Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Making a Small Server  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Red

Making a Small Server
« on: July 16, 2013, 03:17:02 AM »
Help Request Subject: Making a hidden server

Specific people needed to read this: Anyone who can help, as always

Summarize help request in one sentence: I want to make a small hidden server

Additional Info: I just wanna know how I would create a server in which I could have 2-3 players max that I could lock to play The Hidden in. I've tried the create a server option in the game but all that does is open up a LAN and no one who I'd like to have in my server would want to do it via LAN. I know there's a way to do it with this one thing (I think it is called hamachi or something?) but that seems... Not difficult but pointless and annoying. I intend to try to teach players what I know in hidden without having other players join and stop the lesson. Also it would be fun to have some 1 on 1 against some of my friends. How would I make a server, and how would I put it up on the server list? I've wondered how to do this for several months now but I figured I might as well ask now cause why not.. Stupid idea? Yeah maybe but I might as well ask anyways.

Importance level(low,medium,high): Low-Medium

Steam related: sorta
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:22:58 AM by Red »
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Link236

Re: Making a Small Server
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »
With limited knowledge of running a Minecraft server, I can help you get it off the ground. First, to get it online, you're gonna have to portforward.

Go here:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Select your router, model, and the game you want to portforward (in this case, the Hidden). Then just follow those instructions. Now, I'm not sure what software you use to host games on the hidden (probably some source thingy-majigger), but after you portforward, you run that. And... it SHOULd be all good... I think.
Welcome to the Hotel ConjointGaming...
you can check out anytime you like- but you can never leaveeeee
*guitar solo time*
I'll show you the world, Link. Just take my hand and come with meeee~
Quote from: Gustav
(TEAM) Guztav: I totally want to slap his ass right now
Quote from: All of Haiti
*DEAD* (TEAM) All of Haiti: NEXT MAP. IN AN ALLEY. BRING THE DILDOS.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 01:52:54 PM »
I can help you there.

This video outlines the steps, However it is much better to understand what it is you are doing, instead of being a script kiddie blindly following instructions.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-DF1yGwIk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-DF1yGwIk</a>

Source is probably one of the easiest things to host a server for.

Contact me on Steam. I will explain in detail and we can have a remote session when I am free so I can walk you through it. I have never setup Hidden before, but I bet it is just a matter of a base source engine install with some downloads from like moddb and drop it into a folder called hidden or some shit to that effect.

cheers,

-Wooley

My exp: I have hosted tons of game servers, TF2,CSS,CS1.6, MW2, DoD, Brain Bread, Science & Industry, HL2DM, CSGO, PVK, COD2/4, UT3, Goldeneye Source, Minecraft, ttt.

Basically I know WTF I am talking about.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:57:19 PM by IsYn Wooley »
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 01:58:02 PM »
I can help you there.

This video outlines the steps, However it is much better to understand what it is you are doing, instead of being a script kiddie blindly following instructions.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-DF1yGwIk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-DF1yGwIk</a>

Source is probably one of the easiest things to host a server for.

Contact me on Steam. I will explain in detail and we can have a remote session when I am free so I can walk you through it. I have never setup Hidden before, but I bet it is just a matter of a base source engine install with some downloads from like moddb and drop it into a folder called hidden or some shit to that effect.

cheers,

-Wooley

My exp: I have hosted tons of game servers, TF2,CSS,CS1.6, MW2, DoD, Brain Bread, Science & Industry, HL2DM, CSGO, PVK, COD2/4, UT3, Goldeneye Source, Minecraft, ttt.

Basically I know WTF I am talking about.

Red, Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, Hes taking over your computer. He did this to me

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 02:20:31 PM »
@ Yankees

Are you still experiencing the network outage when you go online in the morning with your bro on XBOX?

Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Red

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 02:25:53 PM »
Alright thanks Wooley and Link, I'll contact you once I get home Wooley and I'll check out that link you sent me Link. Thanks a ton guys.

~Red

@edit oops
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:28:34 PM by Red »
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »
@ Yankees

Are you still experiencing the network outage when you go online in the morning with your bro on XBOX?

Actually no so it worked XD

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal