Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Project M: Amazing Smash Bros.  (Read 14791 times)

Offline Old Crow

Re: Project M: Amazing Smash Bros.
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2013, 12:52:46 PM »
Problem with Melee is its so exploitable, I mean you play at a tourney, there is only about 4 levels allowed.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:59:30 PM by oobla37 »
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline oobla37

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
Problem with Melee is its so exploitable, I mean you play at a tourney, there is only about 4 levels allowed.

Well, yeah. But banning those stages prevents degenerative gameplay. The stages that are legal comprise of 5 neutral, or fair stages and 1 counter pick stage. These stages are most character neutral stages, and leave the most skill for the players.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »

Offline oobla37

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2013, 02:14:00 AM »
So does anyone have it working? I'm having a lot of fun with it right now. I recommend it if you're capable.

By kwuartz

Offline Ghast

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2013, 08:12:56 AM »
Been psyched about this since the Turbo Tuesday promotion campaign.

Those Ike combos were fucking disgusting.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50loXTf3ZsY)

If anyone's having problems with the installation, I suggest getting the HomeBrew Channel (BootMii) using LetterBomb. (http://please.hackmii.com/)

Simply enter your Wii's MAC address (you can find it in the system menu) and make sure you select the correct operating system version (I downloaded the wrong file 3 times, fuck me), then download it onto an SD card and install it into your Wii.

This mod is incredible, guys. It makes purchasing a Wii, Brawl, and a GC controller worth it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 06:49:54 PM by Ghast »
[ZE] Pfc =☆ q-bert™☆=: Ghast from minecraft
Ghast: fuck you q bert

Offline oobla37

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »

If anyone's having problems with the installation, I suggest getting the HomeBrew Channel (BootMii) using LetterBomb. (Link Removed)

Simply enter your Wii's MAC address (you can find it in the system menu) and make sure you select the correct operating system version (I downloaded the wrong file 3 times, fuck me), then download it onto an SD card and install it into your Wii.

This mod is incredible, guys. It makes purchasing a Wii, Brawl, and a GC controller worth it.

I was actually trying to steer away from encouraging an illegal method of installation, but whatever.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:42:49 PM by Guztav. »

By kwuartz

Offline Ghast

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2013, 04:18:18 PM »

If anyone's having problems with the installation, I suggest getting the HomeBrew Channel (BootMii) using LetterBomb.

I was actually trying to steer away from encouraging an illegal method of installation, but whatever.

lol, well I tried to non-hack version and ran into trouble so I ended up doing it that way and it worked for me. Just thought it might help out some other people running into the same problems.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:05:59 PM by Ghast »
[ZE] Pfc =☆ q-bert™☆=: Ghast from minecraft
Ghast: fuck you q bert

Offline Christovski

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2013, 04:51:59 PM »
Yes, oobla has been trying to abide by these:
http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=4404.0
9)   No posting or linking to Pirated Material of any kind.
11)   Illegal Activities will not be discussed, suggested, engaged in, encouraged, or bragged about here.

So just FYI, might wanna be careful with posting that URL here.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2013, 06:46:39 PM »
11)   Illegal Activities will not be discussed, suggested, engaged in, encouraged, or bragged about here.

This is a misrepresentation of the rules in regards to what is actually illegal here.

Modifying your wii to use the homebrew channels, while is against the EULA with your Wii, is nowhere near any sort of violation concerning law's.  Homebrewing uses original coding as far as mods like this. Using it for that purpose in no way violates any laws.

Please don't go touting what is illegal and what isn't without further investigating.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »

This is a misrepresentation of the rules in regards to what is actually illegal here.

Modifying your wii to use the homebrew channels, while is against the EULA with your Wii, is nowhere near any sort of violation concerning law's.  Homebrewing uses original coding as far as mods like this. Using it for that purpose in no way violates any laws.

Please don't go touting what is illegal and what isn't without further investigating.

But didn't Ghast just call it a hacked version??

3 Days isn't log

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2013, 07:01:22 PM »

By hacked, he is saying that it is using a modified non original Operating system for the wii, thus what homebrewing is. Its like the fact I have cyanogenmod installed on my phone in place of the default android OS.

In no way did Ghast link to anything that was illegal, or encourage piracy. He suggested an easy way to install the mod that CAN AND WILL break the eula on your Wii. But thats about it.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »
The words used were 'illegal' and 'hacked'.

I was trying to be nice and warn Ghast that stuff like that might be bad to post, before someone cracked down on him like Cadaver used to do.

Before you jump to conclusions Kwaurtz :P

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2013, 07:03:18 PM »

By hacked, he is saying that it is using a modified non original Operating system for the wii, thus what homebrewing is. Its like the fact I have cyanogenmod installed on my phone in place of the default android OS.

I guess, so long as the site is legit, I don't see an issue.

Just don't be downloading any Nazi skins for Snake lol.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »
The words used were 'illegal' and 'hacked'.

I was trying to be nice and warn Ghast that stuff like that might be bad to post, before someone cracked down on him like Cadaver used to do.

Before you jump to conclusions Kwaurtz :P

The hacking posted in the rules as was said by both Cadaver and Inject is meant for DDOS/Game disrutions/advantages. Things like this where it is merely modifying your wii with a custom operating system, while it is hacking, it is also merely rooting the wii. Like I said, its similar to rooting my android phone and install a customer operating system. The word hacking is overused and has become such a stigma because of it, that it keeps being perpetuated incorrectly like it is here. Nothing is illegal about Ghasts link. A simply google would have filled anyone in on that.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2013, 07:28:31 PM »
Alright guys, let's keep this sort of conversation to a minimum. My original intent was to keep with the preferred method of installation by the developers of the mod. They encourage you use the hackles model, so that anybody who uses project m has a legitimate copy of the game. This will discourage Nintendo as much as possible from attempting to completely shut down project m. I want people to get back on topic, and please stop going off on the logistics of legal installation.

In other news, how is everyone feeling about the new characters, Roy and mewtwo?

By kwuartz

Offline Pillz

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2013, 07:55:22 PM »
I got it working in case I never posted, bought a 2GB SD card for 3.60$ or so at gamestop.

Roy's badass, I used to use him a lot and his charge attack feels so satisfying to unleash. Mewtwo got some nice tweaks from Melee and I LOVE his armor special costume. I've missed teleporting quite a bit, and his final smash looks wicked despite being cloned from lucario.

The special costumes in general are awesome, like Dry Bones Bowser and PJ Toon Link~ Princess Peach's special costume is awesome too because it chances her heart animations to dark energy attacks.

Favorite so far's gotta be Ivysaur; the buffs each of the 3 starter Pokemon got were spectacular, and kicking ass with squirtle is pretty fun too; but adding SolarBeam and Synthesis for Ivysaur was the coolest addition for me. I wish they got Final Smashes but who needs those anyway, they're badass enough as it is.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2013, 07:55:22 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal