Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [NMRIH] Fluff branching out  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Fluffalupagus

[NMRIH] Fluff branching out
« on: December 08, 2013, 04:20:19 AM »
In game name: Mr. Fluffalupagus

Were you recommended by an admin? If so state the name: Nope, not really.
Global Moderator Comment Me, assuming he is allowed to apply for this position, I thought I'd read somewhere that an admin can apply for 2 servers max as a regular. I could be wrong. -Red

What country are you from (and time zone): Canada, land of the ice and snow. Central time zone. :)

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018630089

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29182180

Do you have past admin experience: Yessir. Proud Hidden admin for several months.

What makes you want to apply for an admin: There was a hole that needed to be filled. I love the game, I'd rather build a community on it than see the servers go down.

What admin-like qualities do you possess: I'm Fluffy. <3 Uhhhh, fair and good natured?

Do you use a Microphone: Sir, yes sir.

Please list at least 3 CG rules in your own words and why they're important to CG: So I'm not totally sure what this means, like if I can take rules from any part of the community or what... But the ones I'm most familiar with are the Hidden rules, so I'll stick to that. ;)
1.) Treat everybody with respect. Seriously. Number one rule for a flippin reason. (Hidden seems to attract vast amounts of unsavory people...) But in order to have a good, fun game then you need to respect people. Admins are there to make sure people are having fun and not ruining it for other people. That's it that's all. Our job basically comes down to this rule.
2.) No racism or derogatory terms. Again, don't ruin another player's day. They come to our servers hoping to have a good time and I'd rather they didn't have their day shit on by another player.
3.) Listen to the admins. This is the only way we can do our job effectively without throwing the banhammer around the room and smacking everybody in the ass. If you co-operate with us, then you might save yourself a trip to the banlist. And we save ourselves a little bit of work. Everyone wins.

Additional Notes: I would like it known that this does not mean I would be leaving the Hidden admin group. I just felt like there was a gap needing to be filled and thought "Hey, why not." I mean, if I can build up a decent community in time, then they can fill the admin gap as well, right?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 04:52:06 AM by Dark ÉŒed »

Offline Christovski

Re: [NMRIH] Fluff branching out
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 04:32:46 AM »
I was under the impression only Vets can have admin on multiple servers

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 04:32:46 AM »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 04:38:01 AM »
I was under the impression only Vets can have admin on multiple servers
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Fluffalupagus

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 05:48:40 AM »
Alrighty. So if I take a leave of absence from Hidden for a little bit until I'm promoted to Vet, that would be alright? In order to take admin up on the NMRIH servers?

Offline DBag

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 06:10:42 AM »
either way NMRIH is in need of some people on it. I think the rules can be bent slightly for this reason. either way +1 from me. He really wants to get these servers going again so I say give him a chance
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 06:57:08 AM »
Honestly, with the trouble with the NMRIH server. I say there should be some leeway with the rules. In my eyes. I'd say if you wanted to do this you'd have to focus almost all of your efforts onto NMRIH to start with, get the server a little more attention, that kind of thing. If you're more than willing to do that, you've got a +1 from me.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Fluffalupagus

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 07:15:32 AM »
At this point in time, these servers are looking towards being taken down and replaced. And I really do like this game, I'd rather have the CG servers stay up. I was really active on them before the whole bed bug fiasco, and now that I'm getting back into the swing of things I really wouldn't mind putting myself shoulder deep in fixing these servers. I do like the game, and I'm planning on being active on them to get a community going whether or not I get admin. (I'd need the servers fixed in order to do that though. XD)

Offline DBag

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 08:06:37 AM »
Serious here. Fluff for NMRIH HA
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Christovski

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 02:18:49 PM »
Honestly, with the trouble with the NMRIH server. I say there should be some leeway with the rules.

This has been said in the past, like people applying to double-admin between their server and the dying TF2, but that never was allowed then so I'm just trying to point out issues that have been run into in the past.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Fluffalupagus

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 05:51:59 PM »
Honestly, with the trouble with the NMRIH server. I say there should be some leeway with the rules.

This has been said in the past, like people applying to double-admin between their server and the dying TF2, but that never was allowed then so I'm just trying to point out issues that have been run into in the past.

Except if it really is a problem, I'm willing to leave my server behind and transfer over. The Hidden servers are absolutely golden for admins at this point. Losing one wouldn't be much of a problem, but the NMRIH servers are in dire need of admins seeing as there isn't a single one.

Offline Blue Belladonna

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 06:35:59 PM »
I believe if Fluff is willing to put in the time into the server why not let him admin two servers? Defiantly a +1 from me.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 06:41:28 PM »
0 - Fluff's a good guy,a nd this isn't about his performance, those servers should go.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 07:38:23 PM »
If its allowed, +1. NMRIH needs admins, and fluff has always been a good one.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Pyro

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 03:24:48 PM »

Great admin for sure, but in my opinion the NMRiH servers should be taken down.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 04:19:24 PM »
Well; the way I see it he either forfeits his admin on Hidden and switches to NMRiH, and perhaps works towards HA/a for NMRiH. That or you wait until you get Veteran admin on Hidden, and if nobody's taken the servers down then you can have admin on the NMRiH servers. Until then you can continue to play on both servers, and ACT as an admin on the NMRiH servers; posting ban requests on the forum and the such, as long as you keep your hours in Hidden up.

Ideally this dual dedication should help you reach Veteran sooner anyway.

If there are people playing the game, there are people who can be brought into CG. Those people could become admins and perhaps we could do more for NMRiH. Discussion on taking the servers down can continue elsewhere, not on someone's app please. If we have a willing member of the community wanting to admin there, we should give them a LITTLE more time.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 04:19:24 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal