Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anti-virus Program  (Read 5256 times)

Offline Finniespin

Re: Anti-virus Program
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 05:39:14 AM »
Security Essentials: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/products/security-essentials
Malwarebytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Malwarebytes PRO: https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=2169&scope=cart&cart=29945
I have ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
I'd say kaspersky Anti-virus.
Never, EVER use free anti-virus. (excl microsoft security essentials)
It spams you with the paid version, and always take up a lot of resources from your CPU.

You most time got stuck with other third party software. That is hard to remove.

I just use microsoft security essentials. And common sense.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 12:46:28 PM »
Security Essentials: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/products/security-essentials
Malwarebytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Malwarebytes PRO: https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=2169&scope=cart&cart=29945
I have ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
I'd say kaspersky Anti-virus.
Never, EVER use free anti-virus. (excl microsoft security essentials)
It spams you with the paid version, and always take up a lot of resources from your CPU.

You most time got stuck with other third party software. That is hard to remove.

I just use microsoft security essentials. And common sense.

This.

I use security essentials and it works very well. It's free, easy to use and doesn't give you a bunch of annoying warning messages like some programs.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 12:46:28 PM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 04:06:48 PM »
Actually aside from Malwarebytes Pro I'd say NEVER use a paid anti virus. Granted I've pushed away from AVAST ever since they start putting advertisements on their clients pc's which is terrible and unacceptable. AVG started it of course. Never get an AV that has built in spyware, but at the same time don't waste 20 dollars a month on a paid av.

Malwarebytes is a CLEAN easy to use Scanner that will not bash you in the face with it's paid version. So if you only ever plan to use the free version that's fine.

And Security Essentials is the same, it's pretty good about not bashing your face in either.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 04:18:02 PM »
Microsoft Security Essentials Master Race

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 04:17:25 PM »
Microsoft Security Essentials is a sexy beast.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline WR_

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 06:47:24 AM »
I hadnt had an antivirusprogram for a year, and I even checked for viruses a week ago, none.
But yea, I used to use AVG.

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 12:05:47 PM »
Congrats?

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 02:29:13 PM »
Ok, here are the ones I would suggest:

Comodo Internet Security - Firewall and Antivirus in one.  It was free, not sure if it is anymore.  (FYI: Inject, it blocks your ATMA Admin assistant XD )
Microsoft Security Essential-  Free, simple, Good stuff, most likely because Microsoft bought the company, instead of creating the software in house...
Malwarebytes- Good stuff

Basically use this logic:  If the antivirus is free, and is offered from a company, that also has a paid version, the program usually is good to go.  The idea is to give you the basic protection, and do it well, so you buy the upgrade.   These programs typically do a pop up to advertise the paid version, when you update the virus definitions.  Some find annoying.  I simply click the red X in the top right corner, and "poof," no more ad, until I update again.

NEVER USE NORTON. EVER.  It was great, back in the 1990's, and has relied on its name brand since.  It is terrible to remove, insidious, I would say.  The only way to fully remove Norton from your system is format it. It is a fav target of virus writers, as it has several known weaknesses.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 04:37:56 PM »
Ok, here are the ones I would suggest:

Comodo Internet Security - Firewall and Antivirus in one.  It was free, not sure if it is anymore.  (FYI: Inject, it blocks your ATMA Admin assistant XD )
Microsoft Security Essential-  Free, simple, Good stuff, most likely because Microsoft bought the company, instead of creating the software in house...
Malwarebytes- Good stuff

Basically use this logic:  If the antivirus is free, and is offered from a company, that also has a paid version, the program usually is good to go.  The idea is to give you the basic protection, and do it well, so you buy the upgrade.   These programs typically do a pop up to advertise the paid version, when you update the virus definitions.  Some find annoying.  I simply click the red X in the top right corner, and "poof," no more ad, until I update again.

NEVER USE NORTON. EVER.  It was great, back in the 1990's, and has relied on its name brand since.  It is terrible to remove, insidious, I would say.  The only way to fully remove Norton from your system is format it. It is a fav target of virus writers, as it has several known weaknesses.
Stop recommending commando. ..... OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! They stopped being good like a year ago.

You even acknowledge it's loads of FPS and still recommend it.

Also to who ever said AVG, if you enjoy having your PC spammed with AVG Pro Ads and having the scariest pop ups that say WARNING YOU PC IS INFECTED then AVG is great, but if you haven't had any screws loose don't use avg.

So Lets review:

NO...

AVG, Commando, Norton, or McAfee,

Get a link scanner such as MyWot and MSE as well as Mbam.

Bam your set for life.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »
If you have money to spend on it, or parents to buy it for you, I highly reccomend Kaspersky.  It gets the job done.  Haven't had much experience with anything but MCAfee, and that's just ew.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 08:42:08 PM »
DO NOT BUY A ANNUAL OR MONTHLY ANTI-VIRUS!

Waste of money and doesn't not offer higher protection at all. Huge Myth that it does.

I've already told you what to use please tell me you took the advice.

Offline Nelth

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 09:28:07 PM »
I took Security essentials

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 09:40:23 PM »
*applauds*

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 10:24:17 PM »
Comodo,  not commando, and the version I have is free, does its job, does NOT nag to buy an upgrade, and has a firewall.

And it does not like your coding, Inject, as it will not allow your ATMA program to run. And again, you claim it was good a long time ago, yet my sources show it competitive.  Your opinion.

As for an annual, or monthly purchase?  Agreed, it is a waste of money.  DO NOT BUY NORTON, ever. Unless you like being targeted, and want to format your system to get anti-spyware, software firewall, and other programs to run.  McAfee is bad, too.

The easiest route? Microsoft Essentials.  Why?  Not like Microsoft plays favorites with its own products, nope, no way.

And he took Essentials.   Voila.  End.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 10:27:44 PM »
also massively everyone's opinion that commando has fallen down way far since what it use to be.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 10:27:44 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal