Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Metro Last Light = Disappointing.  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Tyber

Metro Last Light = Disappointing.
« on: May 16, 2013, 01:35:10 AM »
Sorry to say it, but it is.

Waaaaay to easy even on ranger mode. 4A games idea of making the game more difficult is to remove your third weapon slot, not giving you a prompt when there's loot to collect, and not letting you see how much ammo you have. That's all that changes on ranger mode.

Also, my bro said that the ending was meh, but that it could have been much better.

Although the stealth system is leagues better than 2033's was, it's just too easy. They won't spot you, even if you're no less than 1 foot away, as long as over 25% of your body is in dim light/darkness.

And my god, THE VOICES! OH GOD THE VOICES! If you're not looking DIRECTLY at the person you want to hear, they go mute. And I don't mean muffled, or even quiet, they're practically silent. I missed so much important dialogue because of this.

I did enjoy the game, but I was so disappointed to see the game I've been looking forward to for so long turn out so mediocre.

I give 2.7/5

Offline Muffins

Re: Metro Last Light = Disappointing.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 02:04:12 AM »
Yes it is very disappointing, just really everything about it is, I hate how sometimes your talking to someone and there is another person behind you talking over the guy. Just idk, its just not like first one at all. But this game is shit because THQ is falling apart and going under:(

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 02:04:12 AM »

Offline Dante

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »
I'm waiting for Angry Joe to review since his views on games are generally close to mine. Also: They made it easier because to many people will screaming it was to difficult. I was one of the people who played Ranger Mode on Hard Mode. So much ammo used to kill 1 Mutant.
I have read the books. Yeah, Artyom can kill Mutants in one shot.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 03:14:48 PM »
I was one of the people who played Ranger Mode on Hard Mode. So much ammo used to kill 1 Mutant.

1. It's a video game. Video games generally aren't fun without a challange
2. Metro 2034 hasn't been translated to english so unless you can read Cryllic (can't remember if you do) there is no way you've read it. Besides, in Metro 2033 (which I literally just finished reading yesterday) Artyom does extremely little killing.

You should never compare a videogame to a book, especially a book as well written as Metro 2033.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline BladeTwinSwords

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
The original novels are in Russian. The games are okay but not good by any stretch of the means.

Offline Leninade

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 05:38:50 PM »
The original novels are in Russian. The games are okay but not good by any stretch of the means.
Russian alphabet = Cyrillic.

Offline Dante

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 05:48:29 PM »
I was one of the people who played Ranger Mode on Hard Mode. So much ammo used to kill 1 Mutant.

2. Metro 2034 hasn't been translated to english so unless you can read Cryllic (can't remember if you do) there is no way you've read it. Besides, in Metro 2033 (which I literally just finished reading yesterday) Artyom does extremely little killing.

You should never compare a videogame to a book, especially a book as well written as Metro 2033.
You should compare it, when it is based off of the book series.

Edit: I am learning Russian. And have a friend who learned English and IS Russian. Every time I come across a word I don't know I ask him, and he does the same with English.

Edit 2: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQHT3Q2ZkB4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQHT3Q2ZkB4</a> Just bought it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:14:12 PM by DoomBringerDANTE »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 08:54:54 PM »

You should compare it, when it is based off of the book series.

Edit: I am learning Russian. And have a friend who learned English and IS Russian. Every time I come across a word I don't know I ask him, and he does the same with English.

Edit 2: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQHT3Q2ZkB4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQHT3Q2ZkB4</a> Just bought it.

My point was that 99% of video games won't compare to the book, it's virtually impossible. These days everyone seems to be holding things to way to high of a standard. Come on people, be realistic, not ever game is going to be a Half Life 2 or a Dues Ex
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Dante

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 09:08:51 PM »
not ever game
No, but you can still hold it to those games to set a standard, example Joe found Red Dead the most fun he ever had, so now he compares games to it and the shittiest game he played to find a score for a game he reviewed. And Cortez, they are based off the books, so they should respect the source material. A great game, favorite of mine, and still has a huge cult following is Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. Why? It was a fun game and respected the source material. For example, Dementation and Dominate are not for combat. What did the company do? Made it combat, respecting the source material, the ultimate level of Dementation gave them every Insanity, so he would kill ally's then himself. Dominate would trick a user into thinking an Ally is an enemy, allowing for Murder of Ally's, Friends and family by the Discpline. It is also why me and almost every World Of Darkness Gamer is waiting for the MMO.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 09:08:51 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal