Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Adobe Virus  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Sniper no Sniping

Adobe Virus
« on: November 13, 2012, 05:48:15 PM »
So for a LONG time now, i have had what seems to be an unremovable virus on my computer. Luckily all it has been doing is making a little button saying i have an Adobe Reader update and make a pop-up once every few months. Now the pop-up appeared today, and i opened the task manager, found it's process, and opened it's file to attachment 2 below. It was found in a folder named "Flash" located C:/System32/Macromed/Flash.

My question is, what should i do with this file? Delete it? Is it corrupted? I did scan all the files with Malwarebytes and got nothing, Malwarebytes never detects this thing even when i downloaded it, and neither has any other program i used (For the record, the using of other programs was before i wiped my hardrive and got rid of this. The virus got back on my account most likely from some hardware my dad installed)

Offline Leetgrain

Re: Adobe Virus
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 06:33:34 PM »
That's what you get from torrenting on Untrustworthy websites  trollface (Kidding!)

If all that you know it's been doing is making a pop-up appear, it may just be an update, I've gotten the pop-up because I have Adobe software on my computer, so maybe it's just adobe updater - but still, if you don't trust it, uninstall all the Adobe software you may have on your computer and reinstall it.

In any case download MSE (Microsoft security essentials) and do a full scan, if anything pops up tell us.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:29:06 PM by Leetgrain »
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 06:33:34 PM »

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 06:39:03 PM »
That's what you get from torrenting on Untrustworthy websites  trollface (Kidding!)

If all that you know it's been doing is making a pop-up appear, it may just be an update, I've gotten the pop-up because I have Adobe software on my computer, so maybe it's just adobe updater.

In any case download MSE (Microsoft security essentials) and do a full scan, if anything pops up tell us.
It's not an update, i've clicked on that pop-up once, it gave me a virus. I would have taken a picture of the pop-up but my computer overheated and i didnt get the pop-up next time my computer restarted.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »
Well if you think it's a virus just delete it.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 07:17:26 PM »
BootScan, ComboFix, try thoes. Other wise I need more information.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 08:11:31 PM »
Well if you think it's a virus just delete it.

Never a good idea, loose files can fuck up the system, better to just scan it and remove it safely.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 09:39:41 PM »
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 10:50:34 PM »
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/144374

Might help.
The thing is that it's not an error message, it's a virus, and the folders he talks about in that thread don't even EXIST in my folder as you can see in my attachment.

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »
Got a picture of the pop-up and it's process in task manager. (Ignore the black screen behind it, accidently hit "Maximize" for it on task manager.)

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »
Just because a rouge infection attacked you this way before doesn't mean it isn't real now. It's likely that you where infected by a rouge infection either from another software downloaded or as a cleaver pop up, either way It's very possible this is the real update.

You could of course uninstall all Adobe Products, and then re install them.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »
Just because a rouge infection attacked you this way before doesn't mean it isn't real now. It's likely that you where infected by a rouge infection either from another software downloaded or as a cleaver pop up, either way It's very possible this is the real update.

You could of course uninstall all Adobe Products, and then re install them.

No use Injy, tried to tell him this before.
It's an ulgy dem file.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal