Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Learn To Script Lua  (Read 10908 times)

Offline Travis

Re: Learn To Script Lua
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 12:02:15 AM »
Make zombie NPCs spawn at random locations on a map, and not get stuck in walls.

Lulz.

I was hoping someone would catch on to that.
I was going to say the same thing!
But anyways I'll have to try this out. I've always been interested in learning some coding.
These are pretty good websites and if you need help just ask Ducky about it.

Please do, I am here to help.
That's what my doctors tell me. XD
But anyways how easy is the language and learning it? Is it something that can be picked up right away or takes some time before you can produce something noticeable?

It is relatively easy and takes just a little bit of time to fully understand. You can be producing something noticeable in Garry's Mod within the first hour of knowing the language. Garry's Mod makes Lua extremely easy, don't get me started on Lua for shit like WoW and other games.
How long until you can create a game mode?

Probably a couple days. You need to understand how everything works before you apply it to something large such as a gamemode.
I would of thought atleast a month, really?
Boobs.

Offline Ducky

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 12:18:19 AM »
Make zombie NPCs spawn at random locations on a map, and not get stuck in walls.

Lulz.

But anyways I'll have to try this out. I've always been interested in learning some coding.

But anyways how easy is the language and learning it? Is it something that can be picked up right away or takes some time before you can produce something noticeable?

It is relatively easy and takes just a little bit of time to fully understand. You can be producing something noticeable in Garry's Mod within the first hour of knowing the language. Garry's Mod makes Lua extremely easy, don't get me started on Lua for shit like WoW and other games.

Probably a couple days. You need to understand how everything works before you apply it to something large such as a gamemode.
I would of thought atleast a month, really?

Besides HTML, Lua is the easiest language I have ever had to use.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 12:18:19 AM »

Offline Mr.TheDoctor

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 11:02:05 PM »

Lulz.

Probably a couple days. You need to understand how everything works before you apply it to something large such as a game mode.
I would of thought at least a month, really?

Besides HTML, Lua is the easiest language I have ever had to use.

^^^^^^^^^Looks like  a pyramid. ^.^. And from what Ive heard, lua should take, on average, about a week to get the hang of.Looks like I'm in for a looong week .  :-\
10:53 PM - ??Mystery??: you could just tape their mouth shut and then rape them with a pencil and call their family and say you're the insurance guy and need they need to come in for the life insurance and when they get there tape their mouths and rape them with a pencil and then rinse and repeat with relatives
10:54 PM - ??Mystery??: but i mean
10:54 PM - ??Mystery??: you could just ignore it

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 11:02:05 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal