CG Main > General Discussions

What perks or benefits should Donors get, as a "Thank you," from the Community?

(1/15) > >>

Cadaver:
Ok,

We need more donations, cause well, running a Community is not cheap.

So, what do you want to see as a perk, or benefit for donors?  Give VALID, non-troll answers.

No: We will not hand out Admin Powers. We will not hand out ranks, or positions, other than VIP...  But, yes, a mere color on the Forums is, well, lame. 

Valid thoughts?

Cadaver

AlphaWeeaboo:
Reserved slots is a common thing used on other servers that isn't too bad of a hindrance I don't think.

Christovski:
Perhaps things like a larger avatar size to feel 'special', donator-only emoticons (might get spammed, but it is a thought), possibly a reserved slot on servers that constantly get full and people can't get on when they want to play (maybe make that a high $ donation thing), a donator only board on the forums (not sure what use it would be, just a thought), I'm just throwing out ideas off the top of my head before going to SLEEP. 

I know with sourcemod you can change colors of text in the chatbox, maybe something that gives them a special color in text chat on a server?

Might post more tomorrow if I think of anything better than these

theyankees213:
Donater slots on servers, special forum section, and its a stretch, but access to ATMA?
Oh and maybe if the credit thing and shop ever gets going, extra credits per post or extra credits monthly.

Red:
Reserved slots tick me off to be honest, there's nothing I hate more than trying to get into a server that has 1-5 slots "open" and then getting booted out because it's reserved for someone not even playing... just my thoughts...

I could see a use for the reserved slots, if not for donors, then for an admin who needed to get into that server, and had an open slot for him/her to get into without having too much trouble (waiting for someone to leave, etc)... I wouldn't see much of a use for this for Hidden since it would leave it at 8/9 removing a grenade permanently from the Hidden's repertoire unless an admin were playing, same goes for ZM a bit because I think (and I could be wrong...) that the Zombie Master gets more points to kill people with if there are more people. TTT would be good though since (and I could also be wrong here too)a few slots saved for these admins isn't too much of a difference to the gameplay... This would end up leaving at least 1-3 extra spots for the admins to get in if they are needed. I don't know enough about the other servers to give my input on them... That is all...

~Red

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version