Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sound Problems Galore  (Read 1069 times)

Offline AbkaFlab

Sound Problems Galore
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:37:11 PM »
Well today I was having some problems with my internet, more than usual atleast. So I unplugged my PCIE wifi adapter and plugged it into another PCI slot as this usually works. Well in the process somehow the whole audio setup for my computer has been fucked to pieces. Realtek HD Audio kept popping up device unplugged and then replugged repeatedly. So I tried messing around with that for a bit, finally I got frustrated and uninstalled it, then I downloaded the drivers again, that didnt work. So now I have no audio progam, and now when I go to control panel-hardware and sound-manage audio devices the headphones keep going from "Ready" to "Not Plugged In" when I dont even have headphones plugged in. I have tried switching the mobo headers from HD to AC97 but that hasnt done anything either. Im just about ready to throw my computer off a cliff as im without any sound. Can anyone possibly help me?

EDIT: My computer doesnt even detect my speakers anymore.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:44:21 PM by AbkaFlab »

Offline Christovski

Re: Sound Problems Galore
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:47:21 PM »
Try re-seating all your cards in your motherboard, a slight jostle to one card could shift it enough to screw up a connection

So turn it off unplug it, then open it, and make sure (take out and put back in) all the cards are plugged properly.

Not always the case, but this has solved many people's computer problems as they don't think to try it.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:47:21 PM »

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 12:08:09 AM »
Try re-seating all your cards in your motherboard, a slight jostle to one card could shift it enough to screw up a connection

So turn it off unplug it, then open it, and make sure (take out and put back in) all the cards are plugged properly.

Not always the case, but this has solved many people's computer problems as they don't think to try it.

I'll have to try that tomorrow, it kind of makes sense though as I have a huge graphics card. Its 11 inches long and has the huge IceQ cooler on it. It always gets in the way whenever I try to mess with stuff inside the computer. Let's hope this solves my problem.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:02:11 AM »
Move it to another PCI slot, you put it in a slot that is SHARING resources. 

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 05:04:39 PM »

Alright so I tried both of your suggestions and now the computer isnt seeing headphones as being unplugged and replugged every two seconds and its seeing my speakers now. But im still without sound, should I redownload Realtek HD Audio Manager again and see if I can mess around with that?

EDIT: Just opened up the audio manager and I keep getting a device unplugged and then replugged message over and over again. The front panel jack is flashing if that has anything to do with it. Maybe I should mess around with my motherboard headers?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:07:57 PM by AbkaFlab »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »
EDIT: Just opened up the audio manager and I keep getting a device unplugged and then replugged message over and over again. The front panel jack is flashing if that has anything to do with it. Maybe I should mess around with my motherboard headers?
Probably, make sure nothing came unpluged when you moved your thing over.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 06:28:29 PM »
Probably, make sure nothing came unpluged when you moved your thing over.

Just opened up the case, all the connections seem to be fine.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 06:28:29 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal