Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Tf2 hidden servers?

yes.
5 (29.4%)
no.
8 (47.1%)
I Don't Care
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: TF2 Hidden Servers  (Read 14356 times)

Ðeath.

Re: TF2 Hidden Servers
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 02:22:37 PM »
It was added after multiple people rallied for its existence. Since then, it has been promptly been forgotten and plunged into the deepest depths of server purgatory never to be seen by the light of day, or any other creature, again.
Well if it had been properly announced upon the creation of the server, people would probably have played on it more.

As for hidden: Engies and Pyros are legitimately the worst thing you could enable on a server like that. If we do try it, please disable them.

I would have sincerely enjoyed a decently sized game of vanilla tf2. Without any extra crap though so it really is vanilla.

Pyros would be an obvious downer, but why Engi's?

Offline lilg0218

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »
It was added after multiple people rallied for its existence. Since then, it has been promptly been forgotten and plunged into the deepest depths of server purgatory never to be seen by the light of day, or any other creature, again.
Well if it had been properly announced upon the creation of the server, people would probably have played on it more.

As for hidden: Engies and Pyros are legitimately the worst thing you could enable on a server like that. If we do try it, please disable them.

Also create an limit on scouts because being chased by 7000 scouts makes the hidden's job nearly impossible
#NOLO

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »

Offline lilg0218

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 03:20:02 PM »

I would have sincerely enjoyed a decently sized game of vanilla tf2. Without any extra crap though so it really is vanilla.

Disable sentries and engies and there isn't a problem with them

EDIT: when the hidden knifes or super jumps a sentry will target him for until it stops hitting him. I've seen some sentries doing 100% damage ruining the game
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:51:56 PM by lilg0218 »
#NOLO

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »

Disable sentries and engies and there isn't a problem with them

He asked why disable engies.
You avoided his question and just said "Disable Engies" again.

Offline lilg0218

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 11:12:01 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that the internet hates change
#NOLO

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 06:30:00 AM »

If you want to change the internet you need to disable engies and sentries.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 11:55:44 AM »
I think we should focus on the TF2 servers we already have, they don't get enough attention.

Also I might have functional TF2 soon so I can actually get on a server without it freezing.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline lilg0218

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 02:45:13 PM »
I think we should focus on the TF2 servers we already have, they don't get enough

This was to replace the vanilla server. Nobody even plays on that one
#NOLO

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 04:02:34 PM »
Hidden seems just like saxton hale except saxton is invisible. And has a knife. And isnt a hairy Australian man. Basically take everything that makes saxton hale fun and interesting and water it down... Lets invest our time in getting the vanilla working...
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess people don't pay much attention to the number of tf2 gameservers we have...

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 04:03:09 PM »
Hidden seems just like saxton hale except saxton is invisible. And has a knife. And isnt a hairy Australian man. Basically take everything that makes saxton hale fun and interesting and water it down... Lets invest our time in getting the vanilla working

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 04:06:43 PM »

I doubt it. Either way all the TF2 Servers will be announced soonish.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 04:31:21 PM »

Or maybe, if they wanted to play Hidden, they'd download hidden?

Plus
Some people prefer their classes and have spent time practicing. If you're hidden is incapable of avoiding a sentry, then they don't deserve that role.

Don't punish other players because someone was too stupid to avoid a stationary weapon.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 04:32:12 PM »
Hidden seems just like saxton hale except saxton is invisible. And has a knife. And isnt a hairy Australian man. Basically take everything that makes saxton hale fun and interesting and water it down... Lets invest our time in getting the vanilla working

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 05:55:29 PM »
Yeah I'm thinking put effort into the vanilla, has more hope than a Hidden TF2 imo.
Hell, I'd even be down to help populate it

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 05:55:29 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal