Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Finding a laptop  (Read 5843 times)

Offline crovv

Finding a laptop
« on: September 27, 2013, 01:17:54 AM »
Help Request Subject: Buying a Laptop

Specific people needed to read this: People who know good gaming

Summarize help request in one sentence: I'm looking for a gaming laptop (PC, preferably) to replace this: .

[Before anyone is going to troll me for having a MacBook, it used to be purely for school and video editing and writing, not for gaming, and I was comfortable using a Mac for editing because of my video class. So shut up. parrot]

Additional Info: Can anyone help me pick out a laptop? /r/SuggestALaptop is no help what-so-ever unless you go by what people already said. I'm looking at at the Sager NP8235 (Clevo P151SM1) right now, and it seems like what I want, but by going by what they said, I need to raise the price from 1200 to 1500ish to get what I want out of it.

TL;DR: I want an upgrade or replacement that will be good for video/picture editing (and maybe recording), coding, school, and gaming.

Importance level(low,medium,high): High, as I won't be able to play many/any Steam games on this  laptop, which will render me pretty useless to the CG community.

Steam related?: Sorta.

Offline IsYn Wooley

Re: Finding a laptop
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »
Your first mistake...Gaming on a laptop! -_-

But really, if you need to game on a laptop then you need to look at Sager or Clevo laptops. These are what Alienware uses so you can get a sweet rig that is as powerful as all, but won;t pay the premium of having a fucking alien sticker on the side of it.

I also suggest checking out the Dell Online Outlet.

When someone buys a system and they are not happy with it, they return it right away, dell cannot sell it new so you get a great price cut.  Or if it gets a scratch on it. Like WTF cares if the damn plastic has a scratch. (Well you are a MAC user so maybe, but really it does not effect the PC)

Good luck,
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »

Offline crovv

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 01:08:24 PM »
Your first mistake...Gaming on a laptop! -_-

But really, if you need to game on a laptop then you need to look at Sager or Clevo laptops. These are what Alienware uses so you can get a sweet rig that is as powerful as all, but won;t pay the premium of having a fucking alien sticker on the side of it.

I also suggest checking out the Dell Online Outlet.

When someone buys a system and they are not happy with it, they return it right away, dell cannot sell it new so you get a great price cut.  Or if it gets a scratch on it. Like WTF cares if the damn plastic has a scratch. (Well you are a MAC user so maybe, but really it does not effect the PC)

Good luck,

Blame my parents for treating me like a 12 year old :P

But yeah, I need a laptop for school and stuff, so I also game on it; I do have a PC my brother built for me and I'm looking into upgrading as time goes on, but my mom insists on not letting me make my own decisions about whether or not I have said PC at my new house, so I had to leave it behind for the time being.

Thanks for the help

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 08:23:40 PM »
Try Asusg75vw.

fits your price range, and requirements.
Great performance.
Rarely crashes on me when I play bf3, run AutoCad or Revit.

Drawback is that it's a massive laptop, about 17" by 14".
The battery life is at least 2-3hours.
Weighs quite a bit.

Offline Kingseason

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 07:37:41 AM »

What is it to read the information into knowledge so too. I like it a lot because I'm not that good.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 01:21:24 PM »

What is it to read the information into knowledge so too. I like it a lot because I'm not that good.

WHY IS HOW WHERE WHEN THOU BESTOW THY FAR FETCHED WISDOM?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Red

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 06:24:55 AM »

Yes answer why too not who.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Dante

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 09:12:05 PM »

How do our we real what aren't know real eyes is?

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 06:47:29 PM »

How do our we real what aren't know real eyes is?

I wouldn't go as far to become that which isn't really even is where doesn't even do.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 06:47:29 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal