Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: can i be back?  (Read 3470 times)

Offline ANONYMOUS

can i be back?
« on: August 14, 2013, 07:32:14 PM »
well i've decided that i wanna try to be an admin for the hidden after all i do always play it so i wanted to see if i could still try to be an admin because you know both admins that i know they are not always avilable and well the team killers get away wit it ;/ but its cool :) that why i wanna try my best to be admin well if you guys accept me...

Offline CashPrizes

Re: can i be back?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 12:03:29 AM »
5 posts only and you'd like to become admin?

Don't see you on regularly.

We have ACTIVE hidden administrators, and yes, the spelling and punctuation needs a boost haha.

NOTE:

We have something beautiful called ban requests. You should consider looking into that if a problem does arise and ZERO admins are available (which never really happens). I guess you can add me on Steam and go from there.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cashprizes
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:05:24 AM by CashPrizes »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 12:03:29 AM »

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 12:13:53 AM »
I gave up halfway through.

Offline CashPrizes

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 12:15:35 AM »
I gave up halfway through.

I literally LOL'd when reading your comment. Thanks broski! <3

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 12:57:55 AM »
You guys should be making him feel welcome >.>

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline CashPrizes

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 01:01:33 AM »
I'm following Skies's lead.

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 01:15:55 AM »
You guys should be making him feel welcome >.>

I'd try to make him feel welcome, but I'm not even sure if this is an introduction. At a first glance it looks like a horribly redacted Admin App. The only things that I gather from his post is that A) He plays a lot B) He wants to be an admin. That's it. Indeed, he has already introduced himself to the community in the past. There's nothing wrong with doing it again (although it is a tad odd) but not for the sake of getting admin.
And come on! A single comma or period would be nice, and the forum even provides it's own spellcheck.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:17:47 AM by SkiesAhoy »

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 01:55:05 AM »
* i actual read thru the hole thing.. with no problem...lol [also grammatically challenged X) ] so give him a break XD

1) gotta post more. useful or productive post buddy not just some random googly stuff.

2) you can always msg red and me (also i check the servers alot except Tues and Thur from now on since i have class all day) T.T

3) last thing.. if your going to apply for admin buddy, you cant be changing your mind and quit half way. get your post up, and apply when your of age :) which is almost here if i remember right

--Good Luck

Offline Red

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 02:12:57 AM »
5 posts only and you'd like to become admin?

Don't see you on regularly.

We have ACTIVE hidden administrators, and yes, the spelling and punctuation needs a boost haha.

NOTE:

We have something beautiful called ban requests. You should consider looking into that if a problem does arise and ZERO admins are available (which never really happens). I guess you can add me on Steam and go from there.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cashprizes
First off he's saying he'd like to become one, not that he's going to apply before reaching the minimum requirements, like post count, TIME on the servers, and in the community (ring any bells?), etc

Yeah but we don't see you active alot either Cash (yes I know your job takes a lot of your time). I personally see him online in our hidden servers almost every day.

Active? Yeah true, only issue is this, the times that Anon plays which is generally 3-12 my time is great for admins like You, Burgers, Live, Echo, and myself when we don't have anything else going on (Work, school, vacations, etc). Only problem with that is this, we always have things going on. Work for me generally goes from 10-8 and soon I will be back in school, Echo also has school and other things to do during the day, Live bait is going to be gone for 2 weeks with his job, you also have a job (not sure of the hours), the veteran admins both have other servers that they administrate which makes taking care of the Hidden difficult when they have the urge to play, and Pyro lives in another time zone which puts him out of the picture for a lot of the time that we are doing "things" since he'll be on  and long gone before we have time to get on the servers. The only one who could be on right now at this instant is burgers, and she can't be expected to administrate all the servers at once. She also might want to play other games instead of hidden like minecraft, Payday 2, and Left For Dead just to name a few. Only issue with that is that she has school (collage) as well, so she won't have as much free time either soon. We need more admins.

Correct looking into how to make a ban request would be a good idea, please be kind in how you tell people that though Cash, that wasn't nice, it was just demeaning. Often times zero admins are available and this is when problems arise, which is probably why he wants to be an admin, so he can help out when non of us are on. Adding Cash and the rest of the admins would be a good idea however even though it only solves the problem for Anon.

Skies, what you said also wasn't very kind. You too are demeaning him even if it is in a joking way. Lots of people on the forums have bad grammar and don't use punctuation very well (myself sometimes). What I gathered from his few posts on the forums was this. He first joined so he could become an admin. When he realized what the requirements were he was discouraged and left. A couple weeks later he came back, probably fed up with the tkers and the other trolls on the servers, and decided he'd stick it out and do his best to become an admin.

I think we should be welcoming him, not mocking him or making fun of his writing when he decided he wants to help us out.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:20:45 AM by Red »
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Pyro

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 05:38:19 AM »
Welcome back!
I'd like to play with you some time.

Regarding admin, don't rush, it will most likely turn out bad. Just take your time, don't necro/spam, be active, and most of the time it will turn out good.

Offline Red

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 09:17:16 AM »
Welcome back!
I'd like to play with you some time.

Regarding admin, don't rush, it will most likely turn out bad. Just take your time, don't necro/spam, be active, and most of the time it will turn out good.

Basically everything Pyro just said Anon. Just take it easy and you'll get there bud =D.
Thanks Pyro.

Offline Mercy

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 11:28:11 AM »
Hey dude :D Welcome 'back' to the forums!
I don't really know you since I don't play Hidden but if you want you can always stop by the TTT server and say hello.

Other than that I'll just say if you want to become an admin as I can see your eager and active, go here and check out the requirements for potential administrators.

>>> http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0

Remember: IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS, DO NOT APPLY.

;)
FRESDOM!

Quote from: All of Haiti
Mercy = bad singer and aimbot
Quote from: Slayha -,..,- (Rageoholic)
I hear masturbation increases TTT abilities....

Quote from: Lone Grey
Lone Grey: I am pissed at something else right now.
Lone Grey: Just in denial
Lone Grey: I JUST SAW THE FUCKING SEASON 3 FINALE OF MY LITTLE PONY

Quote from: Old Crow
so of you have both don't fret!

Offline CashPrizes

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 06:55:35 PM »
Correct looking into how to make a ban request would be a good idea, please be kind in how you tell people that though Cash, that wasn't nice, it was just demeaning.

Demeaning? No. Straight to the point. But thanks.

Adding Cash and the rest of the admins would be a good idea however even though it only solves the problem for Anon.

Not true to the nth degree. Any regular user in the community, or ANYONE can add any of the administrators if a problem arises and grab our attention. Not just for Anon here.

Nevertheless, welcome Anon. Enjoy your stay.

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 07:39:35 PM »
Skies, what you said also wasn't very kind. You too are demeaning him even if it is in a joking way. Lots of people on the forums have bad grammar and don't use punctuation very well (myself sometimes). What I gathered from his few posts on the forums was this. He first joined so he could become an admin. When he realized what the requirements were he was discouraged and left. A couple weeks later he came back, probably fed up with the tkers and the other trolls on the servers, and decided he'd stick it out and do his best to become an admin.

Demeaning:  present participle of de·mean (Verb)
Verb
Cause a severe loss in the dignity of and respect for (someone or something).

Don't throw words around. I was hardly demeaning. I won't go around kindly asking people to use periods or commas once in a while. And no, there isn't a single punctuation mark in his post. Not one. I'm not asking something ridiculous.
One does not join the forums to become an admin. One joins the forums to become more involved with the community, one joins because one genuinely wishes to interact with CG. Those that do indeed join and post for the sake of acquiring and maintaining admin usually post infrequently and blandly, specially when trying to reach that magical required post number.
I was "harsh" because if he wishes to become an active member of the forums, he has to do so because he wants to be an integral part of CG, not because he wishes to admin for our servers. The only lasting impression his secondary introductory thread made on me is of carelessness. It may not be an accurate portrayal of the truth for most, but understand that not everyone in the forums knows people in game. But welp, I'm stretching this needlessly. Anything further we can discuss privately.

That said, I do welcome Anon, as I have always welcomed new members for years.

Offline Red

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 11:30:40 PM »
Not true to the nth degree. Any regular user in the community, or ANYONE can add any of the administrators if a problem arises and grab our attention. Not just for Anon here.

Nevertheless, welcome Anon. Enjoy your stay.
Straight to the point? "We have something beautiful called ban requests." Seriously? Sorry, that just seemed like a sort of a put down, I don't to me it looked like someone trying to communicate with a small, rather dense, child, which Anon most certainly is not. You could have easily said "Here's the page that you can request bans for players on when they've done something wrong, please read the manual I wrote for it as it will help you gather all the information that you need for a good ban request!"

Not if they don't know any administrators, which is what I was getting at when I said "...that only solves the problem for Anon." Which obviously is why we have ban requests, not everyone knows who the admins are and even when they're added they can't always help (like when they're offline or busy).

Just my point of view on the subject.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 11:30:40 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal