CG Waste And Etc... > Voice Server

Teamspeak 3 - A Huge Success? Do we make a move?

(1/5) > >>

Inject OH 4:
As you can see within under a week our TeamSpeak 3 server has been shooting up in popularity. Following the fall of our old ventrilo this has happened. And frankly it's been quite a while since I've seen even our Ventrilo have 10+ People in it at once. So to me it currently appears that our teamspeak 3 server may be more of a success and more popular then our old ventrilo server.

Hear are a few benefits:
     * Bans are more easily placed as permanent (A simple IP change won't always get around bans like it does in vent)
     * Ban durations can be set (Bans can be a specified time to correlate with another CG ban perhaps)
     * WAY LESS Exploits. (Vent with a simple audio file on a clients end could crash every user in the channel, Also many other exploits such as spamming comment change, adding millions of accounts, non stop paging, etc etc)
     * Customization!!! (Double Edged Sword...)
          - Each channel has links on the side to the servers that will automatically open then up and send you in.
          - Change voice Codec per channel (Great for music channels)
          - Advance user permissions (Difficult to setup the way you want at first but great once you do)
          - Custom icons per channel and per user group
          - More advance admin power
     * Free 32 Slot server

Now this all sounds great but we also have the disadvantages

Some disadvantages:
     * Far more difficult initial setup (User end), many options.
     * Advance user permissions (Difficult to setup the way you want at first but great once you do)
     * Users tend to not want to switch from 1 software to another (put lightly ventrilo <3)
     * Users can have any avatar they want
     * Some features are not default that should be
     * Difficult layout
     * More steps to connect
     * Different voice codec

In the end it's up to you community. Which do you like more. Personally I don't care to much. I like both. I see both of their advantages. Which ever option you chose we will keep TeamSpeak online. So if we get a ventrilo you can still get on our teamspeak server. Simply because it's free and not a bother to us.

If we do get a ventrilo.

We will get about a $4 per month charge (on a 20 slot server *Approx).

So community... What do you think?

Kwaurtz:
TS3 does have some nice things, but half of the ventrillo base refuse to join, and some of the dota 2 members have offered to help pay for the vent/.

IrishBandit:
Teamspeak has far more features and is far more secure than ventrilo for a tiny amount of hassle. Don't put up a vent server.

TowerSheep:
All the main vent users are joining Teamspeak as well as some new people. I'd say keep it, it's clearly worth it.

crovv:
I vote keep Teamspeak.

--- Quote from: crovv link=10407.msg138221 ---
--- Quote ---from all the voice clients i have used i prefer vent. i found mumble having too much unnecessary shit for me to sift through.

--- End quote ---
Agree. I haven't really used my mic on CG but in bigger games like GW2 or PS2 I'd use Vent because the community I had used it and after using the others, as well, I preferred vent.

--- End quote ---

Shush, old me, I've changed my mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version