Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TF2 Tips for Begineers  (Read 2366 times)

Offline mjb627

TF2 Tips for Begineers
« on: March 04, 2013, 11:54:24 PM »
Ive been playing tf2 lately, and im starting to like it. I am not the best, but I would like to get better. Any tips for characters to use, and any tips for Soldier, Pyro, and Heavy?

Offline UnknownError

Re: TF2 Tips for Begineers
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 11:59:26 PM »
Pyro learn to quick switch to axtinguisher, very rewarding to chop down heavies.

Soldier use the rocket jumping boots, and learn basic rocket jumping, I'll be glad to show you if you need the help.

Heavy point and shoot.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 11:59:26 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:08:13 AM »
Be a medic; use the hacksaw to get more uber-power for an ubercharge. Don't do anything but heal people and hide behind demo's, pyro's, heavies and soldiers. Heal whoever needs you, feel special and important even if you aren't that good. Then practice using the needlegun and hacksaw when you can.

Medic is my favorite class for some reason, but I really haven't played recently since I just get mad I don't have four hundred pounds of collectibles like everyone else and go back to ZPS
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline mjb627

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 12:38:13 AM »
Also, I am wondering if I should get a key to the crates i have? I have: Crate Series #49 and Crate Series #54

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 12:43:49 AM »
Nope, never uncrate ever.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Pillz

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 12:45:42 AM »
Also, I am wondering if I should get a key to the crates i have? I have: Crate Series #49 and Crate Series #54

Sell them. Don't spend money on the game or you lose!

Offline mjb627

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 12:57:48 AM »
How do you sell them?

Offline Pillz

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 01:27:49 AM »
How do you sell them?

Haha I don't know if you really can but I'm sure you could trade them off for a lot of other items if you found the right trader.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 01:52:34 AM »
For pyro I recommend you use this load out : Degreaser reserve shooter and axtinguisher
Why? Well the degreaser has a weapon switch boost time stat on it (cant remember how much) and the reserve shooter had the stat too. You can use the degreaser to air blast someone in the air and quickly switch to the reserve to get the crits on the airborne target. If the area you're battling in is too confined you can use the axtinguisher to first light the enemy then quick switch to the ax. Again a recommendation so you dont have to  :P

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 02:25:20 AM »
Solider: use the vanilla weapons (although the melee can be your choice). They are still the best solider weapons for every situation. Get use to switching to the shotgun, as this will save your butt/ get you more kills when all your rockets are gone and you can't reload. Use the rocket jump (once you master it) to your advantage, and to kill sentries, quickly come around the corner, shoot, run behind the corner. Sometimes you can kill an engie if he is dumb or has no support, and taking out the sentry is rinse and repeat until its gone.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 01:56:59 PM »
For pyro use what ever primary you want, I generally jump between the bubbles, philos and back burner. Use axetinguisher or volcano fragment unless the other team has alot of engineers then use home wrecker. I also recommend flare gun or detonator for secondary. As pyro spy check everyone. Its easier to do with volcano because it costs no ammo and they catch fire. Train yourself to launch back grenades and rockets. Sneak around to your targets unless you have another pyro or medic willing to team up with you. Learn to juggle people, this is very useful for spys, melee demos, melee soldiers and heavys. Lastly go ape shit and laugh maniacaly as you burn your enemies into extinction.

Offline Gooey Engineer

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 11:14:13 PM »
If your looking to play any class really well, I suggest getting a map called "tr_walkway" it spawns a bunch of bots that constantly move but don't attack, it's great practice for things like headshots, jumps stabs ect.

Offline Dante

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 11:27:12 PM »
If your looking to play any class really well, I suggest getting a map called "tr_walkway" it spawns a bunch of bots that constantly move but don't attack, it's great practice for things like headshots, jumps stabs ect.
Don't necro.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 11:27:12 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal