on either side of a large central space. As the audience entered and exited the pavilion, the electronic composition Concret PH by Iannis Xenakis (who also acted as Le Corbusier's architectural assistant for the pavilion's design) was heard. Poème électronique was synchronized to a film of black and white photographs selected by Le Corbusier which touched on vague themes of human existence. Le Corbusier's original concept called for a pause in the film while his voice was heard, speaking directly to the audience. However, Varèse objected to the idea that Le Corbusier's voice would be played over his composition, and the idea was abandoned.

The interior of the pavilion was also lit by a constantly changing pattern of colored lights, and in addition to the film, three separate projectors showed additional still photos on the walls.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 04:45:34 PM »
Dat wikipasting skillz
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 08:04:54 PM »
Now compare and contrast to the master of meaningful complexity himself...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV_OBk8B0kU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV_OBk8B0kU</a>
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline raddude-pancake ruler

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 12:01:16 AM »
When stupid stuff like "This Is Just To Say" is well known and famous I'm not surprised.
According to these results my milkshake is bringing an average of 80 to 90 percent of the boys to my yard.

"..Thinking about jabbing you in the eye with it right now. -_-"
"did you really just threaten to stab someone over a dlc debate?"
"You're the reason People hate furries Rad" -TicTac
"What kind of freaking moron would quote them self"-raddude

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 12:01:16 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal