Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RIP Pillz's Computer  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Pillz

RIP Pillz's Computer
« on: April 08, 2013, 04:00:08 PM »
So I've been having issues with my display drivers. They've been freezing my display before crashing and recovering giving the popup message "display drivers have stopped working but recovered" and it'll do that up to five times before I blue screen. This has been going on for a week or two and I was troubleshooting the issue when it crashed for the last time and the computer wouldn't even boot. It would start up and freeze at a black screen with a flashing line at the top and 98 in the bottom right corner.

I disconnected my graphics card and moved my white video cable to the mobo port and the computer started to boot like usual and it ran the windows repair or whatever trying to find fixes for why the computer didn't shut down right and after doing nothing it asked me to reboot and then the computer wouldn't boot anymore like when the graphics card wasn't in.

So any ideas?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: RIP Pillz's Computer
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 04:06:13 PM »
This exact same thing happened to me. I just reformated, have yet to crash.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 04:06:13 PM »

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »
Yeah, I had a similar problem and had to reformat and haven't bluescreened since.

I suggest going into Safe mode with networking and installing TDSSkiller, it actually found a rootkit on mine when I used it while I had the problem. My computer was already too far gone though, luckily I used a program to find what my Windows 7 Product Key was and then backed up my Favorite websites on a Flash Drive.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/tdsskiller/

The fact that this has happened to three CG members in the past 2 months actually makes me mildly suspicious.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 09:27:57 PM »
Yeah and I thought the warranty had expired on my computer until my dad told me otherwise so were just gonna send it back to fuggin cyber power and hopefully they'll be able to fix it all up for me. I don't even have the option to go into safe mode so I was bout ready to just replace the whole thing. Hopefully they'll fix my missing HDD problem too so I can have more than 100gb of space but who knows.

Otherwise ill have to find a way to reformat and whatnot.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 09:57:53 PM »
Yeah, I had a similar problem and had to reformat and haven't bluescreened since.

I suggest going into Safe mode with networking and installing TDSSkiller, it actually found a rootkit on mine when I used it while I had the problem. My computer was already too far gone though, luckily I used a program to find what my Windows 7 Product Key was and then backed up my Favorite websites on a Flash Drive.

The fact that this has happened to three CG members in the past 2 months actually makes me mildly suspicious.
Just like it happened to MILLIONS of others around the world (that btw didn't visit CG). ConjointGaming has a clean website. Their is nothing on our website that isn't on any other in terms of ads if that is your concern.

And past that our site has no infections and all files on our server have been scanned and have been proven to be 100% clean.

You people... my god...

It's like saying.

Welp, my arm hurts a lot.
REALLY? ME TOO!
Do you breath air?
Yeah...
So do I.
Ohhhh

IT MUST BE THE AIR!!!
DUN DUN DUN.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 10:54:56 PM »

Just like it happened to MILLIONS of others around the world (that btw didn't visit CG). ConjointGaming has a clean website. Their is nothing on our website that isn't on any other in terms of ads if that is your concern.

And past that our site has no infections and all files on our server have been scanned and have been proven to be 100% clean.

You people... my god...

It's like saying.

REALLY? ME TOO!
Do you breath air?
Yeah...
So do I.
Ohhhh

IT MUST BE THE AIR!!!
DUN DUN DUN.
I'm incredibly paranoid about anything and always assume the worst.

frogc00l

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 04:29:32 AM »
I'm incredibly paranoid about anything and always assume the worst.
Well let me put it this way.

You're as likely to get a virus from ConjointGaming.com as you are from NHL.com (National Hockey League), yeah that the very well known NHL that countries all around the word participate in.

They host Google Ads as well, and it is no different then ours.

As a sub note below is a list of very popular well known trusted sites that also have google ads:
www.youtube.com
www.google.com
www.nbc.com (NBC the TV Channel that everyone has watched)

This list go's on to near infinity. So you should by this point get the picture.

ConjointGaming.com is very safe.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 12:30:53 PM »
Pillz maybe your pc got an overload of your spams. I am the #1 top poster here.
You people... my god...

It's like saying.

REALLY? ME TOO!
Do you breath air?
Yeah...
So do I.
Ohhhh

IT MUST BE THE AIR!!!
DUN DUN DUN.
Quote of the year!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]