Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just Curious about Hidden Bans  (Read 3844 times)

Offline CashPrizes

Just Curious about Hidden Bans
« on: May 03, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »
So I took notice that most of the hidden bans are 3 hours (by TK limit reached) and 1 week instated by an admin. This post is NOT intended to put down how anyone rules or how ruling is done period. Simple curious. But why are the Hidden bans 1 week in length? Would it not seem just to ban a user for perhaps a day, or two? Again not saying that there is anything wrong. Just curious. I realize that there are users deliberately causing mischief and creating a toxic environment and exposing users to it (who don't deserve it) and should be dealt with accordingly.

My experience as admin for 2 different communities was to start with a day or two and hopefully the user realizes what he/she did was not allowed and comes back on the server with a changed attitude.

Again, NOT intending to hurt how anyone rules or how ruling is done in general, I'm only here from curiosity.

If you feel this post should be removed/modified in your discretion, then please do so.

Offline Pyro

Re: Just Curious about Hidden Bans
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 11:51:11 AM »
The "TK limit reached" bans are automatic, I made it 3 hours so people couldn't abuse it to get rid of people, it's merely a little tool for when there is no admin available, because Hidden is short on admins. If you can, always get proof and make a ban request, don't rely on the TK limit. I already made new punishment regulations on team kills and spoke to the admins, weekbans are going to be less frequent (depends on the amount of trolls/teamkillers), and are not going to be given out like candy anymore, unlike before.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 11:51:11 AM »

Offline Red

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »
I like giving out candy; I'll start limiting my ban lengths some more (unless they deserve it).
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Pyro

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:30:58 PM »
I like giving out candy; I'll start limiting my ban lengths some more (unless they deserve it).

I sent you a PM, you should read it

Offline Red

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 12:34:46 PM »
I did, what if the tker is also using vulgar language, and is tking, would I add more time? Would I add even more time if they had an inappropriate spray?

Offline Pyro

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 12:39:58 PM »
I did, what if the tker is also using vulgar language, and is tking, would I add more time? Would I add even more time if they had an inappropriate spray?

You can change people's names, so vulgar names shouldn't add more time.
Inappropriate spray's stand loose from Team Killing so I don't think it should add more time either. If the person is to be banned for a week, ban for a week, don't make it perma because of the spray, the weekban should be enough to teach him a lesson that both team killing and inappropriate sprays are not allowed.

Offline Red

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 12:41:45 PM »
Meh, I just feel like it should compound, do we really want these people to play on the servers? Sorry if I seem too harsh... I'm not terribly great at coming up with punishments either.

Offline CashPrizes

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 01:31:45 PM »
Meh, I just feel like it should compound, do we really want these people to play on the servers?

You bring up a valid statement, but I've always been keen on giving someone a second chance. We're all human after all. That's just me.

Offline Live Bait

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »
I will stand up and take responsibility for this one.
When I notice the kill feed says the same player killing multiple people and the round has not ended, it has usually reached 3-4 teamkills and I just quickly handed out "Don't come back for a week"
It use to be up to Admin's best judgement, but I kind of botched that.
So the issue has been addressed. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Offline CashPrizes

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 07:05:26 PM »
I will stand up and take responsibility for this one.
When I notice the kill feed says the same player killing multiple people and the round has not ended, it has usually reached 3-4 teamkills and I just quickly handed out "Don't come back for a week"
It use to be up to Admin's best judgement, but I kind of botched that.
So the issue has been addressed. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Sure thing. Just something I took notice on.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 07:05:26 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal