Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RPGs, Roleplaying, and Other Such Matters  (Read 935 times)

Offline crovv

RPGs, Roleplaying, and Other Such Matters
« on: August 26, 2013, 11:13:34 PM »
Hey guys; I'm an aspiring author and as I began writing fiction I got into roleplaying on certain forums online, in video games, making YouTube videos, and playing games like RISK and D&D with an emphasis on roleplaying. Such is the way of things, roleplaying has always been a thing I've enjoyed, and have, in the past, tried to start up a D&D-type setup over Skype/TS/Vent with my friends. I've also tried to delve into game design but the ideas I have are either too large-scale or would only appeal to a niche, so I haven't presented those ideas to anyone. Therefore, I'm making this post...

...Which comes in two parts:

1) Do you guys have any good RPGs/D&D websites (or games)/etc. that would fit this? Perhaps a certain side of GMod or other mods that have a good community?

2) Would anyone be interested in starting a voice-chat RP? I've posted my idea for a general format under a spoiler for all interested.

Spoiler for Hidden:
There would be one God player - a dungeon-master, overlord, whatever the term may be - that controls the NPCs, "AI"-type units, as well as being in charge of using a RNG (or sites like roll dice online, which I got from a simple search, or some other way that'd make sure there was no cheating). This player would act as the dungeon-master, controlling the way the story/scenario runs and making sure everyone is playing to his/her rules and not breaking anyone's immersion by god-modding/power-gaming/meta-gaming and other fancy RP rules.

One scenario I have that isn't a D&D scenario is playing board games like RISK, Diplomacy, Civilization, and others that use countries instead of characters, only without the board. You would lead a country and make decisions on different things, grow into a more powerful nation, perhaps invade a few other countries, and would have to use diplomacy and war to sort out your problems instead of in character-based RPs where you can just attack someone and one of you will end up either dead, mortally wounded, or badly injured.

That got a bit ranty.

Anyway, point is that I would like to delve into this if someone else is as interested in RP and has a game they'd like to share with other people or perhaps has some free time to join a chat/voice-chat RP.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Hey look I have another side of me that isn't just playing TTT all day discofrog

Offline Dante

Re: RPGs, Roleplaying, and Other Such Matters
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 11:28:56 PM »
Me, corey and a few others actually play Table top RPGS. Like 3.5, Deadlands, Pathfinder .etc I would do an online rp.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 11:28:56 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 11:48:04 PM »
IRL it is so much better, my sisters fiancee DM's via skype to a group of friends in CT and he finds it difficult at times.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 11:48:34 PM »
Neverwinter Nights 1 has a large RP community, for the most part. Hit me up on steam (coreybush11) if you want to drop ten bucks on it.

Offline Fluffalupagus

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 01:03:03 AM »
Well hell. I used to DM for a group in town. (Things got nasty when my girlfriend who was in the group turned into an ex and I was forced to be the better person and leave my seat for someone else.) I would 100% love to do a voice chat RP. :D I'll keep an eye out to see if this is actually gonna happen.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 01:03:03 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal