Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Graphics Card - Monitor isn't giving me the correct IDED values  (Read 902 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

Hello all,

I just upgraded from my Radeon HD 6450 to a Radeon HD 6670. Now, since I switched I no longer have the VGA port on my graphics card, the 6670 doesn't have one like my 6450 does, so I'm forced into using DVI. Now, since I've switched to DVI, I can't get back to my old native resolution for my monitor which was 1355x768 and I'm stuck in 1280x720. The monitor is an HCI M152D, intended mainly for TV usage (Its old, doesn't even have an HDMI slot). I'm hesitant about getting rid of it because its wall mounted, and was a gift a couple of years ago. Should I go ahead and get a new monitor for my computer that actually has support/correct IDED's or does anyone have anything I can do to plug into my CCC that says 'Here, use all of these 16x9 IDED values'

Offline Cadaver

Re: New Graphics Card - Monitor isn't giving me the correct IDED values
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 03:20:48 PM »
Few things to try:  Is your monitor hooked up via a VGA to DVI adapter?  If it is a cheapo one, it may not be fully compatible with the video card.

Is the monitor directly linked? If it is an older monitor, they had DVI adaptability, but was limited.  In this case, buy a good VGA to DVI adapter, and try that. (Newegg under $10.)

I know you have tried this, but just in case: Right click on desktop.  Then click on screen resolution.  Then click on "advanced settings."  Then click the monitor tab. Then uncheck "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display," and set it to the one you know it can do, and see if that works.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 03:20:48 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 03:47:02 PM »
The graphics card box says not to use a vga to dvi adapter. Now I'm getting a failure of the display driver every now and then, and when I try to play dota, it bsod's me.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 04:57:31 PM »
Reverted cards, works perfectly now, gonna stick with my 6450 a little longer.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 05:55:02 PM »
Hmm.

Ok, sounds like you have a bad card.  Or the old drivers did not fully remove before installing the new card, though, there may be no difference in the drivers.

uninstall the drivers completely, then reinstall.

Otherwise, take your card back, and buy a different one.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 05:57:44 PM »
I did a driversweep in safe mode, so I know for a fact they were gone. It is also the same drivers because all hd 6xxx generation cards and up all use the current version of Catalyst Control Center which is 13.1. It was a shiet card and I got a full refund for it.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 05:57:44 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal