Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MSVCR80.DLL  (Read 4078 times)

Ðeath.

MSVCR80.DLL
« on: March 12, 2013, 09:31:13 PM »
So, I've been looking forward to playing Starcraft 2, League of Legends, Warcraft 3, and the like. But since they are considered "3D" games, I cannot play them because I'm missing the MSCVCR80.DLL. On startup, when I login, I get an error saying THX can't work because the msvcr80.dll is missing.

tl;dr

Need help Fixing a dll, don't know how to possibly fix it.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:34:32 PM by Ðeath. »

Offline Tyber

Re: MSVCR80.DLL
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 09:35:54 PM »
I had this problem a while back on my laptop, just search for the dll on google.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 09:35:54 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 09:38:34 PM »
Why you not try replacing it by using the Windows recovery console on your windows install disk like I told you last night

I did it for another .dll I was missing, you just need to know the directory location of the file on the disc, and the directory location of the folder you want to put it in.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Ðeath.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 09:39:31 PM »
Why you not try replacing it by using the Windows recovery console on your windows install disk like I told you last night

I did it for another .dll I was missing, you just need to know the directory location of the file on the disc, and the directory location of the folder you want to put it in.

Because I do not have a clue where that disk is. Or may be severely damaged. inb4 "Death, take care of your disks" I know.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:03:09 PM »
Sounds like reinstalling SC2 would be a good thing to do. It should come with that file.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 12:58:54 PM »
Sounds like reinstalling SC2 would be a good thing to do. It should come with that file.
It is happening to other games too though.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 01:06:31 PM »
It is happening to other games too though.
DLLs are generally shared, I'm sure many games use it. Perhaps something you uninstalled removed it.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Ðeath.

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »
Currently disk checking, has taken roughly an hour for 60% so far. I came across a device drivers reinstall disc. Would that be what I'm looking for to reinstall the dll?

Secondly, would format be necessary? :s

Edit: Yes, I have tried reinstalling SC2, Inject.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 07:14:18 PM »
Download one - google the file.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 07:16:52 PM »
Go here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr80

Click download (dll file) fixer.

Should be sorted.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 07:35:25 PM »
Currently disk checking, has taken roughly an hour for 60% so far. I came across a device drivers reinstall disc. Would that be what I'm looking for to reinstall the dll?

I would highly recommend against just reinstalling 1 DLL file.

And I wouldn't trust that DLL  site guvnar posted, getting 1 DLL online is almost always a bad decision.

And their is no real life DLL FIXER. 99% of the time, scareware.

Ðeath.

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »
Recommended solution? It's been getting on my nerves for quite a while recently.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »
I would highly recommend against just reinstalling 1 DLL file.

And I wouldn't trust that DLL  site guvnar posted, getting 1 DLL online is almost always a bad decision.

+1, the reason I installed my missing/broken .dll from the windows disc is the one I got online made it impossible to actually start up windows properly.

@Death: if your windows disc is gone/broken there is nothing legal I can suggest.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 07:58:48 PM »
Go to microsoft's site, and search a fix for it.  See if there is. Or go to their forums for suggestions?

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »

Gustav* Me and Guvnar have similar names.
Also, I used to use the site all the time when I had a shit computer, most of the time it worked perfectly, that's just from my experience though.
Also, can I just point out, when you download it from the link I posted, it will automatically find where the dll needs to go to fix the problem, via installer.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:10:59 PM by Gustav »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal